The Secret

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by JamieHoward, Dec 12, 2010.

1. JamieHoward New Member

The secret
    Law of Attraction

I am just wondering how many of us have seen the secret moive

And does anyone apply it to your life.

The Secret teaches us that we create our lives, with every thought every minute of every day. Living The Secret offers tools and ideas to help you live The Secret and create the life of your dreams.

Do you live The Secret...?
  2. FreeCashMan Active Member

The Secret is empowering!

One thing I've found it's better to think of greatness in the future than to dwell in present misery of the past.

Success is out there but many don't want to work for the "loaf of bread" they would rather settle for a slice. Achieving success in a home business is about going after the "loaf of bread".
  3. Just2EZ Moderator

Rhonda Byrne came out with a sequel book called The Power
    I watched The Secret change many lives, for better and worse.
    One person I know even tried suicide after failing to manifest his desires.
    His "desire" was to get full disability with back payments, how ironic.

The Power focuses on the power of Love and the feeling it brings.
    Someone gave a copy to my son recently and it made a big difference.
    He went out and bought 3 more copies to give away to others.
    He gave one to his mother and said "Read it and do what it says."
    LOL, if anyone knows unconditional love it's his mother!
    I wouldn't be alive today if not her unconditional love.
    (neither would he)

Several of The Secret "stars" were my teachers many years ago.
    One was Jack Canfield of Chicken Soup for the Soul fame, before he wrote them.
    I lost count of how many Chicken Soup titles he has come out with.
    He is definitely proof of The Secret working when Love is applied.
  4. jazbo New Member

The problem with the "law of attraction" (that is what the secret describes) is that you can not in the real world attract anything you want.

In my previous life my MD asked me to create a training course for our sales teams based around the law of atrractgion and the secret DVD.

I went back to him a week later and we had a pretty frank discussion. In the end he realised he had been caught up in some attractive hype rather than a real strategy.
  5. Just2EZ Moderator

jazbo: you can not in the real world attract anything you want.
    The truth is you can REPEL what you want when you have fear and doubt.
    If one side of the force works, the other must also.
    It's called believe to receive, or believing is seeing.
    If you don't believe you will fail to see opportunity.
  6. A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: The Secret is empowering!

One thing I've found it's better to think of greatness in the future than to dwell in present misery of the past.

Success is out there but many don't want to work for the "loaf of bread" they would rather settle for a slice. Achieving success in a home business is about going after the "loaf of bread".

FreeCashMan, I like your analogy! I would even take it a step further.

Anyone who truly understands the wisdom wrapped up in The Secret would recognize that they do have direct access to the "bakery" and, therefore, can produce as many "loaves of bread" as their heart desires, whenever the mood strikes them.

Hermas
  7. candy3 New Member

I loved this movie/book and it helped me in many ways. That being said, I think a lot of people that have watched the movie do not have the correct understanding of it and are expecting magic with no action on their part. It is giving the movie and the "law of attraction" a bad rep.
  8. jeremya23 New Member

I really enjoyed The Secret. It has some of the same principles taught in Think And Grow Rich. I actually practice the visualization process morning and night. I haven't been doing it long enough to see any real results, but I know if I continue to keep doing it, it will eventually pay off.
  9. talfighel Silver Member

You can think right and empower yourself with positive thinking, but if you don't take any action (like in MLM) then you will not get anywhere.

Just thinking won't make life easier and help you to make money. You need to take action.

Tal
  10. DCollier Member

talfighel: Hermas
    Action happens when you slow down and listen. Do we hear what we are saying to ourselves and when something presents itself do we respond? Without action , life stays the same. step past your fear and leap forward in faith. trust that things will be as the universe intends it to be!
  11. blackstar New Member

I actually work for Jack Canfiled who is in the Secret, I think the movie is powerful, but I'm not some crazed "Secret" fan. Good concepts, it's always good to stay motivated and work towards something.
  12. KarenSmith67 New Member

I own a copy of the Secret! Great motivational tool, if someone is open to a new way of thinking.

I have always believed that we create every experience we have, good and bad. Now, I am sure some do not agree with this, but to each his/her own.

Life is good, and getting better all the time!
  13. mbasa Member

I own a copy of The Secret; the book and I watched the DVD much later. I don't believe the Law of Attraction to be everything, but it sure does empower you to take charge of your life and I must testify that it lifts a lot of burden on your shoulders. I got this book at a time when I needed a "pick me up" as I was very down due to problems my hubby was having at work. I always remembered to reamin positive now that I knew that my thoughts can create my reality. My internet marketing adventures were born out of the knowledge i received from reading about the Law of Attraction.
  14. RICH4NURICHE New Member

Everything starts with the mind! Take action on a set goal and plan to adjust accordingly with time. Never quit, adapt and overcome!
  15. katereber New Member

Looks like that movie is so interesting and lots of good stuff you can take from that movie.. Because all the post are stating some good benefits from it..

I'm so shy here, but honestly I've never been watched that movie.. [IMG]
    Wish I could have time and opportunity to watch it..
  16. Solare New Member

RICH4NURICHE: Everything starts with the mind! Take action on a set goal and plan to adjust accordingly with time. Never quit, adapt and overcome!
    This is so true. I add: THINK BIG
    Set your goal higher than you can imagine it today. Than work out a plan, little steps which will bring you always nearer to your goal.

Think for example that you from now until 7 years want to have 1 Mio at your free disposal.

It might be difficult to reach this as employer - so open your mind to what you can offer this world to earn with your own biz.

Take a 'so called failure' always as an experience, a step who showed you that you were on the wrong way to achieve your goal.
  17. katereber New Member

Solare: Set your goal higher than you can imagine it today. Than work out a plan, little steps which will bring you always nearer to your goal.
    That's exactly true.. I have my goal to be successful after 5-10 years from now..
  18. Just2EZ Moderator

Re-reading all the posts on this thread for the umpteenth time I finally Get It!
    The key to the Law of Attraction was right there all the time.
    In computer terms "Attr" is an attribute.
    An attribute is what causes something.
    The Law of Action causes results.
  19. Solare New Member

Just2EZ: The Law of Action causes results.
    Great thought! You brought it really to the point. [IMG]
  20. katereber New Member

Yeah great one.. Your post is so meaningful.. [IMG]