The Sedona Method

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Has anyone here tried the Sedona Method? It's supposed to free yourself from depression, addictions, stress, tension, anxiety or anger.

2. 1mind

1mind New Member

Yes I have. Get the book, it's great.

3. fifa_rep

fifa_rep New Member

Sir, prevention is better than cure. Why not live within one's means and educate ourselves so that we make financially-sound decisions. We will have no stress and little requirement in the quest to cure an ailment.

Let's not get the ailment in the first place!

4. Lauren

Lauren New Member

fifa_rep, being an entrepreneur is all about taking calculated risks and putting yourself on the line. It's called living in the real world. Managing time, and the stress that sometimes accompanies self-employment is an important topic, and concern of many. If everyone had it together, the 1 billion dollar self-help industry wouldn't exist.

Now, to the topic...

I'm continually trying to keep myself in balance, given that I manage both a robust internet marketing career, and do consulting, (as well as am part owner in a publishing company --also run at home).

I'd appreciate any other posts about Sedona, and experiences you've had with the program. I'd love to find some techniques to get me centered, faster. I tend to work too much (I love my work, but balance is very necessary as we know).

Warmly... Lauren

5. milleryawn

milleryawn New Member

Managing time, and the stress that sometimes accompanies self-employment is an important topic, and concern of many. If everyone had it together, the 1 billion dollar self-help industry wouldn't exist.I'd appreciate any other posts about Sedona, and concern given data process.

6. writepro

writepro New Member

I've tried the Sedona system. Found the audios more helpful than the book actually. Still, I have found EFT much more effective -- and a lot easier too.

EFT --Emotional Freedom Technique, also known as "tapping." It's a kind of acupuncture but with tapping on the meridian points (mostly on the face) instead of using needles.

I also use aromatherapy, herbs, deep breathing, and meditation.

And sure, trying to make life less stressful is always a great idea, but I find it important to have a bag of tricks at the ready for when you are stressed and under pressure and want to calm down.

Elisabeth

7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Hmm, 4 years after you asked the question...
    I was promoting the Sedona Method way back when. (20th Century)
    Haven't seen or heard from them in a long time even though I live in Sedona.
    But I do remember the gist of the training was to "Just drop it!".
    What ever is bugging you just let it go, don't focus on it.

As for the "tapping" method, that's Ilchi Lee, founder of Dahn Yoga Center.
    Supposedly it would grow back my balding hair, hmm.. may be working.
    I know my wife always used tapping on my kids' owies, increases circulation.
    Softly.

8. katereber

katereber New Member

No, never been tried that Sedona method.. I think I don't need it sir, because i know how to handle my depression and stress..
    Maybe if i can no longer handle it, i will try that one..
    Thanks..