The Two Things You Must Have For Your Business To Succeed

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by neonguy528, Jul 23, 2010.

1. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

If you have a business, you need exposure. Without exposure no one will know you or buy from you. So Internet marketing is crucial for your success. The two most important things you need to have for a chance at succeeding is: A marketing video and top page Google exposure.

When someone does a Google search, you must show up ahead of your competition, or you will probably lose $$$. Everyone wants page 1 exposure. Everybody. Also, a marketing video will help you promote your products or services to more perspective new customers. Videos are better than words of photos. In May 2010, statistics have about 84.8 % of the total internet audience watches videos. So how can any business not take advantage of a marketing video?

My last research has YouTube getting about 75 million visitors a month. I could be off some here. It really could be more. You can see more specifics on my blog on how to get traffic for your business and website. It does take work. Good luck.
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Having some sort of video is great and can aid in your marketing efforts. And a top rank in the search engines for your respective biz, product or service is nice, however, there are many people succeeding marketing online without those things.

You are right one needs exposure, but there are multiple ways to get exposed and succeed online. A very simple and effective way these days to achieve such can be done just using social network sites. Our group has successfully trained and build people a profitable business using this one method alone. No google search ranking needed.

There are people that just use articles and make money. Blogs and make money. Lead/prospect services to attract people to there biz/website/product/service and make money. Craigslist, backpage, and great forums like this one and they are experiencing great success.

Your point is well taken...the key is exposure. The more the merrier![​IMG] Videos and Google rank are a way.
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This kind of free traffic is great but there are other ways of getting traffic to your site.

One of the best ways is Pay Per Click and it can work for any niche online.

If you post a video on YouTube and get lots of traffic to it through the search engine, then this can bring you lots of free traffic. The more videos you make, the more traffic you will get. But you should not rely on that tactic alone because not every video that you post on YouTube will get picked up by the search engines.

The key is to get as much videos as possible on a consistent basis.

Tal
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: Your point is well taken...the key is exposure. The more the merrier!
    ...and that's all there is to it!

In addition to search engines, videos, social groups, pay per click, article marketing and blogging mentioned in the previous posts, there are scores of other effective marketing methods available.

Some methods are better suited to certain kinds of businesses, products and services than others -- for a variety of reasons. The more marketing methods you can utilize, the better you'll cover your bases, the greater exposure you'll get and the more money you'll make.

Hermas
  5. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

However most business people that I've talked to have no idea about Google, Google rankings, no idea about marketing, even when they are losing customers. I am blown away at how most of these people really don't have a clue. Makes you wonder how were they smart enough to start and maintain a business?
  6. KarlFabian

KarlFabian New Member

neonguy528: My last research has YouTube getting about 75 million visitors a month. I could be off some here. It really could be more. You can see more specifics on my blog on how to get traffic for your business and website. It does take work. Good luck.
    That's a lot of Pizza Pie!
    How are your conversions from UTube?
    Unbelievable - I would like a piece of that.
    Thanks for the Data
  7. winlin

winlin New Member

neonguy528: My last research has YouTube getting about 75 million visitors a month. I could be off some here. It really could be more. You can see more specifics on my blog on how to get traffic for your business and website. It does take work. Good luck.
    You may want to update your latest research it sounds a bit behind the times.

I've heard 2 billion (with a "B") daily... A basic google search for "Daily You Tube Views" and the first article result that came up confirmed it.

Here's the link:

http://mashable.com/2010/05/17/youtube-2-billion-views/
  8. yahia

yahia Member

Youtube traffic is really huge, yet is the most neglected source of traffic. Mostly because of the fact that you need to shoot a video first before you put a foot in.

A power point presentation exported or captured as a moive file could do it.

Windows movie maker (that's free) can be used to edit it and add sounds (like your voice or music you have the right to use it) and take it to the next level.

That sounds easy because we are most of the time on our computers trying to make these traffic snowballs. But business people must also think about buying, selling, salaries, hiring, firing, finances, bills, sticking to the business plan, lawyers, accountants, and marketing.

They hire people to do the marketing. Not that they can not do it, but think about it. After you finish setting up and optimizing one campaign, how much time is left for you to manage all of the above business tasks?
  9. brownbear

brownbear New Member

A marketing video and an exposure that ranks high in google can go a long way for anyone, but first you must find your target audience, find out what it is they want, then motivate them to act.
    Once all is said and done you can then make that video and rank high in google with better success.
  10. SDEntrepreneur

SDEntrepreneur New Member

Video is powerful but you also need Organic Listings, PPC and Google Places/Maps ranking. You want to get as much Internet Real Estate as possible.
  11. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Hmmm, I am pretty green still, but I get top page rankings in Google with articles. I have never done a video, scares the crap out of me to be honest. Learn something else new? Shiver. Maybe someday, it is on my list.

I think it takes more than two things honestly. I would put article marketing in my top list of what it takes, but that's what I do and I am a success!

Another thought regarding videos is this. Some don't absorb the info in the video format. I personally would prefer to read something any day as to watch it on video. I can go at my own pace. I get bored with the videos waiting for them to get to the point. A pdf file I can manage better.

We all absorb information differently. I watch videos for music and entertainment only. Learning from them just kills me.
  12. catgirl

catgirl New Member

talfighel
    Hi , I am very green so , I hope I am replying the correct way.
    I have spent the last six months trying to find a real legitimate wok from home system and unfortunately lost money. I am so tired of signing up for tings that ring me no results.
    Could you please try and explain the whole "Surveys from home" system. I am a hard worker and just want to be successful .
    Thank you.
    catgirl.
  13. DonaldGreen

DonaldGreen New Member

neonguy528
    having a video on your website indeed is going to help you as via the video you build relationship with your clients.

traffic is crucial. if you are not on 1st page on google, you can have amazing videos and great website but you earn 0.

also crucial is to have a product that is demanded by the public.
  14. katereber

katereber New Member

Marketing video is one of the ways to promote or to know your business...
    By the help of youtube, you can post your video there because that site have a billions of visitors..
    So it is one tool to get exposure..
  15. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Yes, and if you do, please keep them short and to the point. Like 3-5 minutes long.
  16. katereber

katereber New Member

@RICH4NURICHE, Good day to you.. Actually I heard a lot of suggestions about promoting business on youtube.. But honestly I've never been tried it.. Is 3-5 minutes is the ussual long of the video for you tube?

Thanks and have a great day..[​IMG]