Things that annoying in a web page

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Oliviabest, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Oliviabest

Oliviabest New Member

Hi, guys [​IMG]

It is only out of my interest.

Nowadays, there are lots of compelling techniques and things in use to be implemented in to a webpage or webdesign. They are enough pleasing for anyone. But still something is in presence that could be really annoying. What exactly do you find such a problem?
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Too many flashy graphics on a site is a total turnoff.
  3. Oliviabest

Oliviabest New Member

as for me, a website sound, turning on automatically, is really irritating. Probably, I won't come back onto such page.
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Like Tal said but Flashing graphics, effective but painful if you want to read content.
    What I find most annoying is plug in updates required to view a site.
    Most of the time it is to plant deeper cookies or just a pain to install.
    K.I.S.S. should be the motto for all web designers.
    Few of the top sites have anything flashy.
    I mean, look at this WAHF site.
    Plain and simple works best.
  5. katereber

katereber New Member

For me a website pop ups.. I really don't like it.
  6. Multimastery

Multimastery New Member

-Flashing graphics
    -Popups
    -Some Fly ins
    -Slow loading
    -Super small text - or hard to read text due to color or font
    -Large amount of outbound links that don't open in never window. (This really is annoying when I'm reading a list.)
  7. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Personally I don't like it when there is like a zillion advertisements that pop up. ESPECIALLY the ones that take up like half the page.
  8. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

I agree 100% with what webgenie said about the advertising pop up that comes up over the page you are looking at. This is VERY annoying to me!!
  9. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

talfighel: Too many flashy graphics on a site is a total turnoff.
    Yup, nothing annoys me more than that.

Also on movie sites the "Download Now" and "Play Now" fake buttons that have CPA offers, like OMG, why would you think I would click on those!!!
  10. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

PeterFrosen: Also on movie sites the "Download Now" and "Play Now" fake buttons that have CPA offers, like OMG, why would you think I would click on those!!!
    LOL! But they don't think YOU will, just the other 97%.
  11. happywife

happywife Gold Member

PeterFrosen: and "Play Now" fake buttons that have CPA offers, like OMG, why would you think I would click on those!!!
    [​IMG] I have to embarrassingly admit that I fell for clicking on the play now buttons a few months ago. My dad told me about an episode to a show in the US that I wanted to see. I thought I could watch it online for "free" somewhere as there are often episodes of shows here in Australia online after it airs on TV.

Anyway, no matter how much I searched I never did find it. Although several times I thought I had and clicked "Play Now" only to be disappointed. [​IMG] Live and learn!