Think bite sized when writing articles

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by TshirtFrank, Apr 2, 2009.

1. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Hi All,

I wanted to write this because it seems so simple but it is often over looked.

When writing articles make sure that you are keeping your information in bite sized easy to read paragraphs. Break your articles down into various sections with sub headings. You will expirence better readership and increase in your click thorough rate!

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Great advice!

You cannot escape the visual component of the Internet. The majority of the information that's online
    is in some form of readable text. The more inviting and uncluttered any content is presented, the greater
    appeal it will have to the reader.

Hermas

3. gridellas

gridellas New Member

You can also break up your articles using bullet points, or numbers.
    That also makes reading articles easier on the eyes. [​IMG]

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

On that note, if you are using an article submitter to submit articles, or even if your not, always preview your article AFTER it has been approved. In some cases, the article directory won't always insert a space between paragraphs, but this can usually be remedied by placing a
    tag in between paragraphs.

5. garygoh

garygoh New Member

Another important thing to bear in mind is to check the link to your websites in your resource box, make sure the links work.

6. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

gridellas: You can also break up your articles using bullet points, or numbers.
    That also makes reading articles easier on the eyes
    I tend to look for those articles that are in point formed. It is easier to read and digest.

7. Articles should be written to grab the readers attention.

8. timhale

timhale New Member

Good suggestions all!

I'm often guilty of being too long-winded! I'm going to try to keep my articles shorter and more reader-friendly!

Thanks!
    Tim

9. coffee

coffee New Member

Great tips, thank you for sharing. I have just started writing articles and I didn't think of several things like using point form or checking to see if my links work.

10. IMoneyReview

IMoneyReview New Member

This is a good tip, but remember when putting in a
    tag to make sure the article site allows it. Some sites do not like things like this added so always read their guidelines.

11. buckwild

buckwild New Member

I am just getting started with article writing, Thanks for all the great tips.

12. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

IMoneyReview: This is a good tip, but remember when putting in a
    tag to make sure the article site allows it. Some sites do not like things like this added so always read their guidelines.
    Exactly,
    I spinned and blasted my articles to about 70 article directories, and some didnt get accepted because of hard breaks tag
    Theres no way im gonna go back and edit all that. lol

Ok i admit it. I actually went back to all 70 and edited it manually. But at least i won't make that mistake again. Long live automation. [​IMG]