Thinking of Advertising with road signs. Advice Please?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by itsmikewhite, Jun 25, 2008.

1. itsmikewhite

itsmikewhite New Member

I had a great idea hit me yesterday while I was driving home from work. Every traffic light I stopped at there were always little road signs posted in the ground advertising some sort of business.

Do you guys think it would be a great idea to make up some signs to market my home business opportunity with. Im thinking i could place these signs all over town in high traffic areas.

What do you guys think? Anyone used these signs before?

2. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

I think it might be a good idea depending on what kind of traffic these roads see.

I wouldnt put your phone # though. Someone may call to make you remove the signs. Some townships and municipalities shun this practice.

Also, make the info easy to remember. Use a short domain so a person can remember when they go to their computer.

Keep us posted if you decide to market this way.

3. sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain New Member

That sounds interesting. I would be very interested to her how it goes if you give it a try.

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you have a product or service car owners use, this could be a good idea.

5. wapahm

wapahm New Member

I have also thought of using road signs, so I checked into the cost.

There is a company that will sell you 50 signs for $99.
    If I remember correctly little metal stands you'll need are .30 each.

I have seen signs stapled into telephone poles and in that case the extra cost would be a large staple gun and staples.

Bill is right, some counties don't allow road side signs without a permit.

However, if you see these signs already being used in your area the county probably won't say anything.

I think the website for the sign company is cheapsigns.net
    I do remember the phone number....1- 888-414-sign

good luck and let us know how it works out

Cynthia

6. itsmikewhite

itsmikewhite New Member

Thanks for the input guys. In my City these road signs are everywhere so I don't think I'll have any problems. I'mma take a look at cheapsigns.net to compare prices. I'm going to try this. It doesn't hurt to try.

7. nuwave06

nuwave06 New Member

I have tried this method before when promoting a home loan business several years ago and it seemed to work fairly well. Would I do it again? Probably not, as most of the signs I come across on the side of the road now are vandalized in some way (wacked up or spray painted over) or just taken down completely. If you can get a good rate and maybe test a few areas (where it is legal), it may not hurt to try. Have you thought about using car magnets instead?

8. ipodnano7

ipodnano7 New Member

wapahm: There is a company that will sell you 50 signs for $99.
    If I remember correctly little metal stands you'll need are .30 each.

Wow! thats fairly cheap, i would go for it