Thinking of Advertising with road signs. Advice Please?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by itsmikewhite, Jun 25, 2008.

1. itsmikewhite

itsmikewhite New Member

I had a great idea hit me yesterday while I was driving home from work. Every traffic light I stopped at there were always little road signs posted in the ground advertising some sort of business.

Do you guys think it would be a great idea to make up some signs to market my home business opportunity with. Im thinking i could place these signs all over town in high traffic areas.

What do you guys think? Anyone used these signs before?
  2. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

I think it might be a good idea depending on what kind of traffic these roads see.

I wouldnt put your phone # though. Someone may call to make you remove the signs. Some townships and municipalities shun this practice.

Also, make the info easy to remember. Use a short domain so a person can remember when they go to their computer.

Keep us posted if you decide to market this way.
  3. sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain New Member

That sounds interesting. I would be very interested to her how it goes if you give it a try.
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you have a product or service car owners use, this could be a good idea.
  5. wapahm

wapahm New Member

I have also thought of using road signs, so I checked into the cost.

There is a company that will sell you 50 signs for $99.
    If I remember correctly little metal stands you'll need are .30 each.

I have seen signs stapled into telephone poles and in that case the extra cost would be a large staple gun and staples.

Bill is right, some counties don't allow road side signs without a permit.

However, if you see these signs already being used in your area the county probably won't say anything.

I think the website for the sign company is
    I do remember the phone number....1- 888-414-sign

good luck and let us know how it works out

6. itsmikewhite

itsmikewhite New Member

Thanks for the input guys. In my City these road signs are everywhere so I don't think I'll have any problems. I'mma take a look at to compare prices. I'm going to try this. It doesn't hurt to try.
  7. nuwave06

nuwave06 New Member

I have tried this method before when promoting a home loan business several years ago and it seemed to work fairly well. Would I do it again? Probably not, as most of the signs I come across on the side of the road now are vandalized in some way (wacked up or spray painted over) or just taken down completely. If you can get a good rate and maybe test a few areas (where it is legal), it may not hurt to try. Have you thought about using car magnets instead?
  8. ipodnano7

ipodnano7 New Member

wapahm: There is a company that will sell you 50 signs for $99.
    If I remember correctly little metal stands you'll need are .30 each.

Wow! thats fairly cheap, i would go for it