This has saved me so much time

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by TyBrown, Jul 25, 2009.

1. TyBrown New Member

Maybe others are doing this but I thought I'd share. As of late I've been using VA's both here in the states and the Phillipines to do simple tasks like article submission. It is so cheap and it free so much time. I hope others can do the same.
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Ty,

That sounds interesting and I'm glad that you find VAs to be helpful.

One question - What's a "VA"?

Thanx,

~Newbie Shield~
  3. gowriter Member

Are you talking about Veterans Administration? Or Viral Article Marketing?

If the Veteran's Administration, what do they allow you to do? They have their own article submitter? Or are you posting your articles via their websites?
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

He might be talking about Virtual Assistants but not sure.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Newbie Shield: That sounds interesting and I'm glad that you find VAs to be helpful.

One question - What's a "VA"?
    Hahahahahaha I love your sense of humor lol.

Nice Newbie Shield [IMG].

I have no idea what they are either. That is a funny abbreviation to use when explaining something [IMG].
  6. getagrip Gold Member

So, can you tell us what VA means? We really want to know! [IMG]
  7. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Newbie Shield: One question - What's a "VA"?
    ROFL - that was good. I am dying to know myself.[IMG]
  8. Singapoor New Member

TyBrown: VA's both here in the states and the Phillipines to do simple tasks like article submission. It is so cheap
    I think he means Virtual Assistants, since the tone seems to be outsourcing in nature. It's very 4 Hour Work Week in approach...

If I weren't such a control freak (being so new with everything and all), I'd probably do a bit of outsourcing myself. As of right now though, I think I'll stick to learning by doing and polishing out my "systems" if you will.

But it's a great note about the fact that there are ways of freeing up time that are cheap and easy (similar to a previous thread that touched on getting articles written as a way to get more articles out there than a person would be able to do on their own).
  9. A8ch Gold Member

Singapoor: If I weren't such a control freak (being so new with everything and all), I'd probably do a bit of outsourcing myself. As of right now though, I think I'll stick to learning by doing and polishing out my "systems" if you will.
    Even though I don't think of myself as a "control freak" in the unflattering sense, [IMG] I do relate to your approach. It makes sense to me and is exactly the path I took.

I believe online marketers in particular (and business people in general) ought to really understand the components and inner workings of their systems. It's the smart thing to do and it sharpens your objectivity.

So when you do start outsourcing, you would know the exact standards to insist upon, and you'd be qualified to judge whether or not those standards were met.

Having that experiential knowledge provides you with a layer of protection against some incompetent trying to pass off inferior, counterfeit work as the real deal. You'd simply know better!

Plus, the security and confidence you gain from owning that knowledge is absolutely yours and can never be ripped off.

Hermas
  10. Singapoor New Member

A8ch: I believe online marketers in particular (and business people in general) ought to really understand the components and inner workings of their systems. It's the smart thing to do and it sharpens your objectivity.

So when you do start outsourcing, you would know the exact standards to insist upon, and you'd be qualified to judge whether or not those standards were met.

Having that experiential knowledge provides you with a layer of protection against some incompetent trying to pass off inferior, counterfeit work as the real deal. You'd simply know better!
    You know what A8ch, I don't think I've disagreed with you yet. What more could be added to that? [IMG] And seriously, feeling that way is why I took the stance I've taken... choosing to get dirt under my fingernails.

But part of what makes things hard for newbies is the fact that there isn't any "one way" to go about starting things off. I mean, there's also value in being able to free up some time and put it to use elsewhere (opening the opportunity to get more reading/learning done, the opportunity to start a new endeavour simultaneously,or even simple things like being able to allot more time to loved ones too, etc.).

It's really a tough call, and extremely individual of a choice.
  11. mack21 Guest

This sounds like something I will try.
  12. joanpeterson New Member

I am NOT an affiliate of these guys, but I did see this website on virtual assistants from the PH the other day.

I have no idea how good they are, as I don't use them.

But might be worth checking out. 123employee.com
  13. Dr_Boo New Member

On the QT, my VA got VD while out in the DMZ fighting the VC, but keep that on the DL.

Sorry, I'm reaaaally bored at work. I swear my next post will be more productive.
  14. TyBrown New Member

Virtual Assistants
  15. Singapoor New Member

Dr_Boo: On the QT, my VA got VD while out in the DMZ fighting the VC, but keep that on the DL.

Sorry, I'm reaaaally bored at work. I swear my next post will be more productive.
    Gotta say I know the feeling DB [IMG]
  16. ScottWhaley New Member

A8ch: Even though I don't think of myself as a "control freak" in the unflattering sense, I do relate to your approach. It makes sense to me and is exactly the path I took.

I believe online marketers in particular (and business people in general) ought to really understand the components and inner workings of their systems. It's the smart thing to do and it sharpens your objectivity.

Plus, the security and confidence you gain from owning that knowledge is absolutely yours and can never be ripped off.

Right on Hermas. I agree 100%. [IMG]

Scott