This year's 30 Day Challenge...

Discussion in 'Thirty Day Challenge' started by Singapoor, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Singapoor,

I hope that you enjoy it this year. Let me know what's new and different from last year. I know that Sonni will be there with you and probably several others from this forum.

Maybe I'll ask Vishal if he'll make a 30 Day Challenge folder.

This should be a fun thread :)

~Newbie Shield~

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'm not doing the 30 Day Challenge as I've already had success online, but a lot of people have had success with it, so have fun with it! [​IMG]

4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

The 30 Day Challenge isn't just about learning it's always fun Ed makes sure of that he has a great sense of humor. Just to let you know there are plenty of veterans who do it too not just newbies.
    I look forward to it and always learn something even if it's some basic thing I forgot about and then start implementing again.
    Sonni

5. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Wasn't it the same. or they have renewed the content inside. If so, how about those who has already signed up? So we get the new content for those who have signed up earlier?

6. AllieKLong

AllieKLong New Member

I'm not doing the 30-day challenge. But, good luck to you, I hope you do well. Have fun!

7. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Newbie: I'll do my best to keep up with it. I still have so much to learn and though I completed last year's, it strikes me as a program that Ed and his crew try to keep fresh and current so there may be new gems in there even for someone who already knows the basics of what they'll be covering. It's a good call to nudge Vishal to add a folder for it - I think it's a tool that's very worthwhile to have a section for.

Getagrip: I have to second what Sonni said - I think there's something in there for veterans too, even if it's merely a reminder of an approach since forgotten. What it means in the end is instead of sitting throug the whole thing, a veteran would get to skim [​IMG].

Sonni: Great to know you'll be on there too! That's really cool, having someone here also on there. "There is no charge for awesomeness." *giggle*

Cherie: Essentially, yes, in that the fundamentals are covered. But they may go into different ways of doing things. For instance, maybe they've found a new way to handle keyword research that makes it easier for newbies to understand. Things like that could always be honed/retaught/etc. There aren't a choice selection of people who get the content sooner - it's all released at the same time for the masses [​IMG].

Allie:
    I can't see what you've written yet.

8. Newbie Shield

The Thirty Day Challenge (30DC) Folder has been created (thanx Vishal!).

It's a great place to touch base with all those interested and involved.

I took the liberty of creating the first thread within the folder and here it is:

30 Day Challenge - Post Your Experiences Here

~Newbie Shield~

9. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I always appreciate the sharing of information on the latest tools and yes, gadgets!
    Even Ed's iPhone!
    Victoria

10. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I love how he says "There's no charge for awesomeness."

The 30 DC is fun and Ed is too funny in his mankini lol
    Sonni

11. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Newbie Shield: The Thirty Day Challenge (30DC) Folder has been created (thanx Vishal!).

It's a great place to touch base with all those interested and involved.

I took the liberty of creating the first thread within the folder and here it is:

Sweet! Okay, I'll head on over.

Sonni: The 30 DC is fun and Ed is too funny in his mankini lol

Huh? *wondering how on Earth I missed the mankini* When was that

12. Newbie Shield

Sonni: Ed is too funny in his mankini
    *Yikes*

Always wondered about that guy!

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

13. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

No seriously, when was the mankini incident? That's crazy. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't actually want to see it, so not toooo much detail... but more, do tell the occasion [​IMG]. Trying to figure out how one just transitions into a mankini scene on something like the 30DC - or was it at a live event?

14. realityshifter

realityshifter New Member

Information overload can actually overwhelm you and you simply develop amnesia. I guess that's what has happened to me - jumping from one information site to another - looking for that "ideal" tutorial which can finally launch my internet marketing career.

Thanks to this thread. I decided to join the 30 Day Challenge - only to find out I've registered with it almost 1 year ago an simply forgot about it!

Thanks for reminding me. I'm taking it seriously the second time around.

15. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

I know the feeling - I think we've all heard of sites/products that we skimmed then forgot about.

Perhaps psychology will say that it's easier to take things in at a point when you see the usefulness in it. I mean, for instance, if I would have stumbled upon the perfect keyword tool on day one of looking into internet marketing, I know I wouldn't have appreciated the usefulness of it - when don't have much of a background, it's just harder to take things in, let alone useful things.

Or maybe this is a prime example of "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." [​IMG] Dunno

16. innerpeace

innerpeace New Member

Ed and his great zoo expedition in the 2008 Challenge was awesome - and there was no charge for that.

It does lead me to ask... if there's no charge for awesomeness... then what do we pay people for?!

[​IMG]

IP
    [Wishing he was as good looking as Ed]

17. Singapoor

Singapoor New Member

Cheesecake? There IS a charge for good cheesecake. Well, not even that (if you can make a good one yourself). *thinking*

Tickets to see Michael Jackson moonwalk onto a stage again after so long? There IS a charge for that too [​IMG]

18. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

What I love about the Challenge most is the little tricks and tips we can pick up along the way...even for those who are already successful marketers.

I hope to see you there!
    Victoria

19. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I also have started the new 30 day Challenge. I did the one from 2008 on Newbie Shield's recommendation and it was great.

Ed is that man but the only thing that gets me is that he is sooooo long winded!

20. Newbie Shield

TshirtFrank: Ed is that man but the only thing that gets me is that he is sooooo long winded
    Hi TshirtFrank,

To sidestep that I just downloaded and read the PDFs. By doing that a couple years ago I was able to go through the whole challenge in less than 3 days.

~Newbie Shield~