Thoughts?: Freedom in the context of Internet Marketing p1

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by greenion, Feb 24, 2010.

1. greenion

greenion New Member

Disclaimer: Being that I am just starting out on this, I will try to keep these lengthy posts to at least a one-a-day minimum. And also, if there are any grammarical errors in here, please let me know. I don't mind editors, just don't be a jerk about it.

Part of my journey to become highly skilled at Internet Marketing is to self-educate by practicing and brainstorming ways to change my mindset from employee to e-preneur. Of course there are many books and seminars on how to do this and how to do that in the offline|online business world. But, what I have discovered about myself, is that it is best to find out what works for you and stick with that, then build off it with any knowledge that might fit. So, getting my skills up to where I need them to be, will come from confidence in application. Practice, practice, practice!!

And there is another reason I think and feel posting this and similar posts will have an additional benefit; that of being not only a reminder of where my mind was at the time of the post, but also the sense of communal obligation to follow through with my goals.

With that now out of the way, here goes the first post in this series:

There are a lot of different posts in here and in the search engines on my titled topic, so what I wanted to do is give my interpretation of the word in that context and see if it comes close to what the members here think.

To me "freedom" with Internet Marketing means that once my skills have become elite, I will be in a strong position to promote any legitimate business|program that suits my fancy. And it is the skills that I prefer to have over a conventional business, because with those skills, I can create multiple streams of income. And I am not talking about becoming a millionaire overnight, I'm talking about generating a consistent full-time income online.

So, what is your take on all this? I am looking forward to the enlightenment to gained from the collective wisdom here.

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

greenion: To me "freedom" with Internet Marketing means that once my skills have become elite, I will be in a strong position to promote any legitimate business|program that suits my fancy. And it is the skills that I prefer to have over a conventional business, because with those skills, I can create multiple streams of income.
    That's similar to my own attitude regarding Internet freedom. Once you OWN the skills (and the other essentials that go with the package), you'll be able to call your own shots and reap the rewards for as long as you desire.

Freedom comes when you learn HOW to fish! [​IMG]

Hermas

3. wahgo

wahgo New Member

Internet Freedom allows me to take care of my family when I need to, be at my desk when I want to and deposit cash into my bank account because of my efforts.

Since you can rinse and repeat once you have figured out your path to internet freedom, the sky is the limit for income potential.

Good Luck!

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I have found that cookie stuffing and stealing of affiliate commissions is rampant, so I do not find internet marketing very lucrative.