tips for promoting websites

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by wrkathomeunited, Aug 10, 2010.

1. wrkathomeunited

wrkathomeunited New Member

hi there everybody!! i am pretty new to the internet marketing deal but i have found an incredible company that i love to represent but i could use a bit of assistance in promoting my pages... i am just not sure about how to go about the promotion process so any advice is greatly appreciated!!! thanks in advance![​IMG]
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Commenting in forums has been one of the most effective means for success in my online marketing efforts. So keep doing what you are doing right here for starters.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

You can write articles relating to your product's theme (problems they solve, etc.) and submit them to article directories. You are able to leave a link or two in the author's resource box linking to your pages.

Probably the most effective method of building long term traffic and leads is to build your own personal site based on keyword research of your specific niche topic. As you add more and more content to your personal site, you will get more and more free traffic from the search engines.

You can then direct the traffic to your company's pages or monetize the traffic in several other ways, too.

It all takes time and effort, but you'll get there in the end if you stick to it.

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. wrkathomeunited

wrkathomeunited New Member

good tips guys thanks alot!!!
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

happywife: Probably the most effective method of building long term traffic and leads is to build your own personal site based on keyword research of your specific niche topic. As you add more and more content to your personal site, you will get more and more free traffic from the search engines.
    Angie KNOWS what she is talking about as she has built a beautiful website around some mlm health products and also the business opportunity.[​IMG]

I am not sure what the url is but I am sure she'll be happy to share it with you if you ask her.[​IMG]
  6. MayaLocke

MayaLocke New Member

Once the site is built and optimized you need backlinks. There are a number of ways to do that from submitting press releases, syndicating articles, forum posting, blog commenting etc...
  7. diane622

diane622 New Member

A lot of people don't particularly like using Google Adwords anymore, but I will have success using it to drive traffic to my site. I just don't ever pay more than $0.10 per click, so I'm never in tears at the end of the month when my bill comes! [​IMG]

I'm sure you'll get a lot of other good advice on this post. A few others are article writing, blog commenting, posting classified ads, buying banner space, social media postings, just to name a few!

Good Luck!
    Diane
  8. fuloash

fuloash New Member

I will agree with diane622 about Google Adwords. First off, they make it so difficult as people started using them for scams so trying to get your ad up there is tough enough. But bidding a tiny amount per click is good advice because the basic principal in business is to double your money. So if you spend $100 in clicks per month but generated $400 in profit, then you are doing good and that advertising is helping!

Another place to check for per click/per impression advertising is Facebook. There cost per thousand impressions can actually be cheap and it at least gets your site scene.

Just some ideas to also check out (others people have said as well)
    Backlinks
    Forums
    Social marketing (make a flyer, drop it off at your local college)

Hope this helps!
    Fuloash
  9. yahia

yahia Member

fuloash: Another place to check for per click/per impression advertising is Facebook. There cost per thousand impressions can actually be cheap and it at least gets your site scene.

If your website is about a business opportunity of any kind then your ads will be disapproved by Facebook. It's not wise though to start with per impression on any media. Start with a per click ad, and tweak it as you go until you have a good click through rate with a good conversion. Then you can switch to a per impression ad.
  10. wrlawrence

wrlawrence New Member

Great ideas and can be confusing at times but if I was new and had a limited budget stay focus on Angie's post.
  11. marchal04

marchal04 New Member

Hi,

In my way you can do Link Building to promoting your website otherwise one more service if you afford that is PPC. PPC increase your rank very fast and get more visitors so think about it.
  12. realityshifter

realityshifter New Member

wrkathomeunited

Hi everybody!

This is just a very minor thing in website promotion. Does shortening a URL like this - http://bit.ly/doWPtQ have any advantage over a text link which is also one way of coming up with a shorter or more presentable URL?

I'm just a bit puzzled. Why is it that companies are promoting the use of shortened URL in promoting affiliate links? Is there something lost when you just convert an affiliate link into a text link?

Thanks!
  13. yahia

yahia Member

realityshifter: I'm just a bit puzzled. Why is it that companies are promoting the use of shortened URL in promoting affiliate links? Is there something lost when you just convert an affiliate link into a text link?
    So that if someone spams with the shortened url the merchant will be safe, or at least this is what they think.
  14. realityshifter

realityshifter New Member

yahia

Oh I see! Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks, Vahia.
  15. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

A great way to get a good amount of traffic to your site is to use Pay Per Click advertising. Companies that are good are Google,Yahoo, and MSN.
  16. jonckhje

jonckhje New Member

Over here in Holland we have several marketplaces (like ebay, but also dutch initiatives) that are very well indexed by Google. I could imagine that there are more international ones in which you could 'name drop' your website in the right context?

(BTW, first post, I LOOOOOOOVE this site and its forum!!!!)
  17. Tess_T

Tess_T New Member

There are HUNDREDS of ways you can market at no cost - write articles, comment on blogs and join related forums, post a compelling profile on Facebook and Twitter, offer to post articles on other peoples websites (they love fresh content) as long as they allow you to link to your page or offer.

Free and paid press releases, classified ad sites like Craigslist and US Free Ads - advertise OFFLINE as well by giving out business cards or advertising in the newspaper.

Put your imagination to work, and you can find all kinds of methods to get the word out!
  18. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Here are some tips to get traffic and promote your website:-
    1.Directory submission
    2.Blog comments
    3.Article marketing
    4.Forum posting
    5.social bookmarking.
  19. fashionmayhem

fashionmayhem New Member

Facebook is working very well for me at the moment
    Gl
    Kelly
  20. yahia

yahia Member

fashionmayhem: Facebook is working very well for me at the moment
    Facebook is an excellent one for you since you are in the fashion niche. Also try PPV and if teenage females are among your target audience.