Tips for the frustrated Coastal Reps

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

The problem with all centers is that you are dealing with humans and there is a limit to how many calls they can make per day.

With an automated calling system, you can record a message and send a voicemail to 1,000 prospects for about $40 and it takes no longer than about 10 minutes to set up.

The automated dialers don't get tired, upset or take a portion of your profits!

I have been using this system for P1D and it's more than fantastic.
    Hope this helps
    Maria

2. DomainLoco

DomainLoco New Member

I really can't stand this whole Coastal Vacations stuff, it makes me sick how many people truly believe this is a business!! lol

3. Hi Daniel

Of Course you are entitled to your own opinion. So what is it? You dont like Coastal because you failed at it? You dont like Coastal because everybody else is seeing success? Or is it just because you dont understand it?
    I am a Platinum Director and I have been very successful with Coastal. I sell Travel... You sell Life Insurance...I sell dreams, you sell Nightmares!
    Good Luck With That!..

Sean Keely
    Owner & CEO Expect Your Success Marketing

4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Great response, Sean![​IMG]

5. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Sean

I think your answer to Daniel was very harsh.

Not everyone is going to like Coastal. That is why there are so many businesses available for home business wannabees. Just because Daniel thinks Coastal is not a real business does not give you a right to be mean. There are plenty of ways that coastal does not fit a traditional home business model. There is no company, there is no product support center, there is no office which handles customer support, no one handles compliance etc

Also, I am curious, Coastal does not have Platinum Members, they have Level I, II and III directors. Platinum One Destinations has a Platinum level?...How are you a platinum director?

Cheers
    maria

6. Ok Im Done

7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Maria,
    I'm really surprised to hear you take up for someone coming into the Coastal Vacations area and doing nothing but criticizing Coastal. Coastal is still making money for lots of people and this forum is meant to help those who are still using it. Not give those, like Daniel, a platform to slam it. This is unusual for a lady of your character.[​IMG]

8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Frustration is something that can easily be remedied. All it take is a new perspective on how to run your Coastal business. Ive learned various ways to run my business. Many of them are not what you normally see in the Coastal forums but they are proven business methods.

Like many I tried many of the traditional Coastal methods and while I had success with them many of my teammates didnt. So I improvised. I learned to retail to travelers. I started showing businesses the value of the package and I made my Coastal opportunity more attractive to people looking to get started in business. Instead of downing other opportunities or other groups I learned what they did to become successful and bean to implement many of their methods into my own business.

After that no more frustration. So I suggest to anyone that is frustrated to take a step back and do some research and change your mindset on Coastal. I did and it's working great for me.

9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Good for you, Adam! Great to have you back on the forum.[​IMG]

10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

If you are frustrated with Coastal Vacations I can relate. In the past I have had success as well as many failures with Coastal Vacations. My failures dealt mostly with having members have the same success I had. So at first I looked at how I was trainig people to see what I could do to be better. Whenever there is a problem in business you should always look inhouse first. So I did and here is what I found.

My methods of training were sound. What was the problem was some of the systems used. They were good systems with many features and great potential but had one major flaw. Many of the systems became self serving. Take for instance the leads systems. Leads became more expensive as time went on and I found I had the same success with leads that cost a penny as opposed to those that cost dollars to purchase. I suggest creating your own leads.

Another system that could be improved on was the replicated websites. Now I will admit many of the sites are amazing to look at and for many with limited internet skills this is their only option. But as a website designer I know that the cost to operate many of the sites and what was being charged had a huge margin. Also there are many websites that are easily created and free that could be used. We have talked about duplication in the past how about duplicating something free and giving our new members a leg up from the start.

The last thing I want to talk about is the system we used to duplicate our business growth. Many of us have become what as known as business builders and prospect to find new members. This is where I have seen the least success with most members. Ive heard figures that somewhere up to 90% of people fail in home based businesses and I think the way we prospect has alot to do with this. Most people arent salespeople. To get on the phone no matter what opt you are promoting or whatever script or style you are using its still a sales pitch. Salesmen are one of the highest paid industries for a reason. Sales is an acquired skill. Not to mention the market is saturated with thousands of opportunities ( many of which are less expensive than Coastal or even free). So I began to retail more and found as people saw the success we had they began to ask more about the business side of Coastal.

I took the business aspect of Coastal to the next level by creating innovative ways to get people started. Many of these methods were either my own of borrowed right from the various other Coastal teams on the market. I wanted to take away all the excuses and give the most people I could a chance.

So to conclude I would like to say that if you are frustrated then change your mindset. Look at what you are doing and grade it. See what you can improve upon. Once you do and change your methods success should be right around the corner.

11. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hello Everyone ....

It's been a great summer and now that the kids are back in school,
    vacations are pretty much over and we're in sight of the end of this
    year (can you believe it?) -- it's time to focus on what you want (or
    need) to do to finish this year financially On Target for your goals.

That's where Coastal and a business using Coastal as the product
    to generate money comes in. And if you're of the "Frustrated Coastal"
    category, then this could be that breath of fresh air you're looking for.

Aside from the generic duties of bookkeeping, ordering, shipping
    and paperwork that all businesses have to deal with --- and most
    everyone can handle with no issues --- there's two other duties that
    all businesses have to have going on or they absolutely will last
    only as long as YOU have the money to stay in the game.

Selling and Marketing. That's it.

If you are experiencing frustration with your Coastal business, the
    chances are pretty good it's because of 1 of 2 problems you face.

1. You are having challenges selling (or selling enough) to the people
    you are presenting to.

2. You are having challenges getting enough people to sell to (or
    affording enough leads to have enough people to sell to).

Either of those 2 areas, selling and marketing, if not done well
    and in enough volume --- will kill your business.

You can't have a business and have either one missing.

So what do you?

DELEGATE OUT the one that most likely is the hardest for you to do.

Usually ... that is the selling.

Most people though, want to try their hand at the selling part, as
    it doesn't cost any money to try it. So, they will gather up some
    leads or names of people who are easy to approach (it doesn't
    matter why they are easy, as in relatives, friends, co-workers).

Unless you are already a PROFESSIONAL at selling ... the advice to
    go and "test the waters" with the easy to approach people is BAD
    ADVICE.

Why? Because they usually know you and they know you're new
    and they believe you don't know all there is to know about what
    you are selling and .... the list is long why all you will do is burn a
    good market you could have made money on.

How? By delegating the selling to someone that can do it and do
    it better than you can (at least for now).

If that sounds like it makes sense ... ask questions.

Marketing isn't "easy" either and can take some money to do it. But
    the effect of being "new" at marketing doesn't BURN YOUR MARKET
    like the effect of being "new" at selling ... which is the final step in
    the sales process and the one that is easiest to do damage with.

Ask questions ... get answers. Find out how you can outsource the
    selling part of the operation.

Have a great week ....

12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

CREATING SOME MOMENTUM

Are you frustrated and need a boost in your business? If so try this. Use your package to promote itself. For years many of us have been buying leads and then just calling them to generate business. This creates a bunch of challenges for most. First you have to buy the leads. Unless you have my philosophy of a lead is a lead is a lead ( I say this because we market travel and everyone loves travel) you are probably paying tons for leads. The second challenge is once we get those leads then we have to contact them and TALK to them. This involves some level of sales which for many is a challenge within itself.

Here is what I suggest. Find out how to generate your own leads in your own area. You can do this by giving away vacations through businesses. Let a business owner looking for customers give away you vacations as a bonus on their sales items. For example for every customer that buys "x" product or spends "x" amount of money they enter a drawing to win a Carnival Cruise. The cruise cost us what $30? Imagine how many leads you can get with that $30. You can even offset that cost to the winner ( be sure to spell this out in the details upfront). Ive done this various times and if you have questions be sure to contact me.
    If you are shy on talking to people then create a website the prospects can go right to and enter their info as well as read all the "sales stuff". Link a Coastal Profile, a Coastal Video as well as any other ways you can show the product and advertise without you having to do the selling yourself. Ive spent the last few years learning how to do this and teach my teammates ( a bonus of signing up with me ) as well as teaching outsiders (some by fee as well as giving away my free info) how to so the same.

Frustration can evaporate quickly with a great plan.

[​IMG] ADAM [​IMG]

13. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hello to the "Frustrated" & "I Hope I Won't Be!" Readers....

What if you had no cost for leads ...?

What if you had no need to market ...?

What if you didn't have to do the calls and presenting?

What if you didn't have customer service issues?

What if you didn't need your own merchant account?

Would the elimination of those things help with the frustration?

Of course.

So that I don't get this post deleted like the one previous to this
    one that did get eliminated ... let me simply say this.

There are ways to get rid of the frustrations mentioned and actually
    you could do it without "me" .... but you would have to ask to get
    the answers.

Coastal is truly a "rock" of a business in these troubled economic
    times, having weathered and continue to provide excellent income
    to those that know how to work and adapt to the times today.

If you really are frustrated or want to keep from becoming that
    way, it only takes knowing how it works to do that.

Have a super week ...

14. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Tips to handle frustration

These times can bring frustration to anyone. As people struggle to fill their gas tanks and keep food on their tables it can be frustrating to call our leads and hear the bad news stories. Now their are many options on how to get past this problem and here are a few of my ideas.

For some the option is to "outsource" your calls to a call center. For many this is a great option. There are various Coastal groups that do this. As to not pit one against the other I will let you do your own research.

For me the best option is to change your "sales pitch". I have effectively done this in my business. I was frustrated at calling leads and having people love the business but not having the money to get started. So I changed my pitch. I gave them affordable ways to get started. Next I began to show members how to create their own free leads. Not just leads they could get off the internet that had no connection to them but leads that knew them. The results are incredible.

Frustration can either cripple you or make you adapt. I choose to adapt and encourage you all to do the same. The fact that you are here on this forum makes me believe you are the type of person looking to adapt. Remember that in troubled times the most fortunes are made as people become innovative and create better options to help alleviate the pain in the market.

Be sure look over all the postings in the Coastal area of this forum. There are various threads that will give you insight on how to succeed in Coastal

[​IMG]Adam[​IMG]

15. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hello Again Readers,

Have you ever wondered what it would be like if MacDonalds never
    "outsourced" flipping of the burgers to someone else?

How about if Mr. Dodge (real name of the Dodge Brothers) decided
    to build all the cars they made .... by themselves?

A smaller example ... what if any business you know of, large or
    small, never hired or "farmed out" (outsourced) any of the work
    they needed done to complete a product or service they produce?

Right ... they would never have grown to the stature and size
    they are today.

Why are you any different?

Check out what it would be like to outsource the job of presenting,
    selling, product delivery, customer service in your Coastal business.

It's on the smart thing to do if you want yoru business to grow
    beyond the limitations of being a "One Person Show" --- and it
    doesn't tak long to find out answers.

Have a great weekend!

16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Are you still frustrated with the results of your Coastal Business? Many of us have been there ( myself included ). My frustration was the success I was having wasnt translated into success for the majority of my team.

So what was I to do? First I became involved in a variety of other Coastal and travel options. My history is well documented in these forums. But you know what I was still frustrated. While I could see myself having the success I wanted I wasnt sure my team would benefit.

Well I did some reflecting and here is what I can up with.

I discovered you needed a few definites to run your business.

LEADS

No Leads no business. Its that simple. So to create leads I did a few things. I first found as many free sources of leads as I could. I joined a few sites to get free leads and then I began to learn some internet marketing. My thought process is a lead is a lead is a lead. So im an advocate of getting as many leads as possible for as cheap as possible. Now this point has created alot of different thought processes but thats my story and im sticking to what works for me.

I believe that Coastal is the best opportunity on the market and if you get someone on the phone that is looking then you will close a deal. Period. For that reason free leads work for me.

Now to create more targeted leads I do customer appreciation days where I give away a trip to the winner of the contest I promote at the store and collect the names, telephone numbers and email addresses of all the participants. You can collect 100's to 1000's of leads in one day. That should keep you happy and busy for a while.

OPTIONS TO GET PEOPLE STARTED

Let's face it times are hard for many families and $1295 is a big investment for some. How many have prospected someone that loves the business but doesnt have the money. Im not a betting man but id bet 100% of us have. So why not create some options for those without money to get started. I have various options and this program is what works best for me.

I know many of you are really tied to what your upline has shown you but take it from someone that has been on the leadership of a group and has interacted with all the various leaderships what makes your leaders incredible in most cases is their ability to have back-up plans. Of course you should follow your suggested method of operation but why not have a few other options to back them up. Its what all businesses do to stay successful. Ever heard the saying dont put all your eggs in one basket?

I created ways to get good people without the money started and have seen huge success. And even better it has changed the lives of many that wouldnt have been able to otherwise get started.

PRODUCTS TO FALL BACK ON

The one thing ive learned is that if you have a group and you can offer other options to get them involved in you should. The more people interact with you the more apt they are to stick it out with you. In addition it creates multiple streams of income to fund all their businesses. I have a travel agent business as well as an individual travel voucher business. My teammates can get involved with all three of my programs and never lose a customer. It is my trifecta.

So if you are frustrated I hope something I posted helps and as always my door is always open so if you have a question contact me.

[​IMG]Adam[​IMG]

17. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hello To You Readers!

This just in .... leads for 10?? and a way to have the list "cleaned"
    for less than a nickel each --- makes for a happy person using
    leads.

Of course if you didn't have to call them at all --- that would even
    be better, wouldn't it?

If you know where to look .... there are some amazing tools to
    be found.

Resourcing and Outsourcing -- to key words to become familiar
    with if you want your business to really launch.

Give it a try!

18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

As a free service to all of those that are looking at Coastal Vacations and those that have been at it but are frustrated I have made it my goal to add as much info to this forum as possible. Not only will I continue to post in this thread but will be posting real solution to the problems many of us have in a thread called Adam's Advantage.

My tip for today in this post is to continue to read the great information many successful directors pour into these threads. In addition contact them and ask your questions. Be sure to be thoughtful of their time and effort but pick their brains. My door ( phone + email ) is always open to anyone that has questions. Ive made it my business to show as many people as possible how to minimize cost, maximize profits and free up that most important commodity...time.

See you on the threads and I look forward to talking with you all and then helping you succeed.

Adam Frederick
    Your Success Business Coach
    Teaching you how to minimize cost, maximize profits and free up time
    302 613 4632

19. closerjim

closerjim Active Member

Hello Readers!

If you are still "frustrated" with your Coastal business or if you're not
    in Coastal but frustrated because whatever you've tried in the past
    to make work ... DIDN'T ... then I hope you're reading this now.

First --- is the reason you're frustrated because:

1. YOU loved the product (Coastal or whatever you tried) -- but you
    couldn't convince or find anyone ELSE how great it is?

2. YOU believed "You could do it!" -- but everyone you talked with
    "thought about it" and decided THEY COULDN'T so they DIDN'T?

3. YOU saw all the money to be made -- but THEY didn't?

4. YOU understand there's MILLIONS AND MILLIONS AND MILLIONS
    of people "out there" who could and should do this (Coastal or name
    the last one you tried) ... BUT THEY AREN'T?

5. Now you find yourself running out of 1 or more of the THREE
    CRITICAL RESOURCES any business has that must be "replenished"
    or you GO OUT OF BUSINESS ... TIME - MONEY - EMOTIONAL FUEL
    to even want to stay going at it?

There is a cure --- and it's not that easy to find.

It involves MOVING OFFLINE with your marketing / delegating out
    the selling -- not because you CAN'T sell --- but because YOU are
    only ONE PERSON selling.

What if you had 2 or 3 or 5 people even selling for you and you still
    receive the full pay you would have alone?

What if you could reach OFFLINE to 80 people an HOUR ... for just
    a few pennys (literally) each ... and you didn't talk to a single one?

I don't know any other way to put this ... but the 'old school' methods
    will simply MAKE YOU OLD using them.

Food for thought ....

20. moneycash777

moneycash777 New Member

Great tip. thanks