Tips for the frustrated Coastal Reps

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Thank you Maria for mentioning to add my Coastal # to the certificate. I hadn't thought of it.

The Condo Vacation Resorts card I have has all this on the back, so go for it.

If any of this info is out of date, please someone update it for me.
    Thanks.

[Post edited - Admin]
  2. Judy

Judy New Member

I tried the sirewards site but couldn't get it working. Did you?
    The travelnow site is actually more expensive than Expedia in the resorts I looked at so hopefully Coastal is looking to get a better deal with them. When I called and mentioned it they said we don't answer any Coastal questions.
    I'm not sure if we should mention this info in here (phone numnbers and such)as it is more Coastal privileged and that's part of the reason we paid money to get these cards.
    Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Judy
  3. Lindy

Lindy New Member

Judy, you're certainly right about posting this info. It could be privileged. Moderator, you may delete that post if you like.

I understand that most of the travel companies ARE putting their specials on the Internet so as to drive business to themselves. All the more reason we need to be kept up to date on slacking vendors. Coastal should have a current update page for this information on our Back Office.[​IMG]
  4. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya Judy

I agree, if anyone needs help with websites, PMing is prob the best way (so long as we know they are in coastal)

[​IMG]

cheers
    maria
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey guy just as a quick note it might not be a good idea to post the quest number and any vendor websites as they are exclusive to members. Thats the strength of our package we are members. Id suggest emailing or PMing whoever has a question.

Adam
  6. garyd

garyd New Member

hi everyone,
    has anyone had any luck getting leads or sales thru my space or you tube? if so how did u know where they came from, besides them calling you or the sales center. is there a way to put a promo code ? what is the best way to get these sites notice?
    thanks garyd
  7. Because I redirect people from MYspace to my capture page Gary
    i am able to see where they came from and can also put them right into our system. I advertise in many different ways and as always I make myself available to show you a few. There are some courses I am putting together that will cover what I know and what Ive seen and used. You will have to join us. I will keep you posted on the dates of those classes but in the meantime feeli free to drop me a message and we can link up and talk.

To Your Success

Sean
  8. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Quoting: Lindy I'm sure I'm not the only one. Get rid of the cassettes and video and add a CD and/or DVD. Join the high tech revolution. This is 2007.

Quoting: ibiznizAl called back and basically said the same as Jay, that because Coastal ships out to many different countries, not to have the lower functioning VHS and cassette tapes in the package would be detrimental for those who do not own DVD players etc.
    He did say they were in the process of upgrading their materials.

You would think the people buying a lifetime membership with Coastal could afford a Cd and DVD player!
    my thoughts!

I am glad to hear their upgrading the package!

Cindy
  9. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Quoting: ibiznizAl called back and basically said the same as Jay, that because Coastal ships out to many different countries, not to have the lower functioning VHS and cassette tapes in the package would be detrimental for those who do not own DVD players etc.

Except that the vhs tapes don't work in every country. Europe uses different type of tapes. It would be best to put the info instead of tapes on cd's where they are the same worldwide.

Susan
  10. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Unfortunately, it is also the same with CDs and DVDs - different countries have different coding associated with their various players. That's why they have compatibility codes listed on the back of each device.

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Tonya,

When you can email me. I cant find your email or number and as I try to click on your website in your signature line the site wont come up for me. Lets talk soon.

Adam
  12. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Adam,

You're the second person to mention that the site doesn't pull up. It comes up fine for me when I click on it...hmmm.

I'll send you an email in a bit, I'm heading out right now.

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

To all of you frustrated Coastal reps out there I want to say to stay tuned in the next week about some newsbreaking things happening with groups in Coastal. I have gotten word of some changes and will update everyone as I can. As I have friends in many of the Coastal groups from time to time leaders give me info as well as ask my opinion on various topics. As details get confirmed I will make it my business to inform you all. I will say this will be a mindblowing announcement. So stay tuned.

Adam
  14. jenadj

jenadj New Member

Hi
  15. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Hi Jena,
    Welcome to the Coastal Forum

In here we all try to help each other out with updates, marketing strategies, general questions and so much more

Again welcome and feel free to join in our discussions[​IMG]

Cindy
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

If you are a frustrated Coastal director dont feel bad you are in great company. That means its time for a change in your business. Your first step is to look over your business and see if you can figure out why you arent having the success you want. Maybe you are advertising wrong. Perhaps you arent advertising enough. Some just havent learned how to close the deal. Well dont worry all it takes is a bit of tweaking and any Coastal business can soar.

First change your mindset. Just because it hasnt happened yet doesnt mean it wont happen for you. This system works. Everyone loves travel so you are in the right business. Just keep prospecting and it will work. I know this sounds so cliche but its the truth. If you talk to people about travel they will buy your package. Learn the industry become an expert. People pick up on that and you will see a rise in sales.

Come to forums like this and learn. There is a wealth of knowledge here use it. Pick our collective brains. Also give yourself a learning curve. Remember the better your knowledge the better the results.

Advertise , advertise, advertise. It works learn it well and do it.

Adam
  17. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Hello!

My friend just received an offer to sign up for a "coaching program" from one coastal director:
    "You want to know the cost? Here is it plain and simple.

$3000 to join my premier coaching program
    $5000 to join my platinum coaching program

These are my prices, very good prices, I think they are very fair.""

Are you guys think is worth it???? No package is included in that price...

lm
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Well what are the things they offer in the programs. 5k is alot if its not practical training. For 5k I bet you could create your own marketing as well as websites and capture pages. Id really like to see what they offer in their class as I do coaching myself and charge nothing close to that. My rates are about $100 a session. I try to make it affordable for everyone. Id love to see again what they offer. Maybe I need to raise my rates.

Adam
  19. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

linkmetro-

Wow - that sounds pretty steep. Most good Coastal directors coach their team members for free. I would be interested in knowing what is so great about the premier package and what is even better with the platinum package! [​IMG] What concerns me is that someone indicates that unless you pay top dollar for coaching, you won't be successful. Personally, I would not pay that nor would I charge that for my team members.

Noreen
  20. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

My friend telling me that get in to Coastal would be extra. ???

It's about " ..how to make money with seminars and workshops
    promoting Coastal Vacations Travel Memberships..."

I think it' s a free country and if he find people who's paying him that much -- why not?? Shoot for that kind of money just go to college and get a degree and if you stupid enough not making any money w/coastal, you still can find a job...

lm