Tips for the frustrated Coastal Reps

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Jan 27, 2007.

1. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I have been a frustrated director. Early on in my business I was not getting the training I needed and I was just out there by myself floating along looking for the right was to do things.

I plugged into the official coastal trainings and this began to build a foundation. I went to my first coastal seminar in Orlando that the board of directors put on...and it really was the first REAL ground breaking for me.

I spent a few years with the Coastal Synergy Group. In the beginning it was a great group to be a part of ( and this is not personal - there are some great people over there), but I it's what I didn't know that really made a difference.

I didn't use the csg system as they suggest as I do have years of experience as an internet based network marketing professional and knew that many would not watch the movie presentation. I put together a system that allowed me to not have to chase people and to be able to only work with the serious people.

As I grew more and more successful I began to see issues with the way the CSG was growing and beginning to do things. I'd always stayed connected to the official coastal training and support, so I' simply made the decision to go back to the official coastal training and support systems.

If your not getting the results your looking for, it could be that you've chosen to partner with the wrong group? Are they keeping you informed about official tools, events and training?? Why are they keeping this from you???

If your frustrated, it could be that you've bought into a system that doesn't work. You could be spending too much on marketing. There are so, so many things that can keep your from your success.

Before you buy into some of the "stuff" being sold to help you have succes with Coastal, know that there is an underlying sales pitch taking place.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  2. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Its time to look at what you have learned about your Coastal Business and evaluate it. If you are frustrated then change something. Every system can be tweaked. There are some things in every system that need to be there but alot is up to you. You need to be open to change. If something isnt working scrap it. Stop following the crowd. Be unique. Learn to think a little out of the box.

If you are frustrated then change it as a frown is only a smile upside down.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  3. asebf

asebf New Member

j
    I am confused on your post - are you makeing statements - or asking questions?
  4. JenaV

JenaV New Member

Hi westfam11,

We adopt new members all the time. With the CWB, all you have to do is get your marketing system up and going. $59.95 a month - no setup fees. that's it, no strings attached. [​IMG]

So you are an Associate? Or are you a Director? Contact me through the new PM feature.[​IMG]
  5. JenaV

JenaV New Member

Quoting: rhondapQuoting: decker2006
    Here's the thing. Say you joined CSG level II and you owe your first two Level II sales to your director. Now you know a bit more and have seen a different group and maybe your director is not what you thought they were. Maybe now you want to go to the Official System. Well, the problem is that no matter where you are in Coastal, you still owe your first two sales to your director. So if you were advertising and promoting with COA, let's say you make a Level II sale. Well, that propsect will be passed up to your director (CSG) and not the system you showed them.

I don't understand that concept and here is why. You join "with" Director A they made $1000 commission minimum off of you. Now you owe them your first 2 sales as "training" sales IF they did not "train" you and/or help or assist you what do you owe them - they did make $1k or more off of you and at that point if I felt they were not giving me what I needed then why can't I move on if I had not at that point made ANY sales?????

Isn't that why the 2 sales passed up are called "training" sales?

That's like in MLM someone can buy the product from me as a retail purchase but sign up to do the business with someone else who will train and mentor them.

JMO.

Wow that is confusing...

With the CWB - You owe only the 2 sales of entry to get the Director's release.

Example: I came in at Platinum, I've kept all the sales & profits below that Level (Platinum). (I keep all L1&L2) The only two sales I pass up to my Director is Platinum. My Director has helped me with all of my sales. Whether or not she receives compensation from my sales; she is there 100%!

This compensation plan complies with the Official Board of Directors and it enable Associates like myself to Make Money NOW, NOT 2 sales from now!!!

That is why I came in at Platinum and have made over $30k in a year, working my Business VERY VERY Part-time (8-10 hours a week on average) Sometimes I don't do ANY new dials.

However, I'm available to my team members at ALL Times. The Team Success is Priority in my Business Foundation!

Hope this helps. Have a Blessed Weekend.

Hugs,
    Jena
  6. emmjay

emmjay New Member

I had started with Coastal last year and ended up leaving due to personal reasons.I do have one training sale completed but my director has left the CSG system in the meantime and has her own system which she uses with the CSG demo sites.I have looked at it and I don't really see the value in it.I am considering starting things back up either with the CSG or COA.I am leaning towards COA as their fees are $10 less per month and also only $15 start up not $99.Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with my situation.
  7. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi emmjay,

If I were you I would have a talk with my director. She may be able to suggest something that would work out for both of you since you already have one training sale out of the way.

But, since you asked, if I were in your position I think I would go with the COA sites. The COA sites cost less and then after you have five people signed up with their websites under you, your websites are free.

Talk to your director and let us know what you decide and how it all works out! Welcome to the forum and I wish you the best!

[​IMG]

Lora
  8. JenaV

JenaV New Member

Hi emmjay,

My advice would be to plug into the COA tele-center (minimum)

And shop around for a Marketing system you do see the value in.

jenav [​IMG]

Quoting: emmjayI had started with Coastal last year and ended up leaving due to personal reasons.I do have one training sale completed but my director has left the CSG system in the meantime and has her own system which she uses with the CSG demo sites.I have looked at it and I don't really see the value in it.I am considering starting things back up either with the CSG or COA.I am leaning towards COA as their fees are $10 less per month and also only $15 start up not $99.Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with my situation.
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Are you a frustrated Coastal distributor? Many are. You are not alone. This is a very easy business but can drive you batty. We see many that succeed right away and begin to question ourselves. Well here are some tips on getting over the frustration.

1- Stop comparing yourself to others.
    2- Change your mental attitude.
    3- Reevaluate your methods.
    4- Plan a complimentary vacation and get away if you can.
    5- Listen to testimonies and begin to use them when you talk to prospects

If you do that it will change your business dramatically. You will become the success you deserve. Look at this frustration as a learning experience. I once heard that stress is the gap between what we expect and what we are getting. If that gap is wide then take a deep breathe and change your thought process. Begin to enjoy this business again.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Frustration comes from the gap of what we expect and what we have. What do you expect from your Coastal Business? That is a huge question. Many expect clients to just fall from the sky. Now many will say hey im making the calls , im talking to people and im getting no results. Yes that can happen from time to time. Thats why it is important to make your business well rounded. Here are a few tips on how you should do your advertising so there is always a season for it to flourish.

1- Have enough leads to call by buying a certain amount every month

2- Learn to create leads by using referrals in your warm market

3- Create your own leads by use of free classified ads

4- If you dont have a landing page get one asap. Many people use them with great success. ( I even market ones for clients)

5- Put out articles and blogs

6- Join business forums and social networks

7- Give away vacations

8- Do fundraisers and charity events

9- Retail the product to businesses

These are some of the simple things you can do to supercharge your business. If you have questions you can contact me so I can guide you through them. I hope to talk soon and good luck in your Coastal business venture.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  11. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: emmjayDoes anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with my situation.

Emmjay,

I'd go with the Official System and Training. Getting the information right from the horse is one of the best things to do and there's no hidden agenda.

I've helped a bunch of former CSG folks make the change and should you have questions...give me a call and I'll help you out.

Jay NaPier
  12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

emmjay,
    Welcome back!Glad to have you in the forum...

Keep us posted on your success[​IMG]

~Viola
  13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Are you frustrated that your Coastal Business isnt going as planned? Many have been there. What can you do to change things around you ask? I say that you need to take a step back and get back to basics. Many of us get distracted by this new product or this new training or doing business this way. I will say Coastal has so many tools available that I have literally spent days just training on using tools. Many new people get training overload. So to alleviate that get back to basics.

How do you do that Adam you ask? Learn to open your mouth. How many people do you talk to in a day in your everyday chores. Well ask them where do they like to vacation. Then tell them a story. If leads are the lifeblood of our business then stories and testimonies are the oxygen. Its like E F Hutton (all of you older folks like me should remember their commercials). Their commercial went something like this..."When E F Hutton talks people listen". Well when I tell people I went to Disney for a week and stayed in a 5 bedroom house for $735 they listen as well.

If you are frustrated then get back to the basics of telling people about a great travel package you saw. Everyone loves travel and everyone loves to save money. So open your mouth and tell a story and watch the results. The greatest teacher of all time told parables (stories) all the time and people listened and still tell them to this day. So dont reinvent the wheel. Use a proven method. Someone once said to me there is nothing new under the sun it just gets dressed up different. So dont get frustrated at all. Just dress yourself up again and watch the results.

If you are looking at Coastal then get back to the person that showed you the opportunity. If you are brand new and need a director then look on this forum there are a bunch of us here. Im open to a conversation to see how serious you are about Coastal and secondly to see if we have a business fit.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
    302 476 2753
  14. MrsKatherine

MrsKatherine New Member

I'm just not sure about these vacation programs. I know myself that a few years ago when I was just like every other average 9-5 working person I had no use for a vacation package.

Picture a cigarette smoker on a raft in the middle on the ocean with a book of wet matches. Even though that person is craving a cigarette you could give them a pack or a carton it wouldn't matter if they couldn't light them.

Get a program that negotiates a paid vacation from the boss and you'll have a hit. I probably would have worked for the second paycheck anyways back then just so I could make ends meet.

Vacations packages are something everyone wants but few can actually use. I know you don't want to hear this but it's the way I feel. Your fulfilling dreams not reality. I would really like to know what percentage of the vacation benefits go unused.

It just seems like your targeting a limited audience and once supply meets demand there is no more growth.

My mind is not closed so I'm open to someone changing my opinion. Your comments are not only welcomed but desired.

Perhaps the retiring baby boomers are your market. Has anyone determined what their online habits are?
  15. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is fine perhaps you have no use for the vacations or can not imagine using them but there is so much anyone can do with a 3 day 2 night vacation...vacations don't always have to be a week or 2 weeks etc as most people on a 9-5 job thinks. How about taking a weekend getaway once per month? That is a reality with our package and at an affordable price.

Our market is not limited and it will always be growing.

JMO.
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Many people wonder if a travel package is a good deal. I can say for me it has been. Ive saved well over 10k using it. Not to mention I have unlimited cruises and taxes only vacations I can give away to family , to friends or even to grow my business. That is the beauty. Imagine using travel incentives to grow any business you are in. Imagine going to a car dealership and getting a cruise for buying a car from them. That would be a good deal. Well as business owners spend 10's of thousands of dollars on adverting imagine the saving they get by either buying or our level one package for $1295 with its unlimited taxes only vacations. What if they spent $3995 for our level II package with its unlimited Royal Caribbean and Carnival cruises? How about if they spent $11000 for our level III package with its unlimited all inclusive vacations. For a business owner this is a steal.

Oh I forgot to mention we make either $1000, $3200 or $9705 for our efforts in marketing these products. Now another point is this. How many times have you went to visit family and stayed in a small bedroom. Or maybe you didnt want the small bedroom as you wanted privacy and stayed in a hotel for a few days and spent $300. Why not get a condo that goes for $300 for a week. Hey even if you dont stay for a week the convenience is worth it.

And last but not least the travel industry is at about 7 trillion a year now and growing by about 20% a year. You can get involved and take advantage of the trend and make a fortune. Not to mention you will save. What is the saying its not what you make but what you save. I think Coastal is a good choice for a business as its a great product at a great price with great commission and we even have a great system to market it.

Hope that helps.

Adam Frederick
    302 476 2753
  17. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi MK,

I am a little surprised by your comment. Perhaps I misunderstood. I would venture to say that a HUGE amount of people take vacations. This includes regular Joe's with only 2 or 3 weeks vacation per year. Even someone on a tight budget could benefit from being a member of Coastal Vacations - maybe even more than someone who has a larger disposable income. Someone in that position can take a "dream" vacation they otherwise could not afford. I don't know if you have ever been to Orlando and the theme parks there, but those places are PACKED! Travel is one of the biggest industries on this planet. The market for this membership is staggering.

Even if you take just one vacation per year, wouldn't the savings be worth it? Don't forget, this is a lifetime membership, one time cost. You can also give vacations away to family and friends.

You asked how much of the vacation package goes unused. Well, the question should be how much did you save on that one vacation you took. Nobody could possibly use 100% of the benefits of the package. There is just not enough time!! You choose which vacations you want to take.

There are people who just don't have any money. That is a fact. But that is not your target audience anyway. There is a whole big wide world out there with all kinds of people and all kinds of interests.
  18. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: MrsKatherineI'm just not sure about these vacation programs. I know myself that a few years ago when I was just like every other average 9-5 working person I had no use for a vacation package.

Picture a cigarette smoker on a raft in the middle on the ocean with a book of wet matches. Even though that person is craving a cigarette you could give them a pack or a carton it wouldn't matter if they couldn't light them.

Get a program that negotiates a paid vacation from the boss and you'll have a hit. I probably would have worked for the second paycheck anyways back then just so I could make ends meet.

Vacations packages are something everyone wants but few can actually use. I know you don't want to hear this but it's the way I feel. Your fulfilling dreams not reality. I would really like to know what percentage of the vacation benefits go unused.

It just seems like your targeting a limited audience and once supply meets demand there is no more growth.

My mind is not closed so I'm open to someone changing my opinion. Your comments are not only welcomed but desired.

Perhaps the retiring baby boomers are your market. Has anyone determined what their online habits are?

I absolutely understand what you are saying! I thought the same way when I was first looking at this. I didn't think that this package could help us. We were trying to make ends meet and with two kids and crazy job changes taking place, I just couldn't see it being useful for us.

Luckily, my hubby did see it. And he had a very good point. The package really doesn't cost much. We had been to Disney a few months before I heard about Coastal and we spent $3,000 on a condo (we had saved for that for over 2 years). We loved Disney, so we knew we would be going back when things calmed down financially. The Disney trips alone made the package worth it to us.

Now, we didn't go out and start vacationing right away - there was no way that we could have at that time.

The very first time we used our package we saved about half of the Basic Membership price. My hubby got a new job and he had to go out of town for training. He had to stay in a hotel which wasn't covered by the company. So, we saved using the package, even though it wasn't for fun, but it still really helped.

Then you think about all that's in the package. You get discounts on so much! Then you think about the fact that the vacations can be given away. You will probably never have to buy another wedding gift again! I have people who give vacations to their family and friends for Christmas. One gives the in-laws a cruise every year.

Our lives look nothing like they did almost 2 1/2 years ago. The longer I am in Coastal, the more money we save, the more vacations we get to take. We went 4 times just this Summer! Before we were lucky to go once every two years. So, I don't think that we are just fulfilling dreams. Our dreams are becoming our reality - and that's pretty cool!
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

If you are a frustrated director in Coastal I think all you need to do is read back at the many post in this thread and see the most incredible everyday people making it happen using this business.

Quoting: PNL TravelOur lives look nothing like they did almost 2 1/2 years ago. The longer I am in Coastal, the more money we save, the more vacations we get to take. We went 4 times just this Summer! Before we were lucky to go once every two years. So, I don't think that we are just fulfilling dreams. Our dreams are becoming our reality - and that's pretty cool!

That quote has to be one of the most profound statements ive heard in a very long time. Lora my friend that was priceless. I hope that anyone looking at this forum can see that this business changes lives and by changing individual lives ultimately changes the entire world.

To all of you great directors keep up the great work.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
  20. JenaV

JenaV New Member

Good Morning or Afternoon depending where you are in the Time Zone! [​IMG]

Calling all frustrated Coastal distributors. I've posted that with the group I work with we Adopt Coastal HBB owners.

Let me give more details on this. I will be happy to work with and train abandoned Coastal associates without you having to re-invest. All you will need to do is pick up where you left off...

This could mean a couple of different things, depending on your situation.

Like start training again, or setting up your marketing system and plugging into the Team support and development calls again.

I hope this helps,

Jena
    Platinum Director
    888-831-7161
    [email protected]