To all You OWMers =)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by mountainmom5, Aug 14, 2009.

1. mountainmom5 Gold Member

To all you OWMers ( One Week Marketers [IMG] )

If you have campaigns out there with Squidoo and blogs that don't seem to be doing a whole lot, don't give up on them.

I did one several months ago on the cabin bear decor (using an affiliate company thru Commission Junction for the affiliate links) - I had built several Squidoo lenses using the One Week Plan, and then just left it as it just didn't seem to get much traffic, and then all at once for no apparent reason it started getting traffic through Google, and someone bought $700 worth of stuff thru the affiliate company and I made $35 ( that particular company only pays like 5%)...

Although that may not be a whole lot, I just wanted to share that for anyone that may be discouraged, as sometimes it just takes time.....and if it can happen once, it can happen again....[IMG]

Happy Marketing!
  2. sunflower New Member

I've had a similiar experience the past few weeks. I built my first OWM campaign using squidoo lenses and a blog several months ago as well. I began to believe that the product just wasn't going to convert. I pretty much let it rest and started working on other projects then, lo and behold, my lenses started getting a surge of traffic and I actually made my first sale. What a pleasant surprise!
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am wondering if maybe some of the changes at Squidoo are starting to kick in for our benefit now.[IMG]

Although Jennifer at OWM said it has happened to her many times as well. It's just really sweet when it happens, isn't it... all that work paying off!
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

So in light of that - I want to go back and beef up all my lenses on anything related to stuff people may shop for, for the holidays. [IMG]

In fact NOW would a great time to be setting campaigns out FOR the holidays....man, I need more hours in my day.
  5. Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: I made $35
    Hi M5,

Big congrats - I know that feels good!

I've got some affiliate commission money due next month from my lenses as well.

The coop pay (Ad revenue sharing) isn't much any more with just four lenses that rarely get updated now. But it doesn't hurt anything either.

One was created for the Squidoo community and the other three were largely experimental.

mountainmom5: So in light of that - I want to go back and beef up all my lenses on anything related to stuff people may shop for, for the holidays.
    Good idea but you might just want to make new lenses so that you can use holiday URLs and holiday only products as well as holiday only writing. In short, they might be holiday-specific.

sunflower: my lenses started getting a surge of traffic and I actually made my first sale.
    Hi sunflower: Big congrats and keep up the good work :)

~Newbie Shield~
  6. johnjimat New Member

same to me. i was promoting my newest product about migraine. i just promote for 1 week and there just only one lead join my free course. So i decide to stop market this product for a while. but after a week when i check back, there are 20 lead joined my free course. Still wonder where they come from. I guess it come from jv giveaway for health fitness. Have to check back my AwStat [IMG]
  7. kencraw New Member

I just invested in OWM. I am glad to see the positive results you all are seeing with this. I plan on starting my first campaign on Monday. I'll keep ya'll posted
  8. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kencraw: I just invested in OWM. I am glad to see the positive results you all are seeing with this. I plan on starting my first campaign on Monday. I'll keep ya'll posted
    Way to go.[IMG]

Make sure to read the Conversation with Nick as you build your campaign.....it will make things much easier - or at least it did for me....

Definitely keep us posted.[IMG]
  9. kencraw New Member

mountainmom5: Make sure to read the Conversation with Nick as you build your campaign.....it will make things much easier - or at least it did for me....

Definitely keep us posted.
    I most certainly will keep you posted. Actually quite stoked about OWM. What I have seen seems very good. I have already started to work some of articles to make into Squidoo lenses. I feel like this is definatley something I will feel good about passing on to my subscribers
  10. kencraw New Member

Update... Just received my first sale from my first One Week Marketing campaign... and the I really didn't feel that my lenses were all that great
  11. mountainmom5 Gold Member

kencraw: Update... Just received my first sale from my first One Week Marketing campaign... and the I really didn't feel that my lenses were all that great
    YAAAHOOOOBBIII! We are dancing with you.[IMG]
  12. Newbie Shield Gold Member

kencraw: Just received my first sale from my first One Week Marketing campaign
    Hi kencraw - congrats!

~Newbie Shield~
  13. A8ch Gold Member

14. ZiggyZoo New Member

Now this is what you call residual income at its best, yes? [IMG]

Congrats guys!
  15. Jeff19711tampa New Member

I use Squidoo myself and have a few lenses. I will continue to use the site for sure after hearing this good news.
  16. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Jeff19711tampa: I use Squidoo myself and have a few lenses. I will continue to use the site for sure after hearing this good news.
    I LOVE Squidoo!! [IMG]
  17. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have not purchased OWM, but do many things online.

Most of my sales are when I am away, not working or thinking about it, or asleep.

Resistance or impatience plays a part here too.

I mean, do the work, build the link network, and let it ferment a little!

Just a thought....[IMG]
  18. mountainmom5 Gold Member

VictoriaNTC: Most of my sales are when I am away, not working or thinking about it, or asleep.

Resistance or impatience plays a part here too.

I mean, do the work, build the link network, and let it ferment a little!

Just a thought....
    Isn't it crazy how that works - plus I needed that reminder tonight - Thanks![IMG]
  19. robinincarolina Silver Member

I like one week marketing because it is so simple to understand. I can build a lens now in about 30 minutes. Once you have it really going, which I hope to do within the next year or so, just think, you can go on vacation and your business runs while you are gone. How cool is that?
  20. robinincarolina Silver Member

Have to come back and post this. Mountain mom is so correct about not giving up on your lens. I just checked my stats today and 2 of my lens seem to be getting a lot of organic traffic. They have just been sitting for months and I don't know the why's or hows, but it added up to 4 sales in the last few days. My blog is also increasing in traffic and all I did to it was add some content this week and ping.