To new Prospects looking into Coastal Vacations

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, May 31, 2007.

1. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

Hi Judy,

You must look around, search the internet and find something that works for you - something that you like to do....

As Tonya mentioned above, there are lots of places you can purchase leads from like CEM and their site is coastalleads1'dot'com, or some others include Responsive Data, mlmleads'dot'com, mlmleadgenie'dot'com, and their are many others...do your homework and don't spend too much on a lead....I was spending about $5/lead, now I only spend about $2-$3 per lead. These people will answer ads on places like monster, and career builder, and lots of other places about home businesses or coastal, and you will be sent their information....

You could try some other advertising methods that are pretty cheap like flyers, or classifieds (I find you will get a better response here if you use a local number instead of a 1-800)

What you don't have in money, you must be willing to make up in time...spend some time on forums and learn how others are marketing their business - and not only coastal....look around and learn!

Working on a budget is a good thing, and if someone wants you to pay for information go buy a book - you can't get ripped off with a book....that's how I see it anyway! Do your research, and set your budget - time and money, and work around that....then word of mouth - start telling people about this great package!

And as for advertising in the classifieds (free ones in canada) you can advertise the package retail because it isn't a money making deal, just a travel package!

Also use your package to advertise! Give away your vacations, tell people about the great deals, learn other peoples stories and share them with your prospects!

Hope this helps, can't wait to hear about your success!

Lindsay
  2. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Judy

email blasting does not work unless you really know what you are doing and you have purchased a responsive lead list from the onset.

I know people who have successfully worked many programs with responsible and responsive email marketing but they use surveyed leads.

Generally Iwould keep away from friends and family and fliers, they can be exhausting and you will gain little result.

I would concentrate on online advertising using social networking techniques and some paid advertising, I like ezine advertising, but I agree PPC can be very expensive if you do not know what you are doing.

Thank you for your call today, I will call you tomorrow early pm

You will find details of different advertising techniques on my website.

cheers
    maria
  3. Judy

Judy New Member

Thanks for all the great info everyone. I am so psyched about this new opportunity!
    If someone else is with WCYS can we input leads e-mails into our autoresponders? I know it said they would not call them unless they called in first but I really don't have the time to call them to qualify them and would rather have the auto responders do the work through e-mail info (that's how I joined).

Thanks for letting me know how to list on the free ad site, however because I am working with WCYS how can they buy the packages for travel without the bus. opportunity (paying the extra money for the call centre). Would I need to get hooked up to another coastal site as well?

Maria, you have so much info on your websites it could take me days to get through it all -it is nicely laid out though and easy to navigate -are any of the things in your website reproducible for someone way up here in Ontario?

Also, you had mentioned e-zine advertising. Do you need to write your own info that people would subscribe to or do you just get info from one of the Coastal sites that you can let people read? Not quite sure how that works.

Thanks everybody -I am soooo glad I found this forum -to surround myself with success, how can I fail?
    Judy
  4. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Judy

as far as leads are concerned

you can not place just willy nilly leads into your system (via the front page) that will be classified as spamming

spamming is sending anyone an email they have not requested.

As far as ezines are concerned....these are electronic publications that people subscribe to...so you can send out your ad to a captive audience spam free. I am not sure of the rest of your question, but you will need to have some ad copy for the ads, ask your director for the ads he/she has been using.

ezinemistress dot com has some excellent prices

yes everything on my website can be used by anyone anywhere in the world

hope this helps
    maria
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Judy,

I have solved my lead problem with Coastal very inexpensively and easily in the past few months. On tuesday June 12 @ 1pm est Al Romine the owner of Coastal Vacations will be on a call with his new partner Fun Time Vacations. That number is 402 756 9000 pincode 1025286# He will be talking about the new lead generation program available to Coastal Distributors. I now get 40,000 leads a month for $300. Also as I have new members join and do the same I make $100. So after 3 people I now have my leads for free and after that I make a residual income. Now I want to touch upon something that Jeff said earlier. Jeff has a large organization and has done well with various advertising methods. That is smart. Never put all of your eggs in one basket. Use all the tools out there. Give away vacatiosn to advertise. Place free and paid classifieds. I have many team mates in Canada and they have had some of the same issue you had with classifieds in Canada but heck the internet is called the "WORLD" wide web. So look at it that way. Place ads everywhere. Most of my team mates are not from my state and I didnt even meet them in person until we attended an event. So you can sponsor anyone from anywhere.

Adam Frederick
    Coastal Level III Director
  6. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Adam

that is great that you have all those leads per month, which service are you using to email the leads?

Many marketers on the internet are not trained in sending 40K leads every month and are worried about spamming and rightly so.

You can purchase leads from axis leads dot com 250K for $300, but unless you have a good emailing system and you know what you are doing, it would not be the way I would recommend marketing.

They say that the money is in the list, but it has to be a good and responsive list.

I am not trying to dampen your enthusiasm Adam, but personally these bulk autoresponder leads would not be the way I would go.

cheers
    maria
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Im sorry Maria I forgot to mention that the system comes with an auto-responder that automates the process for me. In addition their is a campaign system I can use in anyway I want. Say I have special I am advertising or maybe im doing a fundraiser and want to let people know the details, I can use the system to handle that. Now I know it sounds maybe a bit overwhelming but I would be more than willing to invite anyone to the opportunity call where all questions can be answered. I am actually Co-hosting that call this coming Thursday.

Adam Frederick
  8. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya Adam

have you had any spam complaints?

How many optins do you get to your main marketing site with one email mailing (assuming it's 40K)?

cheers
    maria
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I havent received one spam complaint as all the leads are biz opt seekers leads to start from. They are expecting to to emailed. I also get from 15 -25 opt ins a day. Thats has been great. 15 people waiting for info a day is great. When I saw this I started a few other campaigns with my coastal and inteletravel businesses as well. So now I have more people than I can handle that are opting in. Now I run my business differently than most. I offer 3 opportunities to anyone I talk to. The three are in travel and when I get them on the phone from our conversation I can see what might fit what they are looking for. I even offer them a free membership to my travel club. I offer a free newsletter where I market specials and access to my travel inventory. They get complimentary trips for referring others to my websites as well. It creates a nice buzz. Now for many of you guys that might be too much to do but again 15-25 opt -ins a day is real good. The system can also direct the leads to your presentation site if you have one. I used to pay 5-7 dollars for a movie lead. Here I have 40000 leads I can direct to my movie site. Now all arent going to go through the steps but if even 5% do thats a ton of movie leads to get for $300 a month. Its working well for me. Even better the residual is ever growing. I have a team of 31 in my first few months. My residual is getting close to the amount of a premier sale. Thats pretty awesome for a leads expense. Hope that helps.

Adam
  10. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Adam

that is great

I know that everyone is different, but the times I have strayed away from coastal, and promoted any other business, my coastal business has suffered.

Good that you are abe to do 3 businesses at once.

I prefer to do one thing and do it well...esp as I have a lot of members to look after.

maria
    mama hen
    [​IMG]
  11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Those are my thoughts exactly. I used to leave all my eggs in one basket. Lets take for instance today. I used to make alot of calls early saturday and get great results with Coastal. But thats before the summer time. In the summer no one is home saturday morning. Everyone is at the park with the family. Whether its the kids and sports or just to get out in the nice weather. Today a fair was going on in the park I go to. Now I kicked myself as I should have been on top of this one and did some advertising. How about a vacation to everyone attending. Or for the vendors to give away as a bonus for buying the stuff they sell. They had a fundraising booth as well. I could have used that to auction off vacations. Now if I had been home with just my coastal business trying to call people today id have had no success. Everyone was out. But if I had gotten involved with my community I could have sold a bunch of vacations, give a bunch away, advertised myself, raised money for charity only because I had a well rounded business. Now if we are looking out for our teams in the best possible way we have to be open to having them learn there is all to know. Its like kids. You can teach them as much as you know but hey have to learn a bit too and what might have been the best way before might now work right now. Everything has its season. So I figured a well rounded business prepared all my team mates for all the challenges. How to cuts expenses , how to save for a rainy day and more importantly understanding how best to market to our customers effectively.

Adam
  12. garyd

garyd New Member

hey everyone.i am new to coastal. i have placed multiple ads,voice blasts and purchased leads.i have 2 web pages and i have a great director who has helped me so much. i am a salesperson by nature, and have called all my leads with the scripts i was taught to use. i just cant seem to close anyone. i use the wcys system and still no luck. i will never give up. i do this full time, but i am running out of $ and hope. i truly believe in this business and love to travel as well.is there anyone who can give me any suggestions to be successful. i want one day to tell my sucess story and help others the way my director has helped me.
  13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Gary,
    You made a good choice with the call center! The best advice is first, NEVER GIVE UP. You seem to have that one so the next thing is to listen to the recorded trainings in the back office. There is TONS of info there that will fine tune your advertising efforts. Since you are doing Coastal fulltime you could also try some retail sales to local businesses. You have lots of options with your Coastal Package so don't be worried. Things will happen.
  14. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Gary,

Take a step back and breathe![​IMG]

Then, relax for a bit and allow yourself to not think about Coastal for a day or so. You'll be amazed how many new ideas can flow your way by doing that...

But, from reading your post, it seems that you are focused exclusively on the biz opp, correct? How about another approach?

Here is my suggestion, if you're a natural at selling, give this a try: Take some business cards and retail brochures to the auto dealers in your area.

If you don't have any cards or brochures, try investing in the StreetSmart CEO package (there's a link around here somewhere) which has plenty for you to print - along with scripts, etc.

You can call first, and try to set an appointment, or you can go right in with the materials to introduce yourself and set an appointment that way. Be sure to dress professionally and put your best face forward.

Businesses in general have higher funds to invest and always have a need for advertising, so promoting your Coastal package this way should give you another chance at success.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  15. cgmom

cgmom Member

Hey Gary!

First, Tonya and Harold are so right; step away from the computer and Coastal for a day or two. That is some great advice they have given you. Sounds like you need a break and will be ready to go once you have done this.

My second piece of advice, which I know some people are going to disagree with me on, but ditch the script!! I am actually a sales person, too (had been for four years prior to Coastal) and was using scripts in the beginning, as well. I am not with one of the call centers; I am with Coastal Families Worldwide, and my director told me after I made a few calls to lose the script and just be myself. It's magic! It is so much easier to connect with people when you are not using a script.You are able to listen and not think about the next thing you are going to say. Just enjoy talking to them and answer their questions. The thing I like about Coastal is that it isn't sales and it helps to lose that "sales" mindset, as well. Just my two cents.

I wish you much success!

Nikki Carter
  16. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I would agree with that. I never really used a script but I did jot down some notes that kind of directed the overall conversation but the key is creating some kind of similarity with the person you are talking to at the moment.
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

There have been some great post to your question Gary and to be honest that is what this forum is about. I wont repeat any of the great ideas ive seen stated already but id say what has worked alot for myself has been giving away vacations. I think of it this way. One of my favorite places to shop is Costco. They are always giving away free food samples. I do the same business principle in Coastal. I give away ( advertising ) vacations to people. I tell them to tell their friends and family and tell them if they tell "x" amount of people ill give them more. I always pick key people. People that can get the word out to the masses. After awhile people will be calling you and a natural salesman can always handle incoming calls. Its those outgoing calls that get hard from time to time. So try that out. I love telling new people that as well because they can say they are giving away incentives to promote their new business venture. Gets the convo flowing. Also lets you be able to give a card and say something like its really new and there is alot of info on it out. Go check out my website it explains it all. Now of course you still have to have a standard answer for when people ask you what you do but you can work on that with your director. This is just a way to get people to your website and advertise your website. Try it and see if it works.

Adam Frederick
    Business Coach
  18. garyd

garyd New Member

Thanks everyone for your support.I will use all of it. this forum is the kick in the you know what i needed.as far as the scripts go. i dont just sit there and read them. i hate that. i can tell right away when someone is reading one to me and i tell them to just stop and talk normally. i use it as a guide to follow because i am new. once i have the rap down in my head i am fine.maybe im just an impatient new yorker. i will ride out the storm.i am going to go back to just concentrating on one method. placing news ads to generate some cash flow so i can try other methods.advice for those who have ppc on goggle adwords.i went into our back office as per hsimpsonjr suggested(thanks)and went to ppc goggle adwords and downloaded the free info on ppc.i changed one or two words around as they suggested and my clicks on my site nearly trippled in 1 day. amazing. and my cost per click went down to almost free as they said it would. but no sales.but more exposure.i will see how it goes.thanks again for your support
    garyd
  19. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Gary,
    Keep in mind that Coastal is a fairly large investment for most people. It shouldn't be an impulse buy because if it is the chances of the person being disappointed with the package or the business is MUCH greater. Immediate or impulse buys are usually made by people who are very emotional and don't think through what they are about to do. It should take some time for a person to research the package and the business before they sign up and that means you might not make 10 sales your first month. You might not make any sales your first month but you are filling up the sales funnel with prospects and as that funnel weeds out the tirekickers, the real prospects will come out of the funnel well informed and ready to get started. Don't be discouraged, just be delligent. (did I spell that right?)
  20. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

All of these 3 businesses are in travel so its really easy. It actually in my opinion makes it easier. What if a client just wants one trip and is willing to spend $500 for it but doesnt want a package for $1295 if you just offer Coastal you leave money on the table. This client is still going to go on vacation anyway just not with your product if you dont have options. The leads I receive from one of the businesses and the vacation vouchers I also use as incentives to get someone to look at my site. I know on The COA nework the VM says that when you call the director back they are going to give the person a complimentary vacation so the practice is widely used. Why not get a commission when you give the person the vacation. That makes sense. Now the commission may only be $20 but if you are putting 5 people a day in your pipeline as they teach in the CSG that 5 becomes $100 dollars a day. Thats a nice extra stream of income for the week. In addition the client gets a great vacation and will always think of you for their travel needs. I could see if I focus on a variety of other opportunities then there might be a conflict ( actually I do business coaching for all types of business as well ) and it might for some make them loss focus on their goals. But in this case when all of the businesses are in travel it fits. The Coastal package I say is for the savvy traveler that spends more that $1295 a year they definitely see the value in the package. The vacation voucher and leads business I have is for the traveler looking for one good deal. And finally for the traveler that just wants to book on a website right now I have my travel agent program. I have something for everyone. I hope this helps some of you out.

Adam