To new Prospects looking into Coastal Vacations

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, May 31, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

To really call a spade a spade I appreciate comments that come from someone like Bolade. We live in the real world and in the real world there are 3 sides to every story. Your side, their side and the truth usually somewhere in the middle. The Coastal package is not perfect. I tell people that all the time. But lets look at the pro's for most trips for the rest of your life you will be able to travel for a discount. Thats a good deal. Will there be black out dates? Of course. All travel is based on availability. The only reason we have a Coastal package is that the vendors do have vacancies from time to time. If they didnt they wouldnt need to offer discounts. This is a business and its about making money. I think from time to time we are looking for the pie in the sky. I would much rather have a prospect get the real deal from the start. The good , the bad and the ugly.

If you are a prospect looking at Coastal understand like any business there are ups and downs to this business. It has its pro's and cons. Its just like life. Id rather tell you this up front so you can prepare yourself. Knowledge is power. I hate when a new teammate comes back and says hey this business is work. Or course its work. What did you expect?

I encourage you to keep an open mind when you look at this forum. Get all the info so you are informed and can make a wise decision. My wie and I have run our business for 2 years and am always open to anyone looking for the real deal about Coastal. You can contact us via the contact info in our signature line.

Adam
  2. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Bolade

Coastal is no different than how the real world books travel.

It is always BASED ON AVAILABILITY.

If it is availabe, we get it, if not, its like real travel, things get booked early and are not available anymore.

Book early so you can catch the peak seasons.

I personally don't like 20% of the package myself, but the 80% I love and I have learned to use the package to conform to the way my family likes to travel and enjoy discounts.

Just today... A friend and I got buy one get one free Atlanta Braves tickets and I got to watch them beat up the world champs for a big discount, all by using the Coastal membership, it saves money not in jus travel but MANY other things too. (like baseball tickets)

(I am visiting a biz partner in Atlanta, live in Minnesota)

If people have questions about package useage, go to the BOD calls on Thurs or some of their other trainings on using and booking.

Ask your director for help.

In the last 3 years, I have saved well over $20,000 in travel because I learned to use my package, and ......... I USED MY PACKAGE.

Jeff
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: Mom of 3I am doing my homework in becoming a new coastal Rep and found some good information on here. I am curious though this post on July 19 by Bolade kind of concerns me. I want to sell product that is good I do not want people to purchase a package and be unhappy because they want to travel in the summer but they cannot book anything. Has anyone else run into this problem?. I am very scared about investing so much money into this business and not having it work for me or at least make my money back. My husband does not know yet about me looking into this business. I have done business's in the past so he does not like these homebased business at all. The cost to get started is definatly not going to help when it comes time to share with my husband about this. I am just praying that god will give me direction in all this. God Bless all of you in your journey .

Hello Mom,

Bolade's post is what we call SPAM and the intent of the post is to market his own business.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: decker2006I have found that black out dates are not a big deal. Even airlines have blackout dates for cheaper fares so I think the savvy traveller has learned to get around these restrictions. Not everyone NEEDS to travel during the typical blackout dates. You are making much too big a deal out of blackout dates considering they are a tiny fraction of the entire year. This is all fully disclosed anyway so you are not telling any coastal "secrets". My team also offers an entry level package where blackout dates do not apply. So we have all bases covered for those concerned about blackout dates.

I have a bit of a confession: I'm a LAST MINUTE traveler. MOST of the time I wait until a week before I want to go somewhere and go. It really doesn't matter as we work with over 60 companies and I still get AWSOME results.

Jay NaPier

P.S. - I'll be planning in the next few months for next year...well, that is my intent.
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: jnapierP.S. - I'll be planning in the next few months for next year...well, that is my intent.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] let us know how that works out for you Jay.

Rhonda
  6. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hey Mom of 3,

When I did my research about Coastal Vacations, I made darn sure that the underlying product was a legitimate deal with proof of value. This was NOT a compromise for me. I HAD to know that I could talk confidently about my product BEFORE even considering it as a business. I took a few months of research and comparison shopping. All things considered, Coastal had what I was looking for. This obviously has proven to be the case or else I would not be in this forum right now. I believed in the Coastal membership first before considering it as a business. I could confidently say that the worst case scenario is that I end up with a lifetime travel membership.

So once I got that out of the way, I had to find a comfortable fit to market my business. I talked with a few directors about business philosophies, but the one that made the most sense to me and my lifestyle was the Call Center. I also interviewed a few directors before finding one that I clicked with. You should do the same.

If you are serious about Coastal, you need to find your rock solid proof about the membership. There are plenty of resources on the net and it may take some time to research. I can point you to some incredibly helpful sites to make things easier for you. Send me an email that you are interested. It may be easier than just surfing around.

Noreen
  7. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

If you are a prospect looking at Coastal and reading many of the post you are probably saying what is going on with all the bickering? It doesnt reflect on the great package we have but it does reflect on the people we have in the various groups. There are many different ways to run this business and many people pick the various methods. There are Call centers and a wide range of groups. Id say pick wisely. I didnt in the beginning and made a big mistake picking a group. Id say due your due diligence and make an educated decision.

If you need to talk about it you can contact me directly by clicking on my name and getting all of my contact info.

Adam
  8. Lindy

Lindy New Member

For Mom of Three,

I am a new coastal rep and looked into the packages before buying one. Since then I, I have learned a little bit more about what they really are about, and can answer some of your concerns if you will write me below.
  9. Ok So Youve Researched the Package and made you decision to get started.
    Now is the time to find the right director to get you set up quickly and geared for success.
    I suggest you ask yourself this question.
    Do I want a director who shares and educates OR Scares and Dictates? Its your business, and your decision. I encourage you to choose wisely.
    Just a thought

Sean

Aviva Steele & Sean Keely
    Level 3 Directors CV
    FTV SE Distributors
    Expect Your Success Marketing

PS If we can lend a hand to you in your research we would happy to
  10. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

How about that??

Even from the Pentagon want to join me??
    host-1xx-xxx-xxx-.ptr.hqda.pentagon.mil ALEXANDRIA

Pentagon doesn't pay well huh? Fine with me. CB-United all the way!

lm
  11. stacie

stacie New Member

Hello,

I have done my research and at the end of the this month I too will be a part of the Coastal Team...For all of you who are skeptical...do as I did, do your research. Coastal has been home based for 11 years, I found two negative comments....WOW! in 11 years and with the wide span power of the internet if this was a sham there would be tones of information. I can't wait to dish out my money and get started....for those of you who feel its crazy to pay to work....THIS IS YOUR OWN BUSINESS...and you can start with as little as $1300.00. Even if it turns out its not your cup of tea....you got all those travel packages...Believe me its my Pot of tea never mind the cup...I am so happy to of stumbled upon my director's site...because that's exactly what I did. I can't wait to get started to spread the joy of Coastal everywhere !!!

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond to all of our questions!!!

Stacie
  12. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Welcome to Coastal Stacie!

Your post has me excited and I have been in Coastal for over 2 years!

Congratulations and keep us posted! [​IMG]

Lora
  13. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Welcome, Stacie!

Dawn [​IMG]
  14. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Welcome Stacie, wishing you the best of success!

Susan
  15. donnasue316

donnasue316 New Member

I just started out with Coastal not long ago and working on getting my qualified sales. I would love to hear from those that have been qualified already and what they did to do this. I feel my calls have been okay. Basically I try to point people in the direction of my website because it gives the info there and then call them back after they view it to see if they have any questions. Because of my newness the 2nd call is generally a 3 way with me, the person interested and my director since she knows more about the business than I do. Once I get my 2 qualified sales then I probably will not have to do the 3 ways. Any suggestions on talking to people? Thanks.
  16. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Welcome Stacie!!!

Rhonda
  17. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Welcome Stacie

I have been with coastal 6 years full time now, and I am not the only one with such a long history with Coastal Vacations.

If you work your coastal vacations business as a real home business and not a hobby and make a goal to do a certain amount of tasks promoting your site 5 days a week, you will reap the rewards.

Those who do well with coastal spend at least 3 hrs per day promoting their websites or working on their business. Less than that I am afraid will affect your bottom line.

Yes, you can pay for phone blasts, outsource your day to day workings, but when a new member first starts, I feel that 3hrs is a good amount of time to spend on coastal.

Where there is a will and a dream and a desire to succeed, coastal is the way.

Stacie I hope you will look back 6 yrs from now and think that joining coastal was the best decision you ever made, like many of us do [​IMG]

cheers
    maria
  18. WesKate

WesKate New Member

Hi. I m new to this whole site. I had stumbled on it before but lost it. I have been on the search again for a legit at home business. Been disheartened too many times by scams. Got my hopes up & then did research only to find its a scam. I work 3rd & 2nd shift at a conveniece store while my husband puts in longs hours as a carsalesman. He just started this month after a 2 month unwanted vaction from his previous job. So we are behind in rent but finally caught up with everything else. We still have debt but our monthly payments are caught up I should say. So we are going to move in with my parents for a month or 2 till we can pay off our rent we owe & save a security deposit for a cheaper apartment. I read up a little on CV saw the presentation but still a little cautious. It will be hard to come up with 1300 to start this. Probably several months if I'm lucky. I really don't think another loan would be a good idea. With the 3 hours a day did it pay off to make up what you put in? Did you get help & training on what to do? Just some concerns I have. I'm scared of jumping & getting pulled under rather than floating & being relieved that finally something that is real. Help!!
  19. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Hi WesKate,

First of all, Coastal IS real. If you join with any director on these boards, you will certainly get all the help and training you need. Also check out officialcoastaltraining dot com and you will see this is a serious business with extensive training.

You said your husband is a carsalesman. He can use Coastal vacations as an incentive for buyers. There is all kinds of training on how to use vacation incentives.

You are the only one that can make the decision if Coastal is right for you. Check out everyone's links and really study the business and the memberships and feel free to ask questions.

Noreen
  20. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: donnasue316I just started out with Coastal not long ago and working on getting my qualified sales. I would love to hear from those that have been qualified already and what they did to do this. I feel my calls have been okay. Basically I try to point people in the direction of my website because it gives the info there and then call them back after they view it to see if they have any questions. Because of my newness the 2nd call is generally a 3 way with me, the person interested and my director since she knows more about the business than I do. Once I get my 2 qualified sales then I probably will not have to do the 3 ways. Any suggestions on talking to people? Thanks.

Hi DonnaSue,

My suggestion is to just be yourself! Let your natural personallity shine through with everyone that you talk to.

What group are you with? Have you talked to your director about your questions? I ask because many groups/directors have team calls. Or members only calls. There you should be able to ask your questions and get answers from successful people who are doing the same thing that you are doing.

Feel free to ask all of the questions that you want here! Just remember to stay plugged in to whatever system you are using and be yourself! I promise, it gets easier with time and practice!

Lora