To new Prospects looking into Coastal Vacations

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, May 31, 2007.

1. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: WesKateHi. I m new to this whole site. I had stumbled on it before but lost it. I have been on the search again for a legit at home business. Been disheartened too many times by scams. Got my hopes up & then did research only to find its a scam. I work 3rd & 2nd shift at a conveniece store while my husband puts in longs hours as a carsalesman. He just started this month after a 2 month unwanted vaction from his previous job. So we are behind in rent but finally caught up with everything else. We still have debt but our monthly payments are caught up I should say. So we are going to move in with my parents for a month or 2 till we can pay off our rent we owe & save a security deposit for a cheaper apartment. I read up a little on CV saw the presentation but still a little cautious. It will be hard to come up with 1300 to start this. Probably several months if I'm lucky. I really don't think another loan would be a good idea. With the 3 hours a day did it pay off to make up what you put in? Did you get help & training on what to do? Just some concerns I have. I'm scared of jumping & getting pulled under rather than floating & being relieved that finally something that is real. Help!!

Hi WesKate!

I think we have all been in your shoes at one time or another! We all had the same concerns that you do, simply because it really does sound too good to be true.

Coastal is real. Coastal has changed my life - literally. The travel packages are awesome and this is truly a solid opportunity. We have been aroung for too long to be anything less.

Get on the live Q&A calls and ask questions. If you don't have any questions, just listen! Someone else is sure to ask a question that you may have never even thought of.

I am part of the Coastal WealthBuilders group. Yes, there is training! I get personal one on one training from my director and I also get team training. I can go back to the training as many times as I like. I have been in this business for over two years and I still go back to the training!

There is work involved, this is not some get rich quick thing, but it truly is real [​IMG]

You are doing exactly the right thing, asking questions. Keep on asking questions and do lots of research. Find someone that you feel comfortable with and get your training going!

I would be happy to answer any other questions that you have!

I hope this helps!

Lora
  2. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Donnasue,

The best advice I can give you about talking to people is this. Act like its a friend you are telling about a great sale. If you have a lady friend and you both like designer bags and they were on sale half price at the mall you could tell them about the sale right? How about if you had tickets to the Super Bowl 1/2 price and had to tell a guy. It be easy right. The reason is you have something good to tell them. For use of the best word you have the gospel or good news to tell them. So when you call a prospect you tell them that you came across an amazing product and business opportunity. You have had an overwhelming response and would love for them to take a look at your website. If they like it you guys can get together later and go over their questions. Its that simple.

I teach this to everyone I train. It takes the fear out of being on the phone. I hope that helps.

Adam + April Frederick
    The A-Team
    Coastal Level III Directors
  3. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Donnasue

when I first started with coastal, I was just about as nervous as a person could be.

What I did was to get an inexpensive voice recorder (you can get some some pretty nifty digital recorders for about $30 on overstock dot com) and I recorded myself making fake presentation calls, follow up calls etc. On the calls I would ask myself questions like, is this a scam, how much does it cost, what kind of support will I get, is this a pyramid?....you know the usual questions we hear....

Believe me, you will be your own worst critic, when you listen to your presentations and with time you will perfect your calls and responses faster than in any other method I have found.

Hope this helps
    maria
    Level 3
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey guys,

Not sure if many of you know or not but in addition to my Coastal business I have started my own marketing firm to market myself. To advertise my work I am offering all of you a totally free capture page. What is a capture page? Its a one page mini website that catches a prospects eyes and them allow them to input there info to get more information. If you have ever used the various lead providers like CEM or Responsive Date they use the same thing to find us leads. This page will be a basic Coastal Vacations page. Noting to make it CWB, COA, CSG or even WCYS. Just a page with the place for capture info. Why am I doing this. Well id like to see how well the pages work for everyone. Its my gift to you all. Normal hosting of a page can cost up to $20 a month so they fact im doing it free is a bargain. Lets talk soon. You all can reach me by IM by clicking on my name or by the info in my signature line. Lets promote Coastal big time. The more people that knwo about it the easier it is to close deals.

Adam
  5. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya

great Adam, that is kind of you.

Just my 2 cents worth, but In my experience it is best to host your own capture page. This way you will have complete control over it.

The owners of capture pages have control over you and even your databases.

The search engines are also not fond of replicated sites.

The advice I give is to host your own, and if need be get a free autorepsonder as well if money is the issue.

You get what you pay for but if you do a search for free webhosting you will find lots of options.

Not trying to take away from you Adam, but creating a webpage is quite easy.

If anyone wants free templates, just email me

cheers
    maria
    level 3 director
  6. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I appreciate you input Maria but again I am giving something for free. As I do web design I will be setting up all the pages so that the info gets directed right to the person that has the page into their email. I wont have anything to do with their databases at all. Yes I will be hosting the pages but this is a trial offer for 2 months so after that time people can make their own or buy pages from you , from me or any of the other vendors out there. This is an educational campaign that im doing. In the forum everyone doesnt share exactly how they are making Coastal work so I plan to change that mold. Im giving everyone a FREE working model of one of the ways ive making money in Coastal. If they want it they can have it if not they just pass.

I appreciate your response but it seems like you are knocking a good thing people will have for free. They can use it or not. If they like my work they can ask me for more stuff. Thats how business runs.

So to clear up a few points here is the deal again:

1- A FREE I repeat FREE designed capture page with no hosting cost for two months.

2- The capture info doesnt come to me at all but rather to whatever email you set up.

3- After pressing submit the prospect is directed to your website.

Take it and use it or not its up to you. I am on the networking forum RYZE and have gotten 8 responses to a capture page I put up 3 days ago. It was a simple page for Inteletravel. It was free to post and will make me money. So a free page you post anywhere and advertise yourself.

I hope this helps you all as I continue to bring needed free information to the forum.

As Maria did say making a website is easy if you know how or are willing to take the time to learn. If you dont want to them contact someone like Maria or myself as we both have spent time learning the ropes so we can help others.

p.s. Hey maria id love some of the free templates if you have them.

Adam
  7. tsdm0302

tsdm0302 New Member

I just joined Coast at Level 3 and I wish I had started out at a lower level because I have been reading a lot about people not being very successful at it. Now I am afraid if I maxed out my credit card and don't do well then I will really be in a fix. I have not started training on it or anything but am already having cold feet.
  8. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Hey Adam,

Like Maria said that's not that hard to put up a web page... I give my team members free splash pages/door pages. We also provide free website to, but you know what they need?? I hope you know.....When somebody start w/Coastal they need LEADS!

LEADS, LEADS, LEADS! Only my group who's provide FREE LEADS.

lm
  9. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Sorry Adam

I hope I did not upset you.

My biggest issue with free websites esp. splash pages is that people tend to spam them. So here you are working hard on advertising your sites ethically, when some other member spams the entire gloabal database and the host gets shut down....

Bad for the person who is providing the free sites (may end up having to pay a hefty fine) but also all the members using the sites are now without one...

That is why hosting your own site makes the best business sense.

Adam I will also be adding templates to the tools link on my website with instructions, just give me a couple of days to get that up.

LinkMetro, you are right, people need leads or advertising so they can generate their own leads....I have provided free leads for 6 yrs to my team members....or advertising done on their behalf....

Providing the best start possible for your new members is key

hope this helps

maria porter
    level 3 director
  10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Upset no not at all just wondering why it took me to offer a free service for all of this great information to come out about advertising. Ive been asking for ideas since ive been in the forum and am glad I was able to speed the process up. I love when we all share how we have been successful. For a new person starting their business today think of what an asset that is. It took me two years of hard work to learn what ive learned about Coastal and advertising. I wish someone had shared this info with me when I started. So Maria and linkmetro please continue to share your knowledge about advertising as well as web design. I know many can really benefit from it.

Adam
  11. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Maria,

lol, you have free websites...But no, not on free server. That is two different things.

Ok, just wanted to make sure that is NO misunderstanding we provide free content on new member's own domain. We set up website and upload this to they OWN server. That way they have a control over it always.

I hope that's clear this out. It's work much better then redirecting to domain to a 'capture' page that a whole group use...(what, 50-60 people...)

Splash or capture pages serve the same...different in the set up... (Adam, I hope you taking notes, lol)

lm
  12. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I agree leads and/or advertising to generate leads is a great thing to offer your new team members to help get them started but I have seen too many people give old beat up leads to their new people and wonder why they quit. ( I am not speaking about people I know of in Coastal doing that )

Rhonda
  13. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hiya Linkmetro

we offer free business and retails sites but not splash pages (it was the splash pages that were being spammed and on 2 occassions closed down everyones websites)....so you see I write from experience.

But that is the most ideal way, setting up websites on an individuals server. Once you have the main files they are easily uploaded to another server.

And Rhonda, you are so right, who wants thousands of old battered up leads? What everyone needs are fresh leads that have not been shared with others in coastal. Personally I think that advertising and generating your own leads should be what everyone should aim for, but that does take more effort and skill in the short term.

Hope this helps
    maria
  14. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Maria,

maybe if inexperienced or untrained people doing it[​IMG]) I don't recommend this to JUST anybody...

...Sorry to hear but I /we have nothing to do with it. Also for splash page?? Maybe for spamming but not for using splash pages. If it's done correctly it can do wonders for you.

Ouch..... I have 14 sites up...

Quoting: linkmetroPersonally I think that advertising and generating your own leads should be what everyone should aim for, but that does take more effort and skill in the short term. That's easier said than done especially for a newcomer...Beside that need money to left over for advertise. 80% of don't have money left, they stuck with 3-4 websites, and ebooks and CD's...You know usual L3 Director's pitch. You need this and that.

Don't worry our leads, we don't share it with nobody. Yep and they just work fine. As for the website we provide the source code on CD.

lm
  15. stacie

stacie New Member

Lori,

Thank you and everyone else for the warm welcome....I am so exicted about this opportunity...I will keep you all posted!!
  16. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Im so glad this conversation is going the way it is. The way I see it everyone needs to be educated on all of the various ways of advertising. My capture pages have been paying big dividends for me and my team. For a low price they have been able to truly advertise themselves to a wide range of people. As for the spamming issue I dont have a problem as I teach my team to advertise their pages in their signature lines as well as forums like this and other business forums. They arent just spamming anyone in emails or the like. This has worked well for me. So if you would like to learn what im doing you can contact me.

Adam

P.S. Everyone that has contacted me about the free page ill be in touch in the upcoming days.
  17. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hey Adam...just wanted to tell you that your site appears to be down....

One tip from me is to monitor your website traffic by downloading the Alexa toolbar from alexa dot com

Google updates your website ranking every Monday. The toolbar is a good way to monitor how your traffic and page ranking compares to other sites.

Hope this helps
    maria
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Thanks Maria,

I just had to update my signature line. I saw something about it in another post I read so all of you be sure to update your profiles. As I updated my I see the signature line had my stuff in it now. Thanks again Maria.

Adam
  19. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Thanks Adam

Cheers
    Maria
  20. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Adam,

I got your phone message. I will be calling you back soon.

Rhonda