To the experienced CV folks. What does the average new person ...

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by asebf, Oct 26, 2007.

1. asebf

asebf New Member

What does the average new person expect to happen with CV? Are they coming in hot and heavy full time? Are they starting part time - if so - what are they expecting to make per month? How many hours are they commiting to work? What do they expect to spend in advertising?

I know this is a very general question. But the folks who have been doing this a while should know what Joe or Shirley Average who just spent some bucks to join CV expects to happen.

Are they in reality looking at making 500/month right away? 1000? 5000? Why did the make the decision to buy in? What are they expectiong?

Thanks

Bob
  2. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Bob

I have been with coastal full time for 6 years and so far have not come across a mr or ms. average.

I have people who dive in full time and expect to replace their incomes rapidly, others do it on a part time basis and are happy to make a sale a month.

What the director should do is to gear the training towards what the new member is familiar with and confortable with doing.

Where I may be different is that I take away the emphasis on purchasing leads, but instead generating them yourself.

I am yet to find a good lead source which converts on a regular basis. Look at the coastal directors who are doing well in coastal, they are not purchasing leads for themselves.....you will however find them on the forums, doing PPC, writing press releases and articles and blogs.....

I have not purchased a lead for my own use in 5 years (I purchase leads and have given them away, mostly for training purposes). Honestly, if a director tells you to start writing a list of your warm market, run away....

But I digress.....no average Joes on my team sorry....

Hope this helps
    Maria
  3. victorious

victorious New Member

Hi Bob,

Your questions are very valid, and the best response that I have for you is that it depends.

See, with Coastal each person is their own business owner who has the ability to get travel packages of amazing value at wholesale prices and retail them for a minimum commission of $1,000 on each and every sale.

What happens is that every person that comes into Coastal or any other business opportunity comes with a set of previous commitments and responsibilities that are different from everyone else.

This is why some people start part time and some full time, not to mention the many ways that these amazing travel packages can be marketed.

So, me reply would be that the average Joe CAN make money with Coastal no matter what the circumstances are as long as he dedicates some time and effort to it depending on his possibilities.
  4. asebf

asebf New Member

Does anyone have a more defined answer to the original question?Quoting: asebf
    What does the average new person expect to happen with CV?
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

There really isn't a more defined answer because as everyone stated everyone comes in with different "wants". Most come in PT working a FT job looking for "extra" income...for those who truly work and give it their all they eventually start earning more than a PT income and in many cases Coastal now becomes their FT gig.

Another point is that it also depends on what "you" sold that person, did you sell them realistic results and not overnight wealth or hype and unrealistic results?

Does that help?
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

I will be working closely with someone from now on - cannot say much right now - but hang in there. I believe we are on to something that will provide a great service to CV people. Same idea as what I sent you - but tuned up quite a bit - so much better.

Bob

There really isn't a more defined answer because as everyone stated everyone comes in with different "wants". Most come in PT working a FT job looking for "extra" income...for those who truly work and give it their all they eventually start earning more than a PT income and in many cases Coastal now becomes their FT gig.

Another point is that it also depends on what "you" sold that person, did you sell them realistic results and not overnight wealth or hype and unrealistic results?

Does that help?
  7. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Bob,

Quoting: asebfI believe we are on to something that will provide a great service to CV people.

Question is how affordable it will be??

lm
  8. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: linkmetro
    Question is how affordable it will be??

Revamping what I previously sent - and because you have special needs [​IMG] it will even work for you. Should have new and improved version returned in a few days.

By the way - it is not the cost of leads that is important - heck you can just pick up the phone book and start dialing . What is important is the % of profit you spend on marketing.

For example - let's say you buy 10 leads at 10 bucks each and you make one sale and make 1000 bucks.

What if you bought 10 leads at 20 bucks and you make three sales and make 3000.

Which leads were cheaper?
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Bob,
    My director told me that I could expect to make $3,000 to $9,000 in 30 to 90 days if I followed the system. No gurantees, by any means, but those are not extreme expectations and most would be happy to see results like those.
  10. DCollier

DCollier Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrMy director told me that I could expect to make $3,000 to $9,000 in 30 to 90 days if I followed the system. No gurantees, by any means, but those are not extreme expectations and most would be happy to see results like those.

Thats nice Harold, I Too would of been happy , but the tales dispell the truth.
    We need Mithbusters here to take actual cases and prove the results. Unbias and exposed.
    Not just hear say.

Show me the "Beef" .

Step out out of the shadows and lets see it for REAL.

I would challange a Director to put just 3 recient prospects
    from there group for us to see.
    Tell there story and just how the program worked for them.

Get to "Guts" of this.

The Good , and the not so.

I know I'm sticking my neck out here , but beneith the shadows are those filling the seats of dispair and not bringing the 80-90% failing rate down.

I for one am still here . 15K - 7 months - 0 sales

DCollier
    Level III & ticking
  11. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

DCollier,
    I am an example of the post I made above. I did generate 5 sales and one upgrade in that first 90 day period. 2 of those were my pass up sales so I was level 2 qualified in 3 months. Also, EVERY one of those sales were made by our call center and all I did was advertise on Google. The really eye opening thing to me was that those sales were made in the last 30 days of that 90 day period because I thought I knew how to do pay per click marketing BUT I DIDN'T! I had tried several other "bizz opps" that are the usual pay $30 to get in and pay $30 the rest of your life and if you get 1000 people to sign up AND STAY IN you can actually make a living. Well, we all know those don't work but I did learn a little about payperclick. SO, when I had gone 2 months without a Coastal sale I decided that I should get into my training in the back office of our amazing website at WeCloseYourSales. Well, I did and learned how "laser target" my Google ads and I had 2 sales in 3 days. It was like flipping a switch. Training is EVERYTHING and personal attention from director is everything. That's why it's so important to learn about your potential director. Use common sense. If they are signing 10 people a week then chances are they are not giving everyone personal attention. Are you the type that can make it on your own? Do you want a director that is trying to push out as many sales as possible so they can say "I make this many sales a month" or do you want a director that tries to make 3 to 5 sales a month and give those people personal attention so they will be productive and generate pass up sales and be good examples for that director and Coastal Vacations? I go for the lesser amount of sales and better training and attention for the new member and future directors. Just use common sense and be willing to work. If what you are doing isn't working then change what you are doing.
  12. DCollier

DCollier Member

Harold I have changed ,
    Came over to WCYS a month ago . I thought a sales center that took the calls was a prime idea. 300 leads in and not one calll to the center. My view is whats the difference? Get 500 or 800 ,2000 leads in the opt in tab. It means
    nothing if they do not call. You know as well as I the op ins have a
    50% phony phone rate. and 15% overseas. Getting over to the Center cost fees , and all I was hoping for was just one sale , that is all just one . Just what is wrong , you tell me. I have been contacted in private from others for help. How can I help them? The best of the best here are making moooola. so they say. . Sounding off to attract prospects. ? I just want the truth
    thats it in a nutshell.. $15,000.00 out of my savings has hurt our life here.
    and that's just me ,one person. Can you imagine the multiudes out there who have also lost there savings.

All while the few stand out and praise themselves for there sales.
    On the backs of us who had hope and were shown a movie about how easy it is to be in business and not be alone , and most of all
    better there lives.

Its obvious to me that there are many suffering to pay their money
    back or replace there cars (that they sold) to be in this business.

I had high hopes for Coastal as a viable business. I really believed it was true and real.

I already know your answer to this.
    get back to your director.

No one will help without more money . that is the truth.
    Paying it forward requires payment first.

I have heard good things about you. as well as others on the forum

I ask you to get together with the few who are sucessful and intend on having a wonderful Holiday to climb off your box for a second and realize behind the forum in private there is a hush
    of pain and sorrow over the faillings in Coastal .

I will continue to ring out my truth with coastal in this forum,
    not a warning to others . but just the truth.

DCollier
    Platnum Invested No sales Director
  13. rhondap

rhondap New Member

DCollier,

I am so sorry to hear your story.

I suggest plugging into the free training that Dani Johnson offers on her site danijohnson dot com - many with Coastal use her training with much success.

Good luck,

Rhonda
  14. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrThat's why it's so important to learn about your potential director. Use common sense. If they are signing 10 people a week then chances are they are not giving everyone personal attention. Are you the type that can make it on your own? Do you want a director that is trying to push out as many sales as possible so they can say "I make this many sales a month" or do you want a director that tries to make 3 to 5 sales a month and give those people personal attention so they will be productive and generate pass up sales and be good examples for that director and Coastal Vacations?

Hmmm....This is very interesting Harold, considering that you chose Jeff Mills as your own director. He's a 7 figure income earner with Coastal and .... That would mean that he has produced over 10 sales per week. And making it more interesting was when your director quit the call center to work with the Dani Johnson program. And if you have listened to his announcement - He admits that the call center system didn't work. I'm not on Jeff's team but If my director said something like that...I'd be moving too.

It's your objective to say that you are only shooting for a few sales, however based upon the sales model your using if one of your ads hits BIG....you've sponsor 10 or more people and your sales center would make the sales for you while your working your day job. Hmmmm

My objective with Coastal is to help as many people as possible to be successful. I've made 5-13 sales a week consistently. I work with my team on a daily basis and I'm very flexible about my schedule. I can tell you that not all directors are created equal. I know some directors who have very structured schedules which means that you've got to make an appointment to meet with them....and I don't even do that. ANYONE can test me on this. When the phone rings...I answer it.

I'm one of the few directors with Coastal who will work with directors who are having trouble making a profit in their business. I don't charge for this...the way I see it. I'm paying it forward. I'm helping those who need it....WITHOUT charging.

Now, you say you should get to know your director. I've done everything I can to make this possible. I even have potential new business partners who come to visit me in Nashville. You...on the other hand hide behind a lead capture page and IF someone calls you during the day...you've got a day job which keeps you from really being as flexible as those of us who are full time with coastal.

I'm not trying to pick on you here. I think your a nice guy. I also see that you WANT what many Coastal Directors have or you would not be here. When you state that some directors don't have time to work with you....Hmm....this seems odd as you are working 8 hours a day, you've got a family and I'm sure you want time for yourself so I'm thinking that you MIGHT have 4-6 hours a day to work with your team VS. The 8-12 hours a day that those of us FULL TIME DIRECTORS have.

There are tons of options and as DCollier has pointed out many are not happy with their results. There's ALOT that goes into this so PERSONALLY I'm not going to say it's any ONE areas fault. What I will say is that I'm open to helping DCollier as much as I can at NO CHARGE.

Jay NaPier
  15. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: DCollierNo one will help without more money . that is the truth.
    Paying it forward requires payment first.

If you'd like to give me a call I'll be happy to work with you at no charge and help as much as I can.

Jay NaPier
  16. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

DCollier,

You invested $11k and you don't have a website?? You have your own domain which is forwarded to , well how ironic- "all the calls are done for you." But you don't have your own website??

May I ask you how much you paying for that "website"?

lm
  17. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Jay,
    I don't want this to turn into a slamfest but I will point out where you are wrong. I did listen to the call Jeff did when he left the call center and his reasons were because he felt that his members were not learning the internet marketing methods well enough to be successful. He actually PRAISED the call center and their team for making him HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in the last couple of years but he thought that using the DFI and Dani Johnson system was best for his team because it says "buy these leads, call these leads, get these leads to these calls and have your director close these leads". This system is working for him now and that's great. It's not for me simply because I do have a fulltime job just like the HUGE majority of new Coastal members. I can't sit for hours and make calls plus the price of the leads are very high and I can't put that much money into them.

I am VERY fortunate that I have a job that can be done with my cell phone in my pocket so I can take calls and do my job at the same time. I speak with my members on a daily basis and it works fine. I actually spoke with a member of mine for over an hour the other day while I was at work so, for me, I have no problem with that.

Do I support making calls. Yes, I do. I actually make some calls during lunch and when I have time and I make them from home also. I am proactive with my business but I still teach my members that the call center is the best option because with it, you can offer both ways of doing coastal: calling leads or just advertising to them to call the call center or BOTH as I do.

I'm sure there are many weeks that Jeff made over 5 sales a week and that's fine. He's always been there for me when I had questions but you can still make the money he did without making 5 to 13 sales a week.

You say I hide behind a lead capture page. We all have lead capture pages. That is a major part of this business. Anyone will tell you having a list is an important part of any online business so having a lead capture page is not hiding. My picture and number is on my site so I can be reached. I don't understand why you think that is hiding.

I, too, work with other directors, several on this very forum. I will help them and I sure don't charge them for it. That would be silly. We are all in the Coastal family.

Jay, one thing I still can't figure out about you is that you used to not be active on this forum. When I first joined, I posted in here for a LONG time and never saw you post. Now, it seems that you are in here everday, posting and posting and using a lot of those 8 to 12 hours a day in here instead of with your team. I don't ever see any of your team members in here posting either. I tell my team members about this forum and encourage them to post in here. It seems like you don't want your team members to come in here. You also like to post that new members should only sign up with level 3 directors or sign up with directors like you who who make 5 to 13 sales a week. Well, that pretty much eliminates 99% of your team who, if you are telling the truth, are signing up everyday. Why don't you want your team to get sales and make pass up sales? I would guess that most of your signups are level 1 or 2 since that is the norm and you tell new prospects that they should be looking for level 3 directors only. I want my team to make sales and get qualified as soon as possible and I will even send new members of mine through my other members accounts if I think they need it to help them and increase their motivation. Isn't that what Coastal is all about, helping your team be successful?

I want to be fulltime someday and it will take a lot of work because I want to be out of debt before I quit my fulltime job but that is what I am working for and that is what I want for my team and I will share EVERY bit of information that I get that will help them achieve that goal. That means telling them about this forum and not trying to funnel sales away from them but actually to them. And also give them the confidence that I do not have a goal of getting to the point of signing up so many people a week that I can't give them the attention they deserve.

To the new prospects: you can be successful with Coastal. Just use common sense.
  18. asebf

asebf New Member

I know I'm sticking my neck out here , but beneath the shadows are those filling the seats of despair and not bringing the 80-90% failing rate down.
    D, Idea? What if you tell here what you were told - how to market CV - what you would get out of it etc. by both of your directors.
    No need to mention names of those that led you "astray" - but unveiling the "untruths" would be valuable.

It would also be necessary that you outlined your efforts - exactly what you did etc. I do remember you stating something about calling your as... off. Who were you calling - where did you buy your lists/leads?

I think it would be good if you also left your background of experience - what you are willing to do - what you are good at - and any other information that may be helpful. How is your spoken English? How much time are you spending on CV - and how much time are you willing to spend?

All of this can help an experienced director know more about how to help you.

If Jay is serious - all this will help him or someone find out why you are coming up empty.
  19. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrusing a lot of those 8 to 12 hours a day in here instead of with your team. I don't ever see any of your team members in here posting either. I tell my team members about this forum and encourage them to post in here. It seems like you don't want your team members to come in here. You also like to post that new members should only sign up with level 3 directors or sign up with directors like you who who make 5 to 13 sales a week. Well, that pretty much eliminates 99% of your team who, if you are telling the truth, are signing up everyday. Why don't you want your team to get sales and make pass up sales? I would guess that most of your signups are level 1 or 2 since that is the norm

Let's not assume things here Harold.

First, it only takes a few minutes to drop by this site and review things. Again, I like to keep my phone line open so I'm not one of those directors who has created a social community and I'm not doing 6-8 hours of an open forum calling thing like others.

You've got to realize that the internet is the wild, wild west. There's alot of information here that is good...and there's stuff here that is just a waste of time. I've found that internet forums can be fun, but for BEST results sending someone to a forum with several groups and forums represented does nothing for them other than confuse them. That's one of the reasons I ONLY use the official system.

In a nutshell everyone should be somehow, someway connected to a Level 3 Director. One of the way someone can differentiate between who's serious about Coastal and who's not is by who is Level 3. I know...I didn't start L3, but everyone should strive for L3. If your not there yet, you should be working on a plan for that.

As I've stated in other posts. I've been in this industry now for 20 years. I've worked with some of the best of the best in the industry and I'm recognized by many industry heavy hitters as what someone today called "A Big Fish".

As a "Big Fish" lol...and I laugh at that name. But, that's what they called me. I do learn alot of new things early. I'm natually a skeptic, so I take a "Wait N See" approach to alot of things that come my way. I get alot of offers to try leads. I'll try them, give leads to my team and IF the leads live upto our standards. We might make them a provider for my team.

If you look ahead on the Coastal Trail, you'll see I'm waving at you. I'm cheering for you - Yet, you question the abilities of someone ahead of you who is blazing a trail. We're creating new tools to build your business and we're making Coastal better.

I personally believe that one day I'll have the opportunity to meet you at an Official Coastal Event. I'm looking forward to that day as I DO see you as a good person and I see you as someone who does have their teams best interest at heart.

As I mentioned above, I'm not looking to beat you up, but when you make those pot shots at those of us who are hitting bigger number than you are. It doesn't make you look good as RESULT are what ANYONE in Coastal is looking for.

Schools nationwide will talk about classroom size. But, does size matter? It depends on the quality of the teacher. I've been to 2 Tony Robbins Training Events and I paid over $2500 to sit up front. Diamond Level as the TR folks will call it. There were over 5000 people in Atlanta November 2006 and 3800 in Palm Desert, CA in January 2007. Some of the people in Palm Desert didn't even get to be in the same room with Tony. They watch on a big screen.
    This is proof that size does not matter.

Either way. Those who see value in a call center will go down that road. If it's working for them....Great!! If not, they should consider connecting with the Official Coastal System and learning how top directors are doing things.

BTW....there's a new call center that's in the launching phases right now. I know the people that are doing it and I do wish them the best.

Jay NaPier
  20. DCollier

DCollier Member

Quoting: linkmetroYou invested $11k and you don't have a website?? You have your own domain which is forwarded to , well how ironic- "all the calls are done for you." But you don't have your own website??

May I ask you how much you paying for that "website"?

The fees are 59.00 p/m
    I'm not savy enough to build a site , clone a site , or re-invent the wheel making cd's or develop a "myspace" spot.

Getting into WCYS required additional fees as there commissions are additions to the offical packages offered.

as mentioned in earlier posts "I called my a _ _ s off for months and one day stumbled across "the Renigade" regarding "Leads"

I found this to be true in my case . Leads are steped on multipal times due to the fact they sell it on average 7 times. The prospect is inundiated with "buy from me , I'll make you rich" calls

"Lighthouse marketing" also made for some interesting reading.
    I felt exactly like that. Using a flashlight to search the seas for prospects lookking to be rescued. They are bobing around in an ocean of internet businesses offering sucesses, while we search from them those who are not broke and bring to shore.

Purchasing "Leads" are your batteries.

The Lighthouse approch is to send out a becon such that they can see there way to you.

The plea for truth has resulted in a slug fest between two good people on this forum. What it shows is there are many different methods to do business with Coastal.

Reading over and over again in other posts about your differiences does nothing but cause division. That is what brings down the very purpose of being here.

I Do not have anything bad to say about any Director that has worked with me . There processes for sucess worked for them. and it is difficult to duplicate because we are all differient human beings
    hailing from differient generations & cultures

DCollier