To the experienced CV folks. What does the average new person ...

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by asebf, Oct 26, 2007.

1. rhondap

rhondap New Member

I understand what you are saying.

There are many who are/did make good money using the call center and there are many who are/did make good money using leads......in both areas it all comes down to training, in either case one can be successful with the proper training.

I would never knock either option .

Not all leads are created equal. [​IMG]
  2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Rhonda is right. All leads are NOT created equal. The cost of doing business can eat a Coastal Director alive. I've paid over $8000 in 1 month for google adwords and I can tell you that that dog don't hunt.

I'm beginning to see where your coming from DCollier. There are ebooks out there that are writen with the idea of getting you to sign up with them. I don't know if you've read one of those, but the whole thing is designed to put salt in any wounds you might have....in this case it could be calling leads. I'm not big on it either. I can do 2 hours a day MAX. I don't like it, but I do it because it's the most effective way to get a Coastal business started and running.

An olive branch I CAN send to you is that alot of the online marketing people suggest are not that great either. I believe it's kinda like seeing something GREAT on TV that you want to buy your kids for Christmas. Years ago there was a really cool roller coaster. I was going to get one, but I thought it was a bit pricey so we went in a different direction. I later found out that it takes TRAINED TOY COMPANY employees 6 hours to put it together and that many who bought the toy had 8-10+ hours into it.

I've been using leads for years and the coastal budget leads dot come are the best value. I'm currently testing a new lead source which are about 35 cents less than these. Rhino leads dot com has some great exclusive leads that many top networkers swear by.

Please continue to share and all of us here will continue to add value to this thread.

God Bless

Jay NaPier
  3. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: DCollieras mentioned in earlier posts "I called my a _ _ s off for months

Does anyone have an alternate for him? I.e. not having to spend a couple of hours / day on the phone?

Quoting: DCollier"Lighthouse marketing" Quoting: DCollierUsing a flashlight to search the seas for prospects looking to be rescued.

D - what was the solution given to this type of marketing?
  4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Well everyone ive been staying away from the forum for a bit and recharging my batteries and I see things are still the same. I hope I can bring some unity to everything here.

First lets get some of the facts out for new people. There are many directors from different groups here. The goal of each and everyone of them is to increase their business. Thats a fact. Now many will offer their services to do so but understand no one is here just because they are just so willing to give. We all have the motive to increase our own businesses.

Secondly the reason that most people dont do well at Coastal has nothing to do with their director but rather who they are as a person and what they are willing to do. This business gives us every tool we could ever use but to be honest even if they werent available you can still succeed. Here is the simple formula. Find people that like vacations and market to them. Here is an easy example...Offer a Carnival cruise to a local store and help them advertise it in conjuncton with their products. Collect all the names of the people that participate and call ( or email ) them all about vacations and your package. I bet everyone of you could do that in your local area with a club or a store or a group or maybe even your kids school or sports team. You have a targeted groupof leads now to promote our amazing produt to.

Fact three. Results vary. I made over 10k my first 7 weeks. Other directors make from what they say 10 -13 sales a week. Will that be you? It might or it might not. Thats the truth. I will say that many of us dont make money as we make a few fundamental mistakes. Let me give you an idea of what I mean. Im not picking on this person or their director but here is what I mean. DCollier came in at platinum ( 11K). That investment was a big chunk of his savings. Now the director that that brought them in made $9705. Thats a great commission but they would have done better to tell DCollier to come in at premier and use the other money to advertise ( leads and having a website system). Now as DCollier would upgrade after making sales and using the profits of those sales the director would have made more money in upgrade fees and the additional training sales but in this scenario they got their money upfront. I understand the reasons for getting money upfront but its mostly at the detriment of your new associate.

Alot has been said about leaving your director and going with someone that will pick you up as an "orphan". Alot has been said about doing it for free as well. Ive picked up people in the past and in my opinion its a mistake. Especially when ive picked them up for free. I think it creates a problem in Coastal. Back when I was in the CSG I heard leaders talk about going to the Official Coastal Events to pick up lost associates. This way of doing business is not ethical. If you started with your director you should do your best to stick with them. Now maybe they arent the most helpful but HELLO we do all have websites and live calls an events in place to help you if you dont have a director. If you have a need for someone to do a three way then either meet someone at an event, on a forum like this or even better yet learn the skills to make the calls yourself.

Now alot has been said about helping these orphans for free. Well everyone is open to do as they please but every orphan ive picked up has done nothing but waste my time. Ive given them amazing in depth advice. But most of the time they arent serious about their business and thats why they didnt make it with their first director. Of course there are people out there that are serious and would make an honest effort if I took them on but from a business aspect it doesnt make sense. Id rather complete all of my free trainings and let them have the whole lot of them and have people wanting my time pay for my personal coaching. Thats just my thoughts and I know of at least one person that will probably not agree but hey again its my thoughts.

Folks lets always tell the new people the real deal about Coastal. Yes its a way to make money very fast but its also real work. It takes real time an real skills and more importanly the right timing. But if you are willing to work this is by far the best business out there. Money Travel Time and Freedom are yours for the taking.

Adam Frederick
    Platinum Coastal Director
    302 476 2753
  5. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerDCollier came in at platinum ( 11K). That investment was a big chunk of his savings. Now the director that that brought them in made $9705. Thats a great commission but they would have done better to tell DCollier to come in at premier and use the other money to advertise ( leads and having a website system). Now as DCollier would upgrade after making sales and using the profits of those sales the director would have made more money in upgrade fees and the additional training sales but in this scenario they got their money upfront. I understand the reasons for getting money upfront but its mostly at the detriment of your new associate.

I totally, totally agree.....why bring someone in, at any level, without first seeing if they will have funds needed to properly run and market their business.

You wouldn't invest in a McDonalds franchise and use every dime you have on it without budgeting money to advertise and market your business.
  6. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Quoting: rhondapuse every dime you have on it without budgeting money to advertise and market your business.

I totally agree also...See this is just something they not teach nowhere. Use your Common sense.

lm
  7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: rhondapYou wouldn't invest in a McDonalds franchise and use every dime you have on it without budgeting money to advertise and market your business.

Is this really a good example??? Everyone knows who McDonalds is and McDonalds don't put location where there won't be traffic. But...the example does make some sense. You've got to invest 2 years of your life learning EVERY ASPECT of the business before you can even have the opportunity to own a McDonalds.

Jay NaPier
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: asebfDoes anyone have an alternate for him? I.e. not having to spend a couple of hours / day on the phone

Yes, ContactTalk. I use CT to make MOST of my calls. I can make about 40 calls or so in a day. After that...it's all CT.

Jay NaPier
  9. emmjay

emmjay New Member

Todd Falcone also tested a new auto dialing system called Citalink last week on his Monday power hour call.He made approximately 45 calls in 40 minutes with plenty of pauses to speak with us on the line.I also listened in on Thursday evening with Joe Syverson and Pat Berry of the Mlm Radio Show and they made 73 dials in 45 minutes and I believe in the end they had 7 prospects wanting another call with more information.With this system you do not want to spend too much time on the first contact with the prospect as you are paying for different hourly packages for the system.
  10. emmjay

emmjay New Member

I have signed up for the citalink tool and hope to receive my leads early this week.The Mlm Radioshow ran a special for those of us that wanted to trial the system($96.50 for 5 hours dial time and 220 leads to load).I know that 5 hours of dial time does not sound like much but I listened in and watched the webcast as they completed 73 dials in 43 minutes;so you can see how many dials you can get through in 5 hours.If you go to www.mlmradioshow.com I think the 96 hour special is still up but if they stick to the 96 hours it should come down later tonight.Just so everyone knows this is just info that I am passing along on this system;I am not an affiliate nor have I personally tested it but I will keep you posted good or bad.
  11. DCollier

DCollier Member

Quoting: linkmetroYou invested $11k and you don't have a website?? You have your own domain which is forwarded to , well how ironic- "all the calls are done for you." But you don't have your own website??

The first thing to put on the Site is a bio, right.
    I did that and told a great story about how "Coastal" changed my life. It was so convincing that my Director was ready to sign up again. Well just how deceptive is that.

Any newbe coming in has to hide that fact that they are. Those that want sucess want to surround themselves with those that are. So create an illusion of grandor . bacically tell a lie.

and I agree Adam , many posts on the forum about Director jumpers wanting to have there hand held to sucess.
    I do not want to waist anyone's time.

Just the truth. So far its squeeking out.

Rhonda , Adam, Jay, Harold, Coast Guard, Bob
    thanks for you candor.

The past is the past reguarding Platnum vs Level 3.
    My CWB Director is a wonderful person. She purchased $1000 of leads from : Cutting Edge Media , Networker Central for me and
    off I went using a script and putting my head down.
    Mabie it is about the leads, quality etc. because I used the Natural Sales aproach, and never got a 3 way.
    So its who do ya believe. an ebook about the exact same problem
    I was having in prospecting. or GET the right leads.

I do not have a phobia about calling. Just do not agree to use pressure ,diversive tactics to make a sale.
    To first Guide and help others does require that same thing for me.

So on the net who do you believe? Trust is everything.

I went to there convention in WV and met the folks there. All very proud of there busniesses.
    My contention was the prayer vigals during the live calls.

Adam Wrote
    "First lets get some of the facts out for new people. There are many directors from different groups here. The goal of each and everyone of them is to increase their business.
    So the underlieing fact is selfserving?

If any thing here is an open forum and one to extend respect .
    I for one am not giving up on this business.

DCollier
  12. rhondap

rhondap New Member

DCollier,

I'm not sure what type of training was gievn to you from CWB or any where about calling leads, if you have been trained then ignore my post.....but before anyone sits down with a lead list they should be trained and I recommend Dani Johnson - her training helped me out a great deal.

You can take 2 people with the same lead list one with the proper training and one without, the person with the proper training will do much better with the exact same list.

Again much success too you.
  13. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: DCollierThe first thing to put on the Site is a bio, right.
    I did that and told a great story about how "Coastal" changed my life. It was so convincing that my Director was ready to sign up again. Well just how deceptive is that.

Any newbe coming in has to hide that fact that they are. Those that want sucess want to surround themselves with those that are. So create an illusion of grandor . bacically tell a lie.

You should NEVER, EVER tell a lie about where you are in the business or where you've been. There ARE some groups who teach the old fake it til you make it and I don't believe in that one bit. It's like a skunk - You can smell it a mile away!

I'm getting a better picture things now. Congrats on going to the event. It tells me alot about how serious you are about your business. Too many talk a good talk, but when it comes to their committment - they don't goto events and they are just fooling themselves.

There's alot that can be shared about how you did things. I will tell you that I'm not a big fan of the group you were a part of, but I also know alot of folks who've left overthere are well.

Here's what I'd recommend. Get on some of Dani Johnson's trainings. See what she has to offer and go from there.

Also, know that If I can help with a 3 way or you want to call...do so.

Jay NaPier
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: rhondapI'm not sure what type of training was gievn to you from CWB or any where about calling leads, if you have been trained then ignore my post.....but before anyone sits down with a lead list they should be trained and I recommend Dani Johnson - her training helped me out a great deal.

Great advice!!Dani helped me tremendously as well , and I totally agree with getting trained to call leads.However, NOTHING takes the place of actually picking up the phone and talking to people to get you through your learning curve!

[​IMG]

Viola