Top Online Business Models - Any Suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by greenion, Feb 18, 2010.

1. greenion

greenion New Member

Disclaimer: This question is mainly directed to those who are here that have found one that is working consistently for them. But, if a newbie to this forum has any OBMs in mind, let the community know.

I have my own in mind, but for the benefit of the new folks who could use a quick synopsis of the various kinds that they can pursue online, please state which are working for you and why.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I am not getting your question but I think I am going to guess.

Are you asking what business model best works online?

Well, there are really 2 of them.

1: Affiliate Programs

2: Network Marketing.

Either one is good but for the long term residual income, I would go with Network Marketing.

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I agree with Tal.

Those are the 2 main types of marketing that seem to be the most popular online from what I can tell.

How you approach those types of marketing may differ. I do both affiliate marketing and network marketing with different degrees of success.

Some people choose paid advertising as the main pillar of their online business model. They use PPC to send people to their site or landing page to generate sales or leads.

Others concentrating on building a list (sign ups to a newsletter, etc.) so that they can sell to those individuals repeatedly.

Still others (like me [​IMG] ) build a theme based website that generates targeted traffic free from the search engines. Then they can monetize their traffic in whatever way they choose.

Each model has it's pros and cons. They take different skills and levels of investment (both time and money). Learning about each business model and which is right for you is a good place to start.

I'm sure there are more than those I've mentioned, but those 3 are the ones you'll probably hear the most about.

Hope that helps,
  4. onera

onera New Member

I think network marketing is better that has solid reputation, backed by good and useful products that people want (not desire).

Most successful affiliate marketing products are based on people's and they tend to be short lived.

If you want to create your own product, create a software tool that solves some problem and people will pay it for a monthly fee.

You don't have to be a software developer. You can outsource it provided you have clear idea of what you want or partner with a friend who has software development knowledge.
  5. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

network marketing with HIGH commissions. If your only making 30% or less with your commissions then it's time to switch. Don't waste your time on small sales. You'll never be able to quit the corporate world.

Go big or go home!

6. rogerb

rogerb New Member

Personally, I like the affiliate program model. Why? Because I can research any program I suggest to my visitors to see if (1) it is legit and (2) it is something that would give my business credibility. I never want to put anything on my site that a visitor could not make money from.. I'm not into "get-rich-quick" or sites with big bold letters claining thousands may be made with little effort. I want to build my business not demean it!
  7. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

I would go more with affiliate marketing because A) it is more targeted and it's free. B) Once you set things up, you will have money rolling in on auto-pilot.

This way will require more work than network marketing because there is no investment. If you have a little money to work with, I'd go with network marketing using PPC methods.
  8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I work within both, affiliate marketing and network marketing.

I must say, I am having great fun with network marketing these days.

Both are interesting and require training and dedication.

If you promote a subject you truly believe in, your positive energy is attached to that, and ultimately your prospects will feel it.
    This is similar to reading between the lines.

If I even attempt to promote something I do not believe in, totally I fail - fast.

In my early days, of course I tried to promote various micro niches, and the only successes I have had were those attached to my heart.

This does not mean you need to use or love the service or product, just know it is genuine and useful.

9. MichaelZ

MichaelZ New Member

The best model is one you have control of. A way to have that control is to diversify. If you are affiliate marketing, don't depend on a single merchant.

Personally, I like to build content sites that I can then monetize. The content is then mine. If a program for monetizing falls through, then I can always monetize with somethings else. But I still get the traffic. And traffic will always equate to money.
  10. yasser

yasser New Member

I personally sell on ebay and i am an ebay powerseller. it is easy model and you can make decent income. [​IMG]
  11. trish777

trish777 New Member

I'm still here backing Chris Farrell. Especially for the Newbie. His teaching style is basic and to the point. He increases his members learning curve and there by making it possible to make money sooner than many including him.
    I have done allot of research looking for an online business direction to take an have failed. With Chris's teaching and support I am feeling like a winner!!!!!!!!!!
    His heart is defiantly in charge and it shows if you spend a little time getting failure with him and his membership site.

I wish us all great success!!!@@[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. joanne

joanne New Member

I would always have said affiliate marketing (that's how I made my first dollars online) but recently I joined Chris Farrell's membership and I'm really coming round to his way of thinking (selling to your list). Email marketing and creating my own product is going to be high on my agenda for the coming months methinks.

I also like the idea of having a membership site - don't yet know what I could provide in terms of service or content, but I like the idea of recurring income.
  13. andie926

andie926 New Member

I just started her course. I am on day 25. Did it take you long after the course was finished to start seeing some income from affiliate marketing.