Top rated MLM'S

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Casper, Feb 10, 2008.

1. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Quoting: grnwealthYou need to market a product that is not some thinly disguised money game that promotes Ebooks or seminars. You need a real product with real value. Preferably in the direct sales arena opposed to the MLM arena. I think its just as easy to make a $3000 sale as it is a $30 sale when you present the product correctly to a target market.

The Global Resorts Network product is a stand alone product with extreme value that will save the customer tens of thousands over a lifetime. It has sold and will continue to sell without the oppty attached to it. Plus the systems we have here. Where Virtual assts close all our sales is awesome. No prospecting and no cold calling. Just cash the $1000 checks and enjoy the true duplication that happens with a perpetual leverage plan!

Agreed,

If you are a super salesperson, then you are right, you could probably sell a $3000. dollar item as easily as a $30.00 one, but sadly, most people are far from being a super salersperson, in fact, most people can't sell a to save their lives.

You can have the best product in the world, but most people don't have enough to meet their weekly budget as most will run out of money before the week has ended, so selling a $3000. product is not easy for most, nor is selling a $30.00 product or service, so your market is very narrow, and the higher the ticket item is, the more narrow your market is as this recession get worse.

I sold my travel agency just before last recession hit, so although I agree, selling high ticket items generates better commissions, some products will get hit harder than others in a recession.

Good luck to all, Mike
  2. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

Casper: I don't know if a thread has been done on this before but I was curious too know what are the best MLM companies too go with if you want too start this kind of business.

I own a web site where I list what I consider to be the best MLM companies. It's not perfect but it's a good place to begin your research.

Search on Google for "best mlm" and it's the first natural search result.

Best Regards,

Mark

P.S. "Natural search" means search engine results, not the pay-per-click ads on the right side (and sometimes on the top).
  3. Casper

Casper New Member

grnwealth: I 100% agree with Mike. You need a stand alone product that has sold and will continue to sell in the marketplace without the oppty attached to it. I totally agree with you on that one you need a product that everyone wants not just a select few, The health & wellness programs would be the most challenging as many of their products you can easily buy in any store. I am looking at travel as that's a product that everyone would want too use or show interest in using.

I live in a remote area of Australia so we are quite a distance from the nearest travel agent so that's one of the markets I'm planning on targeting.
  4. mentoru2success

mentoru2success New Member

WARRANTIES4LESS: Agreed,

If you are a super salesperson, then you are right, you could probably sell a $3000. dollar item as easily as a $30.00 one, but sadly, most people are far from being a super salersperson, in fact, most people can't sell a to save their lives.

You can have the best product in the world, but most people don't have enough to meet their weekly budget as most will run out of money before the week has ended, so selling a $3000. product is not easy for most, nor is selling a $30.00 product or service, so your market is very narrow, and the higher the ticket item is, the more narrow your market is as this recession get worse.

I sold my travel agency just before last recession hit, so although I agree, selling high ticket items generates better commissions, some products will get hit harder than others in a recession.

Good luck to all, Mike
    Automated System Closes Sales for Global Resorts
    I am using GRN Team Builder site which offers professional virtual assistants call my prospects and close the sales for me. They are working out well.
    I encourage to request a call back from these Virtual Assistants to see if you could imagine them representing you. The struggle of closing sales is eliminated because the virtual assistants do the closing for you.
    We teach our partners to use this systems and use various free advertising methods to drive targeted people who want to join to your team.
    thanks
  5. annadenise

annadenise Member

Reading through this thread, we all have our personal preferences, but bottom line, you need to find something where there is a product and you firmly believe in the product. Finding a program with a mentor or a team that works together is extremely important. Find a company that is solid with strong financial backing. Even better, there are a few teams out there that offer great Internet 101 training for those that are new or just want to learn more. I went through the stage of every MLM type program under the sun. I made over $60,000 in one of them in only 4 months last year. Then it disappeared after 6 months, and many of my online friends were close to earning and did not. I have been in other reputable programs, but it was too difficult to keep others from dropping out and took way too much work to earn a little.

My passion ended up making it so easy for me to learn it, you love the product, the co., the team you are in, and suddenly you do a lot better job of selling it. I do not mean it comes that easy - but it makes a tremendous amount of difference when you are really "into it". I found something that involves Cooperative Marketing where we can buy all the customers we want and then if we choose also promote it as a business opportunity. It did cost me more to get in at a level to earn immediately - but to me, it is a cross between buying an expensive franchise and network marketing. That is just me. I recently found one other program that fits almost all the criteria I want at a very reasonable price and involves books. I happened to get under the person who developed the team sites and talks to Robert Allen almost daily. This is something else that there is always a need for. This particular team has an exceptional training program and a 12 month money back guarantee.

Both of these should do well for me over the long run, will I earn the $60,000 in 3 months I did in that one program? No.. will I keep my integrity and online friends in what I am doing now instead and have the security of knowing these programs will not disappear next week - yes. (By the way, while earning that amount in one program, I was in other stupid things the last 2 years, so if I count all I spent that was a waste, it was not anywhere near $60,000 that I earned LOL!)

I actually saw a signature in this thread for something my husband may want to check out - there are some really good people in this forum that are giving opinions but not forcing opps on you.
  6. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

Automated systems are great, especially when you have a product that does not sell based on value, exclusiveness, never mind need, so I agree, you really do need a professional closer to make it with most products or services. Without true verifiable value of product or service, you better have a pro closer or be a super salesperson or you won't make a dime over time.

Good luck to all, Mike
  7. BillChechel

BillChechel New Member

The system I am with does utilize a call center to help close sales.

The reason we have that center is because most are a little timid when it comes to personally discussing a business opportunity. This holds true for most of the new people. It allows those team members to have the same advantage as a seasoned veteran who knows the ins and outs of our business.

Another positive side of having an experienced person call on your behalf, is when the question arises "how much have you made so far?". That is always a top question new prospects ask. So when the person they are speaking to has generated multiple 5 figure months they can easily handle that objection. Obviously if you are new you will not have the same income claim to make because you are new to the system. It is not your fault you just started a week earlier.

And the last thing a call center does is let the new person see that the business is truly automated. We advertise the business as such, and the call from our call center is rock solid evidence that we hold true to that statement.

We have a solid product that absolutely everyone needs. The fact that we have a call center does not take away from our opportunity, it just adds to its value.
  8. grnwealth

grnwealth New Member

I have closed my whole life on the phone and have no problem doing it and helping those on my team do it. The Virtual Assts though do make it a lot easier for when I am not available. I just got back from Vegas for a week stay at the Bellagio ( I go ever year for the tournament) and I had the VA's doing the work for me.

I also am now teaching my team some major tricks on how to get timeshare salesman, timeshare buyers, and travel agents interested in both the product and selling the product. It is very exciting.

I disagree though. To me selling a high ticket item is as simple as a 30 dollar item. It is all about presentation and confidence and getting the customer to see value. Listen so many people want something for nothing out there. I basically laugh at people who dont want to spend money for a business. Why the hell are they looking then if they can't fund or find a way to fund a business. Where in America can you start a business for less than thousands of dollars that will realistically work. Again inform and educate then close.

Our team cuts away the fluff and hype and gives people value. Success to all. Global Resorts is the rare combination of product, system, and comp plan. Take advantage of it!

Chris
    877-776-7503
  9. Aspire

Aspire New Member

Wow! - Casper, you lit the stick of Dynamite here. After reading through this thread I am jumping up and down. Thanks everyone, I needed my start to the day (it is only 6am where I am)

Firstly, any business opportunity is a good one if you are prepared to make an informed decision prior to joining, and you are also prepared to do what is required to succeed in it.

Let's just imagine you want to earn big money and you decided to open an electrical retail store.

You buy a franchise, lease a premises for 5 years, organise great flashing signs for the front of it, spend a fortune on fitting it out, stock it with a $1m of stock, place full page advertisements in the newspaper, start a TV advertising campaign and hire staff to make it work. Now you are ready to start trading. (I think you will get the idea about the type of expense involved before you even sell your first TV)

Your first years trading gives you a $1m turnover with 30% profit, and for all intents and purposes it is a very good year ??“ You are a successful retailer.

Now take out the operational costs ??“ Staff wages ??“ insurance ??“ stock costs to increase your product range ??“ premises lease & expenses ??“ ongoing advertising etc. After working 15 hours a day for 7 days a week you would be very fortunate if you were able to pull $100,000 and still have your business go forward.

This is assuming that you did not make the mistake of placing your business in a low socio-economic community, and an opposition store did not open up next to you just after you started. (and your wife didn't threaten to leave you because you are now a fanatical self consumed working machine)

Been there ??“ Done that ??“ Bought the T-shirt

The bottom line here is that 95% of the population will never be in the financial position to be able to do earn $100k this way, or be prepared to make the sacrifices necessary to do it.

It is my opinion that everyone in the free world has the right to better themselves, and Home Based Businesses (no matter what they are) is the way to do it.

grnwealth: I say avoid all MLM's and money games or cash gifting programs. They are either scams or they take too long to develop a six figure income

Nearly right ??“ but I suggest refraining from using MLM in this quote.

After two bad experiences in leading MLM's I had decide to stay away completely from them and concentrate on more traditional ways of getting a $100k income each year.

One day a person knocked on my door and offered me a free field test to reduce my fleet fuel bill by 10% to 15%, and also a way to conform to the Kyoto Agreement in reducing my emissions by 75%. I tried it and after extensive testing found it did what they claimed ??“ So I became a customer buying my products On-Line.
    They now asked me if I wanted to buy Wholesale and reduce the cost of the product needed to save this money by 20% - I thought OK ??“ do they also have the winning lotto numbers? ??“ I said yes!

This was a two year old MLM company, and with its focus on saving money instead of costing money, and the environmental aspects I became very passionately involved.

After 7 short months I have distributors in three countries and have firmly positioned myself as a leader. I had swore never to get into MLM again.

LauraLicata: I totally believe in supporting my downline and I give away my sign ups often so that we all see success

The only way to do it Laura.

If a company encourages you to build wide instead of deep it is a sign that you should not go there.

If your success is completely dependant on helping your down-line to become successful, this is a winning formula.

Yes, I agree that the marketing hype with some companies is designed to motivate you past the pitfalls of their organisation and get you to sign up forking out heaps of your hard earned cash. It is a sad fact of life that there will always be Vultures circling over the less fortunate.

I bacame excited with my company when they gave me the way to grow without using my own money. Obviously the ethics of any company need to be investigated prior to anyone joining one.

WARRANTIES4LESS: MLM is a great business model for most, as long as you have a product or service of value, and unfortunately, only about 5% of MLM's can claim this from my research...........you either have to be a super salesperson, or have a product that is exclusive, super value or needed my the masses

Very true Mike. The last part of this quote is vital if you hope to grow using commissions from Retail sales.

Most MLM's will teach the novice the fundament of being self employed and how to "Make It" - Just have to learn that it is a learning curve the people are on.

I liken this to learning to ride a bike. Everyone falls off at some stage when learning. You have to keep on getting up and trying again. If the person teaching you to learn how to ride is not capable of teaching you the right way, you change your instructor.

annadenise: My passion ended up making it so easy for me to learn it

Very - very - very important !!!!

With a passion for your business and product, you are going to attract more people like-minded. Your growth will be explosive as long as the basic fundaments of your group is helping others to be successful.

This thread is great and there is so much for people to learn here (and comment on)

Regards
    Paul
  10. WARRANTIES4LESS

Good points,

So many have failed at MLM's that they paint them all with same negative brush, and this is sad. I too backed away from MLM model, but when you find a product or service which is offering a true value, as in real wholesale discount direct, then you know you have a good company, no matter what the compensation plan offers.

Yes, I am a believer in product first, compensation last. Management and market fit between the two, so you need to have all aspects covered to make it in MLM for the long term. Having seen it all, there are very few which truly offer value and savings, or as I call it, VOI, Value On Investment. If you cannot save money using the product you are promoting, forget any long term success.

Attrition is the killer in most MLM's, and this too is the reason so many blame MLM for their falures, they usually are the quitters, which represent about 98% who have tried MLM. Leverage is essential if you ever hope to make it in business, and only MLM offers true leverage, so don't think all MLM's are the same lame game you last tried.

Good luck to all, Mike
  11. TYBTI

TYBTI New Member

Hello, There are many work at home opportunities out there. You just have to pick one that works for YOU. MLM and Internet marketing both can go hand in hand. The Internet has Opened the Doors Wide open for Success.

Its never too late to open the door for financial wealth and financial freedom. There is a dilemma today. 95% of the population work to make someone else rich, and live paycheck to paycheck. Only 5% live "the good life" in which they have financial wealth and financial freedom. Which Bracket do you want to be in?
  12. livefree

livefree New Member

There are thousands of Networking marketing Businesses to choose from.

Doesn't this cause much confusion. The Failure rate is about 97%.

The failure rate is so high because although network marketing is a direct marketing business. Most folks have no idea how to sell. Worse still is many people still try to sell network marketing businesses the traditional way (door to door , friend to friend) It doesn't work that way. Just look at businesses like amway.

Any business has the potential to make money. Here is the secret to success online.

Research the person who is marketing their business to you. Often times people join a network marketing business under someone who has no idea how to network market.

When I first started out , I found it hard to get support from my upline.

I ran into that problem in 5 different businesses. Then I wised up and started asking questions first.

I usually ask questions like.

What form of marketing do you use ?

How organized is your team (network marketing is about teamwork)

Questions like that will help you weed out potential Business partners.

There is no such thing as a bad business. (except scams ofcourse)

All of them have the potential to make you rich or broke.

Learn all you can then apply what you learn.

peace
    Larry
  13. madmatz

madmatz New Member

I have read many good points on this thread. It is nice to read what people think of MLM. It seems that some people on this thread may have had bad experiences or heard negative reviews of MLM companies. And based on my own research I can see why.

First there are many "Pyramid Schemes" that try to market as MLM. A "Pyramid Scheme" however usually requires a large amount of money to "get in" and promises a portion of profits when you recruit other people who sign up. The key to recognizing this type of scheme is the start up costs are usually thousands of dollars and there is no real product or service that they are offering. They just promise profits based on recruiting people who in turn recruit people. The dirt bags who start these make out with lots of money and the people at the bottom get duped.

Second many legitimate MLM's are structured in such a way that it takes a very long time to start making any significant residual income. This poor structure results in a whole lot of negative reviews of the specific company and MLM in general. And it is no surprise to me. Most companies use testimonials of very successful individuals to entice a prospect into joining. I am not accusing any MLM company of false advertising, but it is misleading because the individuals who are extremely successful usually use very aggressive marketing strategies and spend a lot of time growing their down line (at least in the beginning). So someone getting involved is expecting to start earning thousands of dollars per month and when they don't they consider the company to be a scam when in reality it just takes a whole lot of work to start making any good money. Which is why I label it misleading advertising.

Third many MLM's offer a single product/service or line of products and services that are only available through there representatives. This means that a new representative will need to be a fairly good sales person in order to make any money. Here is an analogy that may explain my reasoning better. You walk into a generic store that sells many products, lets call it "Good Stuff" for this example. You went to "Good Stuff " to buy some mouth wash. You go to the mouth wash section and see the name brands like Scope, Listerine, etc. You also see "Good Stuff" brand mouth wash and it claims to be as good or better than the name brands at killing germs. Unless you really want to support "Good Stuff" or they have an amazing deal on the product you will probably buy the more trusted name brand because you will feel confident that you are getting a quality mouth wash. Now apply this to any MLM company promoting a product that they manufacture or service they supply. You as the representative now have to convince people why they should stop buying name brand products and start buying your "Good Stuff" products. Don't forget that most MLM products are of equal or greater price but claim to be better quality. This will probably be a hard sell especially when they can buy the name brands at most stores without having to listen to a sales pitch.

As for me, I first heard of an MLM opportunity from a very good friend of mine. He told me that his Aunt and her two friends started 7 months prior and were doing really well. He said he didn't get involved at the time because his wife didn't think it was a good idea. But the opportunity was introduced to him again this time by his good friend and fellow co-worker at a mortgage firm. He asked if I wanted to go to a meeting, and since he was my good friend I did. I went in with a defensive mind set and intended to find any flaws in the business plan that I could. The business plan made sense and after the meeting I started researching the company and other MLM companies. I found this company to be unique in that it offered products and services that I used already. For example cell phone plans through all the major providers, savings on groceries, restaurants, electronics, and more. I saw negative reviews, but they were all from people expecting large amounts of money very quickly with little or no investment. I know that it takes money to make money as well as a good work ethic. The startup cost was very reasonable, much less than I was already invested in starting my own internet business from scratch, and the products and services were name brand and used by everyone I knew daily.

So after my research of MLM I have found this company to be the best and actually have good potential. I recommend researching any opportunity you come across for yourself, including this one, and make sure you are willing to put some effort into whatever you decide is right for you. MLM is not for everyone, but the potential is there as long as you are confident in yourself and in the MLM you choose. If you want to see my choice MLM company click "My FHTM site" and explore it for yourself. The other links are direct ways to see some specific examples of what this company offers.
  14. ddiger

ddiger New Member

I think your MLM success is directly related to your belief level & who your sponsors are.
    Lets put it this way if you start out right off the bat, saying its may not work...guess what it won't.

I don't care which MLM we are talking about...
    The ones that truly see the opportunity for what it is, & works it will make money, for the lazy ones who get in for 30 days and their MLM doesn't work, should not have joined in the first place.

I'm not here to pump or trash any mlm company, but every one I tried I succeeded at because I worked at it. If the companies comp plan was no good then I looked around for another one, untill I found the one I'm with now.

Is it going to work? Yes, because I'm making it work.
  15. WARRANTIES4LESS

Good points.

As with all businesses, if you don't have the confidence you will succeed, you won't, it is that simple. Most people quit MLM before they start due to the constant get rich quick theme of the industry. In most cases, people are not prepared to succeed, so they don't. If you introduce someone on the dream of instant riches, you will lose 99.9% of them within the first three months once reality slaps them in the face.

This is called attrition, and it is the number one reason most fail, they cannot deal with working so hard to see it all go to waste. In fact, this impacts even the best of networkers for most hit the wall in 18 months when even the best will see attrition eating into their incomes month by month. Once this reverse effect dominates, they usually move on, hence, further erosion of reputations of many MLM companies.

Make no mistake, this is a tough business model for most to succeed in, so my best advice is to not tell everyone you will make X amount in X timeframe. Say it like it is, you work, you get paid, no free ride on the backs of others will allow you to reach your dream of financial freedom, it takes work, long and hard work, plus patience. I have always said, what grows too fast will never last, and I have seen this a hundred times, so beware of false illusions and you will have a better chance of success.

Where most MLM deals fail is they do not structure their business models around success, other than their own, such as breakage, a term many MLM's bank on. Sadly, most companies will construct their compensation plans to insure most fail, not the opposite, and the reasons are clear, they know most will fail, so they want to grab as much up front as possible from new member. Amazing, but very few companies will deviate from this old MLM model.

You have to allow a person enough time to see the small income on their efforts without stealing from them by hitting them with high price starter kits, websites, back office support, training, never mind mandatory auto ship in order to earn commissions. Too many expenses will scare off most potential MLMers, and this is why attrition is worst enemy of industry.

Leverage is the key to success in all businesses. This is even more true with MLM as I see it. Like in options or FOREX, leverage is where you can more quickly build your wealth portfolio, so nothing comes close to MLM business model when it comes to leverage. If you can stick it out, and not quit, there are few other options when a person does not have thousands to invest than getting started with a good MLM, so research it, do it, and don't quit are the true keys to success in your own business.

Good luck to all, Mike
  16. MAP

MAP New Member

Very good points Mike and many others in this thread!

I agree that a company will make it on their products first...products have to be value oriented in the customers mind and what is needed or failure is eminent. A very close second for me is Customer support, whether that is for customers buying products or business partners in that company. 3rd for me is the compensation and strength of the company...is the business positioning itself for long term. So many companies these days fail terribly on this point and need to focus more there.

Take care

John
  17. Aspire

Aspire New Member

madmatz: many legitimate MLM's are structured in such a way that it takes a very long time to start making any significant residual income

I have found this is the case when you structure your business on "End Users" and encourage this person to find other "end users" or sell the product to earn a commission. This also contributes to the huge failure rate in MLM when inappropriate training is given.

I use to be this way but I changed my focus to seeking people interested in the business aspect of MLM. They have a higher life expectancy than "End Users" and usually seek others like themselves thus making your business move faster and offer rewards faster. - it works!!!

MAP: a company will make it on their products first

Yes - if they are seeking distributors who are "End Users"

If they have a good product, but their main focus is offering a financial solution to people, this company will grow faster than one simply pushing the product.

I know that product needs to be sold to allow commissions to flow through the system, but ask yourself this question.....

Q. would you prefer to work like crazy and eventually get 100 "End Users" as distributors....... Or would you prefer to get TWO switched on people interested in building a successful business and get them to get two etc. etc.?

I know which one I have chosen...

Regards
    Paul
  18. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

Yes, there are many strategies when starting to build your business, no matter which one you choose, it is all about the building process.

You first want to find a company with a real product, preferably one that is exclusive or unique, never mind offers true value, then you know your efforts won't go to waste building a team.

Having evaluated thousands of businesses over the years, the one thing that remains consistent is being persistant. You really do have to spend most of your time building once you have your initial investment covered, as in cost to join, product purchase, etc., then your advertising budget, once you have your basic expenses covered, build, build and build some more.

Leverage is the only route to financial success, not selling products yourself, but teaching others to do it will pay off the best in the long term, but only if you have a low cost of entry with a product or service of quality and value will this work. Too many resort to hype to overcome the lack of value and quality of products or services offered, so they pump the money first, bad mistake in my opinion.

Good luck to all, Mike
  19. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Internet based information products offer a good value and there is no limit to who you can sponsor anywhere in the world. The product must be unique and offer value, to keep a person involved even if they were not making any money or sponsoring anyone. If you know of something like this let me know.
  20. WARRANTIES4LESS

jschuman: Internet based information products offer a good value and there is no limit to who you can sponsor anywhere in the world. The product must be unique and offer value, to keep a person involved even if they were not making any money or sponsoring anyone. If you know of something like this let me know.

Interesting,

No doubt, many online have done well selling information, and I agree, value of information must be there, but really, how often are any of these ebooks worth anything? I have seen thousands, and in every case, the only ones making the money are those who are pushing it through affiliate system.

Everyone has the latest and greatest ebook, and usually they are based on making money, but how many people ever convert these to money in their own bank accounts? Good value? Depends, but not in my book, and with thousands out there, I would bet I can find the content of every one of them for free with a little investment of time.

Keeping someone involved without the lure of money is next to impossible, just as it is for most when there is a lure of money. lol

Good luck to all, Mike