Totally Lost!!

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by blackm, Sep 6, 2007.

1. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: goldmillsThen, as success follows in the duplication process, people make money, get more confidence, get more proficient on their computers, get more courage, get more experience, see more on the web, THEN AND ONLY THEN... do you teach online lead generation to a team mate. Later you teach them how to create leads at will using the net, cause now....

LOVE IT JEFF! That is exactly how my own business developed, and why I now teach exactly that to my team members. Duplicate and THEN get creative with all the different choices and options for marketing out there!

It is hard enough to start a business, especially one from home- dead on-- I remember having a team member say to me "I went to the computer depot today and got one. Its really nice, its BLACK and shiny!! I plugged it in. How do I make it work??". I would say that the great MAJORITY of people are only having basic computer skills (in other words, send and email, that is about it- that was about the limit of my own skills too), and little to NO experience owning and running a business or being self employed/motivated. So that is enough.. KISS it and exactly right...

crawl first and then it gets to skipping along!

Cheers

Jani
  2. rhondap

rhondap New Member

Wow Jeff,

So well said!!!!! Love it.

As Dani says it is NOT about YOU (meaning us) so.........what you said was dead on which is this -

Quoting: goldmillsTHE MASSES ARE NOT LIKE US. They confuse easliy with information overload which creates paralysis of analysis very quickly.

We live on and with the net daily. They don't, they wait a week to check their email, we wait every 4 minutes.

The newbies barely know how to check their emails and turn their computers on, or know where to type in a URL in their browser, if they even know what a browser is.

They do not live here like we do, doing what we do cause it is all new to them.

Seriously... Once you realize this, it takes off the pressure of teaching people how to generate their own leads as first rule of thumb.
  3. asebf

asebf New Member

Quoting: goldmillsYou must first crawl before you walk, then you walk, then you skip, and then you .....

RRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
    Amen

ya got to KISS
  4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Very well said Jeff!!

We've seen alot of conversations that THIS way is best, THAT way is best and the like. I've even had people who said that it was bad for me to suggest that buying leads was the best way to start your coastal business.

Well....when a pro makes a MAJOR move like you have, it makes people begin to QUESTION alot about what others are teaching and saying....but I'll simply say. I respect your Integrity and I respect you as a business owner, a person and a marketer.

God Bless

Jay NaPier
  5. Bill D

Bill D New Member

I agree that all of the different ways/methods available for a Coastal member to market their business can be confusing to the new member. I believe that this is where it is the DIRECTORS responsibility to their new member to guide them thru this maze of information.

Jeff, while you were with WCYS your weekly conference calls were brilliant. It enabled the members both new and old to hear and see what others were doing and what was successful. You also took the time to show them using GOTOMEETING how to do it as well. This enabled the members to physically see what you are talking about and ultimately ACT on it. This is what I mean about time spent with the new member.

This at least was a guide for them. If the new member is given a pat on the back after taking his/her money and told to educate themselves and try a method they feel most comfortable with it is no wonder we have these problems. Granted some folks simply don't listen nor follow directions. I do not expect Directors to babysit their new members BUT I would expect them to spend the time and give them the proper guidance necessary to succeed.

There are too many directors out there who believe/feel that the various groups that have the "members calls" are great BUT that is not where the Directors responsibility to their new member ends. Think about that for a second, now think about this. They OWE you 2 pass up sales. This is money in your pocket that cost not a single dime to generate yet IT does require your time. This is what seperates alot of directors both in this forum and those who are not. Could this be the problem? Are some directors not spending enough time with their members and spending too much time finding new members. It is no wonder Directors are not seeing their downline succeed. If they are not successful you don't get the pass up sales. This more the merrier mentality is leaving alot of orphans out there. These orphans are frustrated and speaking out in an environment such as this forum.

This forum was traditionally used for prospects looking into Coastal to educate themselves. Ask your self this, having read some of these Coastal threads over the last few weeks/months all that you read is about the difficulty existing members are having with their business would you buy? YET we expect the folks who are investigating the Coastal opportunity to buy into it after having read some of these posts? In simple terms we need to clean up our act/image on this forum.

This forum has pointed out the real value in leads, wether you buy them or generate them, at one point or another you have to speak with them. The point I am making is if there are 1 or 10 or 144 different ways to market your business it all comes down to calling them and talking to them.

If you don't like calling or talking to different people about this Coastal opportunity maybe you should find another line of work. Eventually, IF you join, you WILL have to speak with them. Even if you use the Call Center like I do, you still have to speak with the member eventually.

This is the root of the problem; people are afraid to make that call, once they get over that fear it becomes 2nd nature. Here is a colorful analogy that all parents will understand. When you had children did you like to or know how to change a diaper(or nappy for our UK readers)? Of course not but you got over it quickly. Eventually you did it almost in your sleep. There is nothing different with calling leads, after all there are already scripts written for you.

The real problem becomes the time spent making the calls. From what I have been reading/hearing about Cita Link Live Caller/Autodialers, the time involved is being cut down dramatically allowing the member to maximize their time spent making these calls. This is great for those folks who are starting their business on a part time basis. They have jobs already but want to improve their quality of life. If the time needed to get your business running was cut down we would probably see ALOT more members signing up. I spend alot of time on the phone making calls and ALOT of my time is wasted. I also use Contacttalk to cut down on the time spent but that only goes so far regarding making the calls

I would love to hear more from the folks already using Citalink, after all isn't Coastal about TIME FREEDOM?

Best Wishes during this Holiday Season

Bill Decker
    443-244-2118
  6. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Jeff

thank you for your response, but I think you said it well....in a room of 400-500 members, half had joined coastal vacations as a result of being a lead.

Which means that the other half DID NOT. You understand the numbers as well as I do, over 90% of coastal members are purchasing leads to build their businesses, which means that less than 10% are not, like me for instance (I have not purchased leads for myself in well over 5 years). A simple mathematical equation shows that less than 10% of coastal directors are making 50% of the sales....

wow....

so what is it that we are doing? Jeff you personally have written a whole bunch of press releases and blog entries lately, I continue to build my business with blogs, ezine ads, ads on high traffic websites, articles and such.

I am teaching my group to do the same.

Yes it's not an easy learning curve, who wants to do work when it's easier to buy leads and then complain about the results.

Just today a very powerful report was released by Ellie Drake and Mike Filsaime, on guess what....

The Death of Network Marketing...yes, if these guys are writing about it, I would definitely spend 10 minutes reading it.

You can find a link on my blog ...
    ibizniz dot blog dot com

there is nothing to buy, the report is free, but seriously, you should be generating your own leads and following up with the tools that are available to most of us on the net.

Following up is the key and I don't mean phone calls.

I hope this helps
    maria Porter
    Level 3 director
    P.S. I do not want to discredit you Jeff, but I also don't want people reading your post thinking that they are failures because they did not become directors within 72 hours. With all the information available on the web, I have found that the Average person takes at least a week or 2 to decide whether coastal vacations is for them. Most people are not waiting to release 4 thousand dollars from their bank accounts within 24 to 72 hrs. Just my 2 cents here.
  7. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Awesome feedback from everyone, appreciate the nods and that you all had something to contribute to the discussion.

I love internet marketing, big time. I still generate and do my own lead generation, but ...

Here is what I discovered...

The more you teach people to learn AT FIRST.. the more they have to learn and the less time they have to DO.

So, what that means is if you are going to teach ANYTHING... it does not have to be buying leads as a first step. Just have a first step which is duplicatable and get action happening on that first step as soon as possible.

I just happen to believe by reaching out and grabbing the phone, I am gonna have a better chance now, than trying to build a blog, post to it and wait for traffic to come, one day.... (wait and see approach) vs. go and get it, make it happen now approach.

I have more control over the leads this way by directing them to information, and then following up to see if they are taking direction or wasting my time.

PPC can turn a quick lead, after the new member will spend some time getting familiar with the PPC system's set up and tools. PPC is a good lead generation method, but only a few people can reign in at the top of the list. Most lose their shirt with this method, which is why you see the leaders yo yo all the time in PPC. I don't PPC anymore. Cause if I put all of my team in PPC, I would create massive competition and only a small % would generate leads.

Same with SEO, same thing would happen if I taught everyone how to get to the top, then we'd all be at the top and people would eventually be pushed down to pages 2 and 3 and beyond and it would not be as effective anymore.

All this online stuff creates direct competition and confusion with a lead seeking a director.. now they have a choice and a confused mind never makes a decision or the best one.

By using and calling leads and holding their hands through the process, they'll never ever feel the need to SNIFF OUT others or better directors and seek out the Guru online, they'll do what they are told and just follow directions.

Calling leads can take some time too! Must order a scirptbook, wait for it to come, learn it, read it, listen to it.. so ya, it takes sometime to learn that too.

But MASTER ONE TECHNIQUE then MASTER ANOTHER, and soon, you have an arsenal of techniques that you know work.

BUT....

I don't teach my team to do all this until there are other things happening first.

SELF DEVELOPMENT is the key. Some systems and techniques which promote lottery mindset, ROB PEOPLE of improving their lives, and belief systems, by teaching them technique based marketing instead of wholistic marketing.

I do believe you have to speak to and train the mind on issues to WHY we do a business, the Reasons we are in the situations we are in, before we got started and correct those thoughts and beliefs as soon as possible and replace them with action and new skills and of course, new beliefs.

I like Dani Johnson as my trainer and team trainer who does all the head job stuff with my group, so I can keep doing internet stuff online for me, while she fixes people's heads and gets them prepared for battle and ready to attack.

Making money is not the real solution. We think it is.. but is is not the be all end all. WHY do we make money, what will we do with the money? How many people will you feed, how many churches will you build, how many debts will you pay off for someone else with your wealth... man.. that what this is really all about people...

So, again, nice to hear your opinions, agreements, disagreements and thanks for contributing to this thread to help people find solutions.
  8. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: goldmillsPPC can turn a quick lead, after the new member will spend some time getting familiar with the PPC system's set up and tools. PPC is a good lead generation method, but only a few people can reign in at the top of the list. Most lose their shirt with this method, which is why you see the leaders yo yo all the time in PPC. I don't PPC anymore. Cause if I put all of my team in PPC, I would create massive competition and only a small % would generate leads.

Alot of folks have seen that I do PPC, but don't know how I'm doing it or...they order some coarse and THINK they are a master at it. Well, I've been very blessed, the ONLY real challenge I've had is when Google changed something in the way the links work and all of a sudden for 3 weeks all my PPCs went to an error page. I get several calls from nice folks who were letting me know...but each time I checked the website it was up.

I lost $3500 in PPC that week. Do not pass go, do not collect $200....you get my point.

I do well financial with this business, but I want everyone to know that I've REALLY been in a personal development stage of my life. I believe the EVERTHING we do brings us an education IF you are willing to learn.

Succes in this business or any business that is all NUMBERS related...IE: I'm in this to make $200K a year....that's temporary. Focusing INSTEAD on the bigger picture will pay you WAY BIGGER.

I'm now focused on Leaving a Legacy. I want the things I've done with this life to go on WAY after I'm gone.

If you've ever learned ANYTHING from me....I'm honored to have helped.

God Bless

Jay NaPier
  9. asebf

asebf New Member

3 men (bricklayers) were asked what they were doing. The first bricklayer answered "I am laying bricks".

The 2nd answered "I am building a wall".

The 3rd answered "I am building a cathedral".

So, are you making phone calls or sending your clients' children to Harvard?