TraVerus Travel work from home opportunity

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by CSGWAHM, Jan 14, 2007.

1. missv

missv New Member

hi,

I am interested in joining traverus travel as a part time job (i love to travel and need extra $$)... can anyone tell me the main difference between an RTA and a CTA? i'd like to be the CTA but right now its expensive. Didn't they have an upgrade promo before?

Thanks for any info! [​IMG]
  2. utopiagirl

utopiagirl New Member

Hi MissV,
    RTA= referal travel agent. You can book trips through corporate.
    CTA= certified travel agent. You can book direct through suppliers or have client book through your booking portal.
    Our promo right now is as follows: $99.95 to join as a RTA. $100 to upgrade to CTA. That promo is good until May 31. (we did have an upgrade promo for $50 that ended in March/April).
    I can tell you my experience with Traverus has been absolutely incredible! I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have!
    Michelle
  3. utopiagirl

utopiagirl New Member

queenrachel16,
    do you market online at all? ie: youtube, myspace, blog, etc?
    Michelle
    [Link removed - Admin]
    CTA-Traverus Travel Network
  4. queenrachel16

queenrachel16 New Member

Not even sure how to do that? Shoot! I see I missed someone who is interested in it. [​IMG]
  5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Hi Traverus members!

I am needing a Traverus heavyhitter for a new program that will be one of the best travel addons for your Traverus business you will ever here about. It will increase your Traverus business tenfold, if you are a Traverus superstar send me a pm please!

Thanks
    Terri
  6. shh_itsme

shh_itsme New Member

Good day. I'm trying to compare Traverus with YTB to see which company offers the best deal for my money. While searching for YTB I stumbled accross glory travel which lead me to TraVerus. Can anyone give me any details regarding how income is generated? It seems as with most of these companies income is generated based on how many other people you can get to subscribe. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  7. golfandtravel

golfandtravel New Member

shh_itsme: Can anyone give me any details regarding how income is generated? It seems as with most of these companies income is generated based on how many other people you can get to subscribe.

Yes, this is true. If you are looking at many of the travel programs, the truth is most of them are geared towards recruiting more agents and that's how you make the bulk of your income.

I personally looked at all the different kinds of travel programs out there and found a lot of surprising things. I won't go into programs like Coastal and the like because this thread is about YTB and Traverus and there are other threads for them.

The reality is this. Do your research. If you truly want to be a travel agent, there are much better ways to do this - and cheaper. There are travel agencies out there that focus just on travel. They provide training, seminars with vendors, 24/7 support, etc. They have no other side programs to make you money. The best part? Many of these companies don't charge anything for you to become a travel agent. Yes, that's right, they charge zero. Why? They want you to be a travel agent, not anything else. They will train you and support you and when you book travel, you make money and they make money. It's simple. You can even make higher commission rates than YTB and Traverus. All this and more, without any fees to join. So, why pay to be a travel agent?

Why am I posting this? People need to know the facts. If you want to be just a travel agent (and not a agent recruiter), save your money and find a company that focuses on helping you be a travel agent, and nothing else.
  8. emmjay

emmjay New Member

ssh_itsme,
    Depending on your location you must be careful with Traverus as they are in 96 countries I believe but not able to operate properly in all these countries.I was with them for a few months and made a bit of money and the potential is there.The problem for me is that here in Canada you are only able to refer travel to corporate and not book directly with the suppliers.What this means is that you are only able to make 20% of the commisionable rate.For example:16% commision paid to Traverus on a $1000 cruise is $160 of which you would make $32 versus the $112 you would make as a CTA which by the way means nothing here in Canada.My biggest complaint was the fact that I was allowed to pay for and take the CTA test by Traverus with them knowing full well that I could not use it as they did not send me my CTA card.Saying all this I think if you are in the US it is most likely fine with exception to a couple of states.
  9. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

shh_itsme: Good day. I'm trying to compare Traverus with YTB to see which company offers the best deal for my money. While searching for YTB I stumbled accross glory travel which lead me to TraVerus. Can anyone give me any details regarding how income is generated? It seems as with most of these companies income is generated based on how many other people you can get to subscribe. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have sent you a pm [​IMG]
  10. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Well great news!
    Our promotion has been extended a month!
    This is great for people looking to join and agents who are having a blast promoting non-stop!

Welcome Trisna and Stacey to the Traverus family!
  11. missv

missv New Member

Thank you Utopiagirl! If I go for the RTA, can I upgrade to the CTA later on? too bad i missed the $50 upgrade to CTA! Anyone knows If that promo will be back?

cybermommy--- what promo are you talking about? can you send me the link to that promo?

Thank you!

~Vanessa
    luv2travel, luv2earn
  12. cfere

cfere New Member

Missy,
    The June promo is the same as May's: $50 sign up and $49.95 web site fee = $99.95. I hope that helps.
  13. emmjay

emmjay New Member

missv,if you wait it out the promo will run again.They always do as the regular price has only been in place for 1 or 2 months in the last 10 months.otherwise there has always ben a promo of some sort.
  14. cfere

cfere New Member

I wouldn't wait and see, though. That's kind of bad advice. The price will go up. If she wants to build a team, do it while the price is stll this low.
  15. emmjay

emmjay New Member

I was not referring to the promo price to join but the promo to upgrade.This is a forum for people to get the facts.I was with Traverus for 10 months starting in August 07 and in those 10 months there were only 2 months where it was regular price to join.Furthermore to let the truth be known if you are in the US Traverus can be a great money maker.On the other hand if you are in Canada like I am it is border line illegal.The reason for this is that we can not book with the suppliers which leaves us with virtually no product and we are then in a situation where all of our earnings are from recruiting.This is illegal in Canada and recently other mlm's have been charged.Traverus knowingly took my $50 to upgrade to CTA,let me take my test,had me email my passport photo in for my ID and never sent me the ID which was most likely due to the fact that they did not want me flashing a Traverus ID around here in Canada.This is just the facts from my own personal experience.
  16. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

As far I know there are 3 provinces in Canada where you can't book directly with suppliers as in CTA, but that is something that David Manning is planning to discuss with the minister of tourism.

Only 3 provinces are affected by this.

If anyone in Canada lives in on ofthose provinces affected he/he can still join Traverus at RTA level a book through their website and earn 70% commissions.
  17. emmjay

emmjay New Member

I was informed via a support ticket to the office that we are only able to refer travel in Canada which pays 20% of the commisionable earnings..This was also confirmed by a high level person on the field leadership team..The Canadian government is cracking down on mlm's here with no viable product.They do not seem to have a problem with the health and wellness mlm's which do not interest me.It is unlikely that David will be able to resolve this issue if he has not been able to do so to date.Don't get me wrong Traverus is a good money maker in the US and other countries where you can book direct.I personally do not want to end up on the wrong side of the law nor do I want to see any fellow Canadians in the same boat.
  18. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

emmjay:
    I was not referring to the promo price to join but the promo to upgrade.This is a forum for people to get the facts.I was with Traverus for 10 months starting in August 07 and in those 10 months there were only 2 months where it was regular price to join.Furthermore to let the truth be known if you are in the US Traverus can be a great money maker.On the other hand if you are in Canada like I am it is border line illegal.The reason for this is that we can not book with the suppliers which leaves us with virtually no product and we are then in a situation where all of our earnings are from recruiting.This is illegal in Canada and recently other mlm's have been charged.Traverus knowingly took my $50 to upgrade to CTA,let me take my test,had me email my passport photo in for my ID and never sent me the ID which was most likely due to the fact that they did not want me flashing a Traverus ID around here in Canada.This is just the facts from my own personal experience.

WOW!! All this time Traverus had everyone thinking that all was perfect in Canada. I remember when YTB Canada opened in February and Traverus reps were saying that they COULD call themselves Travel Agents because they were in 96 countries.
    This is very interesting.
  19. Gailtravel

Gailtravel New Member

utopiagirl: RTA= referal travel agent. You can book trips through corporate.
    CTA= certified travel agent. You can book direct through suppliers or have client book through your booking portal.
    Our promo right now is as follows: $99.95 to join as a RTA. $100 to upgrade to CTA. That promo is good until May 31. (we did have an upgrade promo for $50 that ended in March/April).
    I can tell you my experience with Traverus has been absolutely incredible! I'll be glad to answer any other questions you have!
    Michelle

In YTB an RTA can book both through the booking engine and with the suppliers/vendors.
  20. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

There seems to be a misunderstanding and I went to upline with regards to this query.
    You can join as a CTA in Canada except for 3 provinces.

So essentially you CAN join i Canada as a CTA and network and sell travel bar the three provinces.
    David Manning is in the process of speaking with the minister of tourism about the provinces concerned.

I know my sponsor Jessica has several agents in Canada who are working very well with the business.

[ Discussion continued at Traverus continued... ]