Trying to Work at Home Dad.

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by ahgow8882, May 1, 2009.

1. cash4anthony

cash4anthony New Member

Hi ahgow,

Same boat as you many years back...tell you something, I haven't work for anyone for the last 6yrs!

Take things in your stride, all will work out fine.

We can catch up for kopi when free, we are in the same country! [​IMG]

Take care,

2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Too many are losing their shirt with adwords, without being in position to go thru the learning curve of adwords or search engine marketing. It certainly is not an instant riches marketing strategy.

As a full time stay at home Dad and professional. I've learned after several years that while online marketing has its rewards it is very time consuming and often not predictive, especially with free advertising strategies.

I've increased my cash flow rather quickly by getting into offline marketing, particularly with postcards. Combining offline techniques with online marketing strategies has opened the doors to great profits and better networking business building.

3. jeffohora

jeffohora New Member

Angie that's some good perspective.

When one reads through the various posts and promotions, it can easily overwhelm a person new to the Internet as a venue for building a stream of income.

Adwords and similar such programs can be very expensive. Before the sun sets today, there will be hundreds- probably thousands of postings from people who have spent lots and lots of money trying to build a business on-line with only lost savings to show for it. Worse- there will be plenty who have borrowed to try to make it happen only to find themselves deeper in debt. [​IMG]

Even more difficult to navigate and actually make a profit on is the volume of "information" opportunities- those programs with ever escalating buy-ins for the next e-book of details on how to make a fortune (getting others to buy the deal you just bought). By and large, it's information available for free on the world wide web if one is willing to dig around a little.

Making money in a work-from-home scenario is most certainly doable. Making real residual income for a protracted period of time (5+ years or more) working from home, now that requires a lot more substance than you'll likely find in any of the information selling opportunities!

Best of success to one and all!

Jeff

4. newcash101

newcash101 New Member

One key element is finding a good mentor. If that's not an option do tons of research, in the end you may have to turn 5 -10 resources into your one mentor. Remember there are secrets to everything and most people (even on WAHF) will not give you much to go on unless they are benefiting also. Good Luck..

5. shaun

shaun New Member

Hi All I wanted stop and say G'day to everyone here because Im a Dad. I have 3 kids and anotehr one due in jan 2009 ...taht'll be 4 kids AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Lets All Make Childcare History !!!!

6. shaun

shaun New Member

ahgow8882: Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice, I have after almost 6 months I have found a program the that for the past 3 months have income of US $400 - US $ 500.

Would go on to explore more for an higher Income ( My GOAL is to hit US $5000,00 per/mth).

Give me all the support I needed.

Really feel good to have cash into my paypal account every month.

Money give me power,drive and strenght to go on and of cause my family - wife and 3 kids 7,10,11.

Thanks to All for your advice and encouragement.

From working from home dad.
    ahgow

Congratulations...good to hear this sort of thing. Keep going and dont give up!!

7. shaun

shaun New Member

Drewski....this post scored pretty high on my spam-o-meter !

8. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

profiting4less: If you want a business, treat it as such: Do not take for granted that it is a home based business. Set up an office somewhere in your house where you can work with little to no distraction. The most sucessful earners put in more hours (to begin with) then the average 8-5. Far more.
    Well said, work your business, don't make it a hope for success. People think that there's an easy road, while factors such as compensation plans and structures do come into play as to the income production of a home business, failing to work your business can't make you any money regardless of the business and its comp plan.

If you are not a full time stay at home business person then you need to set a schedule and go to work on a daily basis or every other day. Most people don't do this and most people therefore don't succeed when they actually could if they put in the work like they do their job.

9. mbrown

mbrown New Member

There's no doubt a home business, online and even offline has to have set business hours. It will only work if we are willing to work.

There is a consistent learning cycle involved and it helps to be opened minded so that we are able to learn new skills.

Just look at the wealth of knowledge that was shared in this one thread from the beginning. This is some real time valuable stuff.

Best wishes to all,
    Marco [​IMG]

10. JamieB34

JamieB34 New Member

ahgow Stay strong things will get better.

Owning a website is a first step to making money online. There are many different affiliate programs out there that pay really well. Way more than adsense.

If you are looking to earn really nice with adsense you might consider the approach of buying or building 20 - 100 websites with adsense on them.

If you own a 100 websites earning $1 each a day thats $100 a day = $3000 a month and if they were earning $3 each per day that would triple of course to $9000 a month.

This is a very reasonable approach taken by many webmasters including myself. I make a very decent living using adsense and amazon affiliates.

Startup websites can be purchased for less than $100 in many cases and a good place to start looking in my opinion would be SitePaw.com They have quite a few websites over there for less than $100 each and the owner also does bulk deals if you want those you should contact him via their contact form .. I think its like 5 websites on the niches you choose and he buys the domains and builds those all 5 sites for you with your affiliate ids installed and ready to go for only $350 Not too bad at all.

Best of Luck!

11. Shanec

Shanec New Member

The only other adivice I would give would be to see if you can find a good mentor to help you get started in whatever area of online business you want to go.

When I started a few years ago, I found Chris Farrell and joined his website (unfortunately there is a cost). Although I paid a monthly fee, the education I got was worth way more than i paid. It really only took me a few months to make more than I was spending on his website.

Bottom line is finding a good mentor is the best way to go in starting any business.

Check out the forum here that talks about Chris Farrell's website if you have any interest!