Tupperware

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by eaglegene, May 11, 2011.

1. eaglegene Member

I wanted to ask if anyone is or has been involved with Tupperware and how well it worked for them? My fiance and i started our own Tupperware biz 2 months ago and things are going extremely good. My fiance used to sell the stuff back in the 80's & 90's and made a killing on it. Just starting it up recently we are booked every weekend from now thru June. Everytime we do a party we get 2-3 more leads for other parties. If i didnt see this for myself i never woulda believed it. With me recently losing my job this has been a Godsend. By the end of the year we will be doing parties on weekdays as well as weekends and we hope to build it up to a lucrative fulltime business. Just saying that from my experience thus far, this works. Women go nuts for this stuff. lol.
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

eaglegene: My fiance
    Sounds like you got a good one there!
    I bet you are the star attraction at those Tupperware parties.
    Nice to have some real social capital and not just on line.
    Those kind of connections are invaluable.
    I like Tupperware too, it's not just a girl's toy.
    Great storage for tools, nuts and bolts, etc.
    Didn't even know they still did parties.
    Glad to hear it's working for you.
  3. eaglegene Member

Well i just go to the parties and my finace hosts them. She is a natural. I do the backend of the biz like send in the orders, website, emails, promo etc etc. It sells like crazy. Got a party this Week with 30 people. Sunday have one with 10. Then the following Wednesday have another one 25 and 2 parties of 10+ea saturday & Sunday. June is half booked already. Will be fully booked by the end of this weekend. We went to a car show 2 weeks or so ago and booked 3 parties from that alone. The stuff literally sells itself....
  4. talfighel Silver Member

I have never personally heard of them.

What I would suggest you do is to do a search for them on the major search engines to see what others think about them.
  5. Just2EZ Gold Member

talfighel: I have never personally heard of them.
    Very funny, Tupperware not in Canada? Pretty sure they are worldwide.
    They have been an American icon since the 1950's with almost 2 million reps!
    Check your kitchen cabinets Tal, any plastic food storage containers?
    Good chance they say Tupperware on a few.
    Thanks for the laugh first thing today.
  6. talfighel Silver Member

Just2EZ: Very funny, Tupperware not in Canada? Pretty sure they are worldwide.
    They have been an American icon since the 1950's with almost 2 million reps!
    Check your kitchen cabinets Tal, any plastic food storage containers?
    Good chance they say Tupperware on a few.
    Thanks for the laugh first thing today.
    No, really I have never heard of them. Maybe I am still living in a cave somewhere....[IMG]
  7. eaglegene Member

Tupperware is worldwide and yes they are in Canada. Its predominantly a female business though some guys do sell it. I just help my girl and let her do the selling. I handle the rest.

I have never heard a negative thing about them or their payout plan. I was curious what the feedback was on here if anyone is or was associated with them.

You basically sell the product and try to get recruits, which at every party someone is interested in being a Tupperware consultant. Payout starts at 25% of retail sales plus a percentage of what your recruits earn. Partys last 2-3 hoursand average earnings are $100+. Thats figuring you get a minimum of 8-10 people at your party and they purchase atleast $50 worth of tupperware which always happens. EVERY party leads to other party bookings and possible recruits. Its a profitable business if any guys out there wanna get their wives involved. Just have to be an outgoing and personable type person.
  8. dawnmo New Member

Tupperware seems to really be hot right now. I wonder what they've done differently? I don't know much about the company but my friends who are reps are very, very busy and have a great time with it.
  9. eaglegene Member

Thanks for your feedback dawnmo...

One thing i know that is different between now and 20 years ago is that most everything is done online. When my girl used to do it her family was a distributor with a huge warehouse. Now you just order directly from Tupperware.

Otherwise i dont believe much else has changed. Its a great product and lots of women use it. I do find that women between their 20's-40's are the main market, especially single women with children. Alot of the older people over 50 dont seem much interested.
  10. eaglegene Member

Interesting day today. One party that was for saturday rescheduled for next week and then they booked another partty for a friend. So out of a cancellation and reschedule we got another party.
  11. FreeCashMan Active Member

Tupperware has some nice products. Long standing company. Essentially direct sales.

I'm glad to here of you and in your fiancee's success. It's always a pleasure to see people achieving working from home.

Just remember to diversify. Locking yourself into one home income stream is no different than banking on one's job. Things can happen, as you saw with your job and this holds true to home businesses no matter how great, long standing, etc.
  12. eaglegene Member

FreeCashMan: Tupperware has some nice products. Long standing company. Essentially direct sales.

I'm glad to here of you and in your fiancee's success. It's always a pleasure to see people achieving working from home.

Just remember to diversify. Locking yourself into one home income stream is no different than banking on one's job. Things can happen, as you saw with your job and this holds true to home businesses no matter how great, long standing, etc.
    Thanks. Yes i am diversifying. I am also into Real Time Pain Relief. Hope to build that up as well. [IMG]
  13. westfam11 Member

I used to sell it years ago. It did really well but I just got tired of lugging everything in and out of my car and having to be out n the evenings.

But it sounds great if you can do it together, that would have made a difference with me, having someone to help with it.

I am glad you are having success. Sounds like a winner for you and your fiance.
  14. eaglegene Member

westfam11: I used to sell it years ago. It did really well but I just got tired of lugging everything in and out of my car and having to be out n the evenings.

But it sounds great if you can do it together, that would have made a difference with me, having someone to help with it.

I am glad you are having success. Sounds like a winner for you and your fiance.
    What we did with that is just keep everything in the trunk in a suitcase w/wheels. We have a "milk crate" type filing system that we keep our papers/flyers/forms etc in & that we can move easily but otherwise we have a pretty good system now. I agree though, not too sure how my fiance would be doing if she had to do all this by herself but together it does make a difference. I would say its 50/50 between day and night time parties. Most of our weekend parties are around 2-3pm and last about 2-2 1/2hrs. We had a party yesterday for 28 people at 3pm and did extremely well on it. Today we have one at 2pm and pretty much the same times for next weekend. People seem to wanna have them more in the afternoon now.....
  15. mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: No, really I have never heard of them. Maybe I am still living in a cave somewhere....
    hehe - living in a cave... and let me guess, you just don't cook much. [IMG]

I thought you were kidding until I saw this post. I thought EVERYONE knew about Tupperware but then... I am a woman, so go figure.

I love Tupperware myself and hey I am adding a bunch of different businesses to my website so if you want to add a page on Tupperware and try to get some leads that way, let me know and I can send a link to your inbox or something as I can't add it on here.
  16. eaglegene Member

mountainmom5: I love Tupperware myself and hey I am adding a bunch of different businesses to my website so if you want to add a page on Tupperware and try to get some leads that way, let me know and I can send a link to your inbox or something as I can't add it on here.
    Sure send me some info. Always looking to branch out [IMG]
  17. mbasa Member

I love tupperware (both the product and the business). The problem here in South Africa is that the business is still done off-line, which is the only reason I have not joined yet. I've always seen the potential of the biz though1

Good luck to you and your financee!!
  18. eaglegene Member

Thank U mbasa. We had another successful event last night. Made a few sales and booked another party. The remainder of May and every weekend in June is now booked plus we have a few weekday partys in June. Time to work on July [IMG]
  19. happywife Gold Member

Hi Tupperware Reps,

I love my Tupperware and use it all the time. I do have a quick question for you and hoping you could tell me what the current policy is.

Years ago when I was attending parties and buying Tupperware I remember that there was a lifetime warranty on the products. Example, a lid cracked and they would replace it at no charge.

Is that policy still in place? I've had 2 lids (different sizes) simply snap in the last few months (perhaps from our climate) and would love to have them replaced if the policy is still in effect.

I'm looking for a local rep, but won't bother if they've discontinued the policy.

Thanks for any info. you can provide.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  20. eaglegene Member

happywife: Hi Tupperware Reps,

I love my Tupperware and use it all the time. I do have a quick question for you and hoping you could tell me what the current policy is.

Years ago when I was attending parties and buying Tupperware I remember that there was a lifetime warranty on the products. Example, a lid cracked and they would replace it at no charge.

Is that policy still in place? I've had 2 lids (different sizes) simply snap in the last few months (perhaps from our climate) and would love to have them replaced if the policy is still in effect.

I'm looking for a local rep, but won't bother if they've discontinued the policy.

Thanks for any info. you can provide.
    Blessings,
    Angie
    Angie,

Yes they still replace their products free as long as the damage is from normal everyday wear and tear. Contact a local Tupper rep and im sure they can help you out.