Um ... What's Squidoo?

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by juno44444, Dec 17, 2007.

1. moneyforgreene New Member

Newbie Shield - Thanks for the great info! I've bumped into Squidoo so many times, but had no idea exactly what it was or what a lens was. Now that I know, I will need to jump in and set one up! But as someone else said, there is so much on my plate, and as happywife (I think) also said somewhere else to keep focused!!! I'm trying my darndest. But will definitely sign up!
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi MoneyForGreene,

You're welcome. Always bring things to a reasonable close before you take on new projects. Good call. Only do it when you are ready :)

It would be nice if you signed up under my lens with my blue CREATE LENS button near the bottom of my Music Lens (music-resource lens). We can each make an addition 5 bucks per sign up if you do :)

[IMG]

Newbie Shield
  3. CarolinaConsign New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldYou can sign up for free from my sig. I have several blue CREATE LENS buttons throughout both sites. Plus, I have to admit it, my site keeps getting compliments from squidoo staff on it's appearance and extensive development (for a single page). So, right off the bat, if you go to my lens, you can see a good example of a nice lens.

Very cool lens! How long did it take you to add all the content into the Music lens?

Brian
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsignVery cool lens! How long did it take you to add all the content into the Music lens?

Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanx. Seth Godin - the owner of Squidoo - signed my Music Resource lens. He said "Excellent lens". I was quite pleased with that!

It's also up for lens of the day.

It has taken me a couple months on and off to create that much content. I work on it a little almost every day now. I put it up in November. That was my first lens.

Do you have a lens yet? I'm making coop money for each lens and I'm making affiliate sales.

[IMG]

Newbie Shield
  5. CarolinaConsign New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldDo you have a lens yet? I'm making coop money for each lens and I'm making affiliate sales.

I am slowly creating a lens. I haven't hit publish yet. I started with a simple, let's just do one and then I kind of got overwhelmed. So, I put the breaks on the publishing and have gone more to the learning more about it mode. Reviewing yours has been such a help.[IMG]

My family is big into to music, everything from instruments and bands to sound boards and productions. We all have enjoyed what you have created with your lens.

Brian
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: CarolinaConsignI am slowly creating a lens. I haven't hit publish yet. I started with a simple, let's just do one and then I kind of got overwhelmed. So, I put the breaks on the publishing and have gone more to the learning more about it mode. Reviewing yours has been such a help.

My family is big into to music, everything from instruments and bands to sound boards and productions. We all have enjoyed what you have created with your lens.

Brian

Good, I spent a couple weeks learning before I touched a lens. I read a lot of the how to lenses, read Seth Godin's free ebook, and some books on it. Glad to hear you are approaching it the right way.

I'm glad to hear you've benefited from my lens comments and that you've enjoyed one of my lenses.

I wish you luck and enjoyment with your own lenses. Feel free to ask questions.

[IMG]

Newbie Shield
  7. juno44444 New Member

I've put the Squidoo lens on my To Do List and I will come back and read everything here in detail, when I am ready. This is really helpful!
  8. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Whoa, I've only had my first lens since early November and it just got PAGE RANK 4!!! It's my Music Lens - the one that ends in .../music-resource.

By the way, the table of contents in beta. It's a risky black background that starkley contrasts with the lens, but I will be changing the BG color to see what works better. So don't freak out when you see that, lol.

Not only do you get indexed by Google quick and get listed high...now I know that you can get decent page rank in just over 2 months!

My free guitar lessons lens also has a page rank as of today. It's at a PR of 3. Not bad either.

I am totally pumped!!!

[IMG]

Newbie Shield
  9. brazilfarmer New Member

I have just read the whole of this thread and now feel totally inspired to Squidoo, having before not known anything about it, not even what a lens was! Thanks for all the useful info Newbie Shield.
  10. msdee New Member

You guys are so good when it comes to all these different types ofsites, and lens and all that stuff!! I feel like a virgin in here, maybe someone can help me out with just starting up with a home-based-income[IMG]
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Brazil: You're welcome. The other threads in this Squidoo folder contain additional information that you may find helpful. Also, feel free to ask any questions you may have or for guidance on creating a lens.

msdee: You might start with understanding what is involved with online marketing. You might spend several days reading through some of the forum threads to discover the main things you need to know.

Then you might explore some of the online marketing programs that are popular in this forum such as Wealthy Affiliate, SBI, Profit Lance, Honest Riches, or GDI.

After that, you might ask some questions.

Get the education before you try anything out.

Good luck,

[IMG]

~Newbie Shield~