ummm did anyone notice ASD is shut down?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by paxkine, Aug 1, 2008.

1. freebird658

freebird658 Member

Vaussie: paxkine:
    you know what really stinks is that I was reading about some people (here and other forums) that took cash advances/loans from their credit cards to invest in ASD...that has really got to hurt if they don't get it back

Shame on them!!!

I looked at this like going to Vegas... what was I willing to risk?

Life will teach us what we are meant to learn to move on to the next lesson! There are no VICTIMS!

Exactly! Nobody should have risked any more than they could afford to lose..even Andy himself said that! But greed is a powerful emotion and for some their dream of getting rich was stronger than what their common sense was telling them. I guess it's kinda how an gambling addict feels and how they get into such deep financial trouble!

2. WhiteSox

WhiteSox New Member

DBass only has $500 in? There are people who probably put in $25K-$50K. I don't think anyone should worry about your $500. That gets blown on a weekend having fun. I do have people that joined because of me and not one of them has called ASD a scam and written off their money at this point. It would help if you didn't call it a scam when clearly nothing has been decided. I say you give up your $500 to someone who has a better outlook and is behind ASD since you labeled ASD a scam and wrote off your money already anyway. No one here is excited about these developments at all but if you put on a positive face and realize that once this gets investigated we will all know how the ASD business model is really interpreted and we'll be able to move on either riding ASD to the moon or chalking it up to a bad decision. No reason to put further negative energy out there unnecessarily at this point in the game. Once you did your due diligence and made the plunge you became an ASD member and I'll I'm suggesting is you stick by your ASD family and keep positive at least until there is a definitive negative decision regarding ASD. I personally would love to see the view from the moon and refuse to write off money invested and turn on ASD until it's proven that ASD was not what we thought.

3. alasycia

alasycia New Member

"I don't think anyone should worry about your $500. That gets blown on a weekend having fun

Hey that is a little bit out of line!! It is not about HOW MUCH you have in ASD. Their president has gone on record time and time again telling people not to put more money in than they feel comfortable with or can afford

Here is the recording from the last call for anyone who hasnt heard it if it isnt posted here already

http://pinchurl.com/recfromsat

We are all in this company from our own personal choices. Minors under 18 are not allowed to join. It is not one person's personal drama.

I personally have never doubted the legality nor the integrity of AdSurfDaily and its President Andy Bowdoin and have no reason to start doubting now.

The naysayers have been trying to bring this company down for some time now for their own person reasons and hidden agendas. They have won a minor round but this company can and will come out of this. For every naysayer there are more than a few who have a lot to thank ASD for and they deserve our wholehearted support.

If anyone wants to to HELP. They can do this by sending their testimonials on the results of their advertising with ASD, sales made etc to the following email address and also send the same request out to their teams. This will help the company and their legal team

[email protected]

Nuff said

4. SixMinuteMan

SixMinuteMan New Member

Consider this.....

Is ASD legit?
    This is what we really needed to know. Was this a legitimate company offering a real product or service and operating from a formal business model? We had heard many great things about the president of ASD Andy Bowdoin; Years of service with the Dale Carnegie and Napoleon Hill companies in the '60's, great success with growing and expanding a dry cleaning chain, and his involvement in credit card processing, wireless communications, and GPS for fleet vehicles (GPS Tech) when these technologies were all in their infancy. This was all comforting information, but how did the company itself stack up? Here is what we know:

Ad Surf Daily (ASD) is a brick and mortar internet marketing and services company based in Quincy, Florida outside of Tallahassee. They offer domain name registration (dot com names), website hosting, email accounts, SSL certificates, and all the usual web services that you will find with other companies like Network Solutions and GoDaddy.

The company is officially incorporated in Florida. This means ASD is structured formally with a CEO, President, Executive Officers, etc. Their physical address and contact information is prominently displayed on their websites, Terms of Service, and printed material and is available to the general public. Customer service can be reached at 1-850-627-2206

Though the company is not a member of the Better Business Bureau (yet) the BBB does rate and report on all business. We found a report for Ad Surf Daily with the Northwest Florida Better Business Bureau. ASD has had four complaints filed in the last 36 months as of this writing. All four complaints have been closed and accepted by the consumers who filed them.

ASD is a member of the Gadsden County Chamber of Commerce, employs 90 clerical, administrative, customer service and accounting staff, and expects to employ 150 by the end of 2008. Recently Mr. Bowdoin and the Chambers Executive Director Dave Gardner officially announced to the Chambers Board of Directors and the Gadsden County Economic Development Council that ASD had chosen Quincy as its corporate headquarters and base of operations.

"This company is already having a major impact on this community," said Gardner. "Hotels, restaurants, gas stations, and others are benefiting from this growth. We have people coming to Quincy from other areas of the United States and even a few foreign countries. "Gardner continued, "Florida's Great Northwest and Opportunity Florida have been instrumental in assisting ASD with the continued placement of their company in Quincy."

'We are elated that ASD has selected Quincy as their home and look forward to assisting them in their growth,' said Andy Gay, the mayor of Quincy.

"ASD, through its placement in Gadsden County, not only diversifies our industry sectors but creates the leverage needed to attract other businesses to the community because of their success," said Kimberly Moore, the Chief Executive Officer for WORKFORCE plus. "It's a great testament to growing businesses in our own backyard."

"The impact created by ASD in Gadsden County will be significant in generating local revenue as well as creating much needed high wage employment opportunities," continued Moore. "This is a great step towards creating jobs that will allow local residents an opportunity to grow in a technologically based industry without leaving the community."

ASD also has working relationships with industry leading companies like Bank of America, InTouch Marketing, YourSolutions.net, iContact.com, and GreenbackStreet.com. It is highly unlikely that so many companies of this magnitude would knowingly associate themselves in daily operations with a disreputable company.

ASD had to pass thru a merchant verification process with Bank of America in order for them to conduct their financial business with them. Businesses must report their Tax ID# or ESN and have a copy of their Articles of Incorporation on file with the bank. B of A reports all of ASD's taxable earnings to the IRS. Last month, B of A sent an accounting services team to ASD in order to train our accounting department staff on ACH (Automatic Clearing House) operations. It is thru ACH that Direct Deposits, Electronic Payments, transfers, and Debit Card transactions are processed. As many of us know, ASD is in the process of streamlining their payment process and will be issuing a Visa Debit Card thru which you can access your cash balance. ASD handles hundreds of thousands even millions of dollars in transactions thru Bank America on a daily basis. You can be sure this type of activity has not gone unnoticed.

Is ASD or the Ad Cash Generator a Ponzi or pyramid scheme?
    I like to reference this quote written by Atty. Robert F. Garner (verified by North Carolina State Bar) who issued ASD's Legality Statement, which reads:

"Because of the rebate program, some people have asked if ASD or the Ad Cash Generator income opportunity is a "Ponzi" scheme or a pyramid. A Ponzi scheme and/or a pyramid are illegal, because they use money from new investors to pay the first investors in the scheme their promised returns. When the base of the pyramid stops growing, the pyramid collapses. While ASD commits a portion of its future revenues to pay rebates, it does not guarantee a return, and the time it takes to earn rebates is affected by the revenue stream in the future. Not everyone elects to participate in the rebate program, and not everyone will earn rebates."

"ASD's Ad Cash Generator business model is not dependent on a base that continues to expand. Moreover, ASD is developing other revenue sources constantly. Even more important, the rebates are fixed, and will allow the participants to only earn a set amount, and that amount is based on performance. There is no continuing obligation to pay returns to infinity, as in illegal pyramid programs. Because of these major differences, the Ad Cash Generator business opportunity is not an illegal "Ponzi" scheme or pyramid, and it is not in violation of any SEC laws or regulations."

5. SixMinuteMan

SixMinuteMan New Member

A Message From ASD Trainer and Upline Leader Robert Fava to All of Our ASD Organization Groups:

Hi Don-

I'm not worried in the least and I remain confident that everything will be corrected shortly.

Here are a couple of notes from members in the group.

Robert

Good Evening everyone!

I am sure you are all wondering what is going on with ASD. You may have seen the note that the Attorney's General Office is looking into ASD.

I just got off a very huge conference call which most of you may not have been on. I will say this...............A complaint was put into the Attorney's General Office in Washington, which led them to shut down ASD while they look into things. The complaint had something to do with someone not receiving their money quick enough so this was reported. It is a natural process to have this looked into and as such, the site has to be shut down while this takes place. As all of you know, this company has seen huge growth over the last few months, and we have gone over a lot of bumps along the way, one of which has been the frustration of the site being down. But rest assured, Andy Bowdoin is an honorable man, and because of the huge growth and success, there are many others out there that are jealous and out to sabotage successful people/businesses like ASD.

The investigation through the AGO, is standard procedure. Andy Bowdoin is on this with a huge legal team to have this corrected. Whoever made this complaint, if it was done in ill fashion, will be punished. This has happened before to ASD, but as you can see, we were able to jump back up on our feet and are stronger than ever!

Again, I want to say that since I joined in March 2008, ASD has grown so very quickly and has proven to be a very successful company and there are a lot of mean people out there who will do whatever they can to destroy this level of success. ASD hopes to have this resolved for us by mid/late next week and it is hoped our sites will be up and running soon.

Please be patient while this gets sorted through. Rest assured Andy and his team are doing everything in their power to take care of us and we will all be very happy in the end.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. To all my Canadian friends, have a great August long!!!!

Debbie

Hello,

I just spoke with one of my closely sponsored folks, who just spoke with customer service, also. She was told by the rep that the ASD attorneys are enroute this moment to DC, with all the books and documents necessary to get this glitch resolved very quickly. She also said that it is probably in response to the complaints that have been logged regarding the length of the conversion.

Please keep in mind that ASD is open, that the staff is there and available to take calls, and work continues.

In the meantime, I have been scanning through what I know about other major corporations, and have found that almost all business, when the growth suddenly explodes, the government will perform it's due diligence to ensure everything is being conducted as it should. I also know that Andy has initiated meetings with the SEC and several attorneys general, and has offered to be completely open and transparent to every government agency possible. Every such meeting has been met with firm confirmations that all is well.

Kathy

--
    Kind Regards,
    Robert Fava
    The Fava Group, LLC
    515-223-6606
    [Links removed - Admin]

6. mastery

mastery New Member

I love the negativity that spews from people once adversity hits.

It's easy to be human beings when life is good and the ball is bouncing your way. Did we think we would all have free money and be rich without any challenges and tests...even failures?

9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years. Do we actually realize this? Probably not really...unless you've started several businesses yourself. Then you know what I'm talking about.

And as for a comment about some people leveraging off their credit cards and how unwise they were, if there was only smooth sailing and they went on to become millionaires because of it, we'd all be hailing them as heroes and modern day Warren Buffetts.

At the end of the day, here is the reality of it: if you don't take a chance somewhere, you'll stay in your nice safe job that doesn't pay you what you're really worth and gives you just enough to
    never venture out and search for real freedom.

Oh and that nice safe job? Not so safe. General Motors is laying off thousands and the governor of California is trying to lay off people and put many others on minimum wage - simply because he and others can't sit down and come to an agreement on this year's budget. Those are just two instances off the top of my head.

What separates the successful from the not-so-successful is their understanding and relationship with risk. And then the mindset that they may be delayed but will never be stopped from succeeding.

7. tinamariec

tinamariec New Member

I for one am just going to wait and see what happens. What else can you do? I always try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I certainly never put in more than I can afford to lose on anything.

8. freebird658

freebird658 Member

I think that people are just feeling helpless because the events that are occurring is beyond their control and theres nothing anyone can really do but wait. People are scared and are fearing the worst..that's just a natural human reaction when something unexpected like this happens. You have to admit though..that if it weren't for forums like this to keep the members informed, we all would not have a clue as to what is going on, simply because ASD hasn't sent any information by email or posted anything on the news page other than what was put on the site. Many members aren't aware that there has been conference calls or webroom meetings because they don't use the forums or their sponsors aren't informed or contacting them either. So it's understandable that many are in the dark and scared to death thinking that their money is gone.

9. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

freebird658: think that people are just feeling helpless because the events that are occurring is beyond their control and theres nothing anyone can really do but wait. People are scared and are fearing the worst..that's just a natural human reaction when something unexpected like this happens. You have to admit though..that if it weren't for forums like this to keep the members informed, we all would not have a clue as to what is going on, simply because ASD hasn't sent any information by email or posted anything on the news page other than what was put on the site. Many members aren't aware that there has been conference calls or webroom meetings because they don't use the forums or their sponsors aren't informed or contacting them either. So it's understandable that many are in the dark and scared to death thinking that their money is gone.

Yes you are absolutely right

Expect the best, prepare for the worse [​IMG]

10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

SixMinuteMan: A Message From ASD Trainer and Upline Leader Robert Fava to All of Our ASD Organization Groups:

Hi Don-

I'm not worried in the least and I remain confident that everything will be corrected shortly.

Here are a couple of notes from members in the group.

Robert

I really like Robert, wish he would come back and train when they are up and running again

11. vickyS

vickyS New Member

It's not like we can just take out money back!
    On the other hand, it is true that when company experiences a rapid growth, the government wants to make sure that everything is OK. I believe in intergity of ASD. I did my due diligence before I purchased Ad Pack, and I did not considered it GET RICH DOING NOTHING program. This is great way for me to advertise my company, and rebate portion is good.

People tend to dramatize things. How many time in life we are painting the worst outcome! This is not the first time you think you lost money. But majority of times things did get better.

I'm sure ASD and all the members will remember this as a little hickup.

GO ASD!

12. FreeDoc

FreeDoc New Member

You cannot take your money out, because this is not, and never was, an investment.

You purchased online advertising space, called an Ad Package. Plain and simple. Same as if you purchased tv, radio, magazine, or newspaper ad space.

ASD provided you the option to earn a rebate for SURFING. The rebate is determined as a % of your Ad Package. That's it. Plain and simple. It's quite straightforward.

Any other interpretation is simply erroneous.

13. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to find out who reported ASD to the AG? I have heard it's a competitor who is losing a lot of business to ASD. If so, this person should be held responsible for damages.

On the other hand, I heard it was someone who joined in Miami, over extended themselves to get in and had second thoughts. They panicked when the website was being upgraded and called the AG saying they were scammed.

14. asdbeliever

asdbeliever New Member

beware those who will trash asd and then say by the way i have a real opportunity for you.

15. Daniel131

Daniel131 New Member

ASD is not a scam but to be fair to the people who put in BIG check with ASD, the service has not been great the last couple of months.

I certainly would not call an investigation by the Us Attorney General office a little hiccup but I do believe everything will be resolved in a few days because ASD as a company is built on a very strong foundation with a leader of great integrity.

Don't believe for a minute that once this is over everything will rosy and sweet. The next problem ASD will face could be software bugs which are inherent in any major software programming with very tight timeframe.

16. itzdk

itzdk New Member

I just got this in -
    ASD - Ad Cash Generator Blog published a new entry entitled "ASD Update- Solid Breaking Good News" on 8/2/2008 7:43:38 PM, written by T.J. Marrs.

We have verbal communication that things are going smoothly with the Attorney General's office. The initial review is moving fine and that they are signing off, with just an in office inspection remaining to complete. We are told, not to worry. It appears that the company is being cleared and should be operation again by about Tuesday. This is from a very reliable contact within the company. This will further establish the credibility of ASD once it is complete. We are also told Andy is elated and thanks for the prayers from the believers, they are helping.
    I believe those people automatically promoting their position that this was a "scam - and I told you so", will be eating their words soon. This is solid inside news, not rumors or speculation.
    Permalink: asdmaximizer.com/2008/08/02/asd-update-solid-breaking-good-news-2.aspx
    This is an automated message.
    May we reach our highest goals,

James Poindexter

Thought this was good news. Hopefully there will be more tomorrow. Diane

17. Caterina

Caterina New Member

WOW....just read through a nice string of posts......lots of viewpoints and every one of them valid....a nice, calm exchange......

Mastery, you spoke right to me....there's that thing that burns in probably most of us.......that hope that just once something really IS as good as it appears.....so you take that "risk".....

ASD was rolling along with very few complaints until just this last two or three (?) weeks.....as someone pointed out, they could have split a long time ago with the money if this was just a scam.....just under two months ago, when I was doing MY due diligence, nothing but good things about Andy Bowdoin popped up.....a LOT of them......it was only when the system started crashing that people got disgruntled and the crows started circling.....or so it seems to me.

In thinking about how strict ASD has been about certain things (like not using their name, not showing your records to others, not talking about how much you make, no sharing of IP addresses, etc., etc.).....and knowing that before the system crashed, there were no major complaints being lodged....shoot - they oughtta pass all this with flying colors, I would think....

Someone posted they wished ASD would do a better job of communicating with us right now.....I think I read or heard that they're not allowed to do so for legal reasons......

This is a great forum.....appreciate most all of you (wink).....

18. stevewatt

stevewatt Guest

Here's my thoughts on ASD

I recently signed up myself, about 3 weeks ago. And I myself, searched the internet before i joined and nothing bad at all was said about ASD. Now, like you said, its all over the net.

What I truly belive that happened is this:

ASD was growing very fast "fact" and needed more servers to handle the load. And probably was told by WebWorld (the contractors hired to install the new system) that the new system would be implemented in 2 or 3 days. Well you know how things can happen, and jobs don't get finished on time. Well this was probably the case. In the meantime, Andy was up at the Chicago Rally,recruiting new members. The funds couldn't get into the system, "with the new site being developed and the delays they were having, so many new members got into a panic situation, and started complaining and filing claims to the Attorney Gernerals office. "this is what I belive started the investigation"

What i think is going to happen this week is twofold. I was told that a similar incidence happened 6 months ago, and ASD was shut down for a day until they could show all compliancy. Now was this the Attorney General that investigated ASD 6 months ago? I don't know. But I see this week coming ahead as a similar situation. If they can show complicancy with funds,accounts, and their program. It should be an open and shut case within a small period of time. On the otherhand, if the Feds find anything, and i mean anything that is questionable, then this matter will procede to Federal Court and litigations that could range from 6 months, to 4 years.
    Site below has live chat about this

http://www.thejoyluckclub.com/ASD_Latest_News.htm

This is my humble opinion

Steve

19. mastery

mastery New Member

Caterina - Thanks for the comment on my post.

It's a good idea to use the down time for putting
    together a marketing plan - so that's what I'll be
    doing until someone tells me otherwise [​IMG]

20. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

Stevewatt,
    I am crossing my fingers that this gets resolved this week not 6 months. In my mind, the site being down is what ultimately got the AG involved. I mean, we have to admit it should not have taken that long to get the site working. When it wasn't functioning last Thursday like they said it would be I kind of figured it would be trouble.

The two things ASD cannot afford to mess up are the website and timely cash outs. If they get those two things right I think members will deal with other issues like busy phone and fax lines.