Update: Anyone Using Video For Marketing? and more importantly...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by greenion, Feb 24, 2010.

1. greenion

greenion New Member

... are you comfortable with having your mug in front of the camera.
    I would love to use video marketing in my overall internet marketing strategy, but I have to figure out a way of doing so without showing my face. *Don't get any ideas that it is because of my looks, because that is just fine, thank you very much.

The thing is this, by putting your face out there in the online video space, you have now BRANDED yourself in the eyes of the video viewing public. And because right now, I do not want to be pigeon-holed to one thing, coming out in that way would not be wise. That is of course for now, who knows where my confidence will be in the future.

Can anyone here feel where I am coming from, or am I way off?
  2. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

I completely feel where you are coming from.
    Believe it or not, I'm more comfortable showing a video in front of 100 million people than 1 family member!

I do videos for my business and it took a while to get comfortable but now I realize that it doesn't matter what people think of me! I'm getting the message out, and that's all that matters!

Have a productive day!
    - Lark Miller
  3. OnlineIncome

OnlineIncome New Member

I use video marketing to gain referrals/affiliates in my program. It's great because with the programs I promote you can see how the become a member of your down line as it will say the source of where they came from. This way to can access how effective the marketing is.

Also, you don't need to get in front of a camera, there is many sites you can use to create videos for you - for example animoto.com
  4. Interesting,

No doubt, most people do not want their picture posted for anyone can grab it and post in anywhere they want, not very smart as I see it, but with video, at least you are a little safer. lol

Seriously, video marketing works when you post a professionally prepared one promoting your business. Magnetic marketing is based on personalizing your marketing efforts for the most part, so it can work, but I feel it is the quality of video which is most important given first impressions are the most lasting ones.

How many times have you seen a very poor video, bad light, bad sound, sloppy desk, you name it, and it is out there, but knowing this, and seeing a professional video about your business, with or without your mug in it is the way to go. Check out YouTube-Zoom which gives you a leg up on your competition.

Success to all,
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

I think this is the problem that people don't understand about video marketing. They believe they need a web camera in order to make a video. This is far from the truth.

I've made many, many videos and never used my personal face. You don't need to do that to make videos that will get people's attention and drive traffic to your website.

Most people don't realize how easy it is to make a video. I know I didn't at first but I have since trained people. You can find some videos on how to make a video, easily, by doing a search on youtube.

If you have windows movie maker, which you can get for free, I believe, you can easily make a video and get it upload to the many video sites.

Make the video is actually easier than video marketing [​IMG]
  6. NewRich23

NewRich23 New Member

I feel you, I am skeptical about putting my face on a lot of things...i.e, social networks and such. My reason is different. My reason is that I believe this is a way for the government to be able to identify people better because they willingly put their info on pages. Just think of it as being cautious. I know you want your business to thrive but do you have to give everything about you to the public to earn a dollar? Better yet is it worth it?

Maybe it's just me. Just be careful with that kind of stuff. There are people that have made millions without videos, it may have taken more time but who cares. A million is a million right?
  7. You can do good video marketing without using your face. You can use good screen capture software like the $20 CamStudio Pro.

Then you can make a presentation with your voice and some slides or any thing else you can put on your computer screen.

Some very successful internet marketing gurus use this method with great results.
  8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Doing a video without showing your face is really hiding behind your business. Do do not really want to do that. You want people to see you and trust you.

I have done a few videos that I uploaded to YouTube. The first one was hard and I was scared what others would think of me. But as soon as I got my second and third, it did not really matter anymore to me what others think.

Video marketing works and when people see your face, they will trust you and you will build credibility.

9. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

It is an absolute must to video yourself in front of the camera, yes it does take a while to be used to being in front of the camera, but it is the only way to get personal branding. Take your time do a bunch of shoots, pick the best one, and a way you go. Take Care.
  10. ImportEyedea

ImportEyedea New Member

timbonderud: It is an absolute must to video yourself in front of the camera, yes it does take a while to be used to being in front of the camera, but it is the only way to get personal branding. Take your time do a bunch of shoots, pick the best one, and a way you go. Take Care.
    Sorry Tim, I'm going to respectfully disagree.

The only absolute must in marketing online is doing what works for you. If its inappropriate to your personality to do a video displaying your face don't do it.

Try Camstudio or Animoto and simply work on voice overs. Just because its simple sounding it isn't easy. You need to find a clear tone, a comfortable pace, and a speech pattern that is both understandable and competent sounding.

Your credibility comes from your confidence. Deliver strong content in a professional fashion and people will listen. Personal branding isn't about how recognizable your face is, its about the value people attach to your name and reputation.