uploading files to my website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by popbhudda, Oct 19, 2008.

1. popbhudda

popbhudda New Member

i bought a website that was already set-up, the seller transferred and set up my site for me, but i need to know how to upload files myself and know how and where to place them on my website, i am new to this, i don't even know how to go from page to page
  2. Seth

Seth New Member

Download a Free FTP Software to transfer files login to your webhosting and get your ftp login details for your website.

Not sure on how you can edit the pages but i guess you also need a software like Dreamweaver...
  3. BlueIce

BlueIce New Member

filezilla is a good free ftp file transferring software which you can use to upload your site pages to the Internet.

For changing content you can use notepad etc (if you know how to code), if not then there are plenty of free website editing software packages out there or the more expensive ones like Dreamweaver.

Good Luck.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Cute FTP also works pretty well...they have a free 30 day trial.
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

There is usually a file called readme.txt with all the relevant instructions
  6. Anna_D

Anna_D New Member

I use SmartFTP, and it works fine for me.

Make sure if you have any scripts on your site (like perl, or javascript) to change the permissions for those files using FTP software.