Using html in forum postings

Discussion in 'Forum Usage' started by greenion, Jan 19, 2010.

1. greenion

greenion New Member

I attempted to use some basic html code in my last posting here and it did show up as I would have expected. Is there a section in this forum where I can get a guide or advice as to how to properly use html here? Thanks!!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

The only html you will need to use in forum posting can be done iwth the little buttons at the top of the posting box...

Welcome by the way![​IMG]

3. Matt Zenittini

Matt Zenittini Silver Member

HTML can not be used in your posts.

BBCode is allowed to be used in your post though.

It provides a much safer easier way to allow you to format your message.

Matt

4. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

It is quite straightforward to use & once mastered will never be forgotten.

If your not sure go to google & type in html code & copy & paste the information into your notepad until you master it.

Mark [​IMG]

5. bosco

bosco New Member

Matt Zenittini: It provides a much safer easier way to allow you to format your message.
    Can anyone tell me how is it that html is unsafe?

And how is BBC much safer?

Thanks.

6. liber8life

liber8life New Member

greenion: I attempted to use some basic html code in my last posting here and it did show up as I would have expected. Is there a section in this forum where I can get a guide or advice as to how to properly use html here? Thanks!!
    As far as my observation is concerned, you can only use BBcode in posting messages, other than that is not allowed and that's why when you posted it didn't show up.

7. narelleyeates

narelleyeates New Member

Can someone please explain to me what BB Code is?

8. The Cynergist

The Cynergist New Member

Matt Zenittini: BBCode is allowed to be used in your post though
    I'm just starting here in the Work at Home Forum. I thought I had read that the only links we can make is within our signatures. I know that in other forums when answering other members questions etc., I've felt that hyperlinking to outside resources for information or examples to help clarify my response very useful; are we allowed to do that type of thing here or no?

9. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

The Cynergist: I'm just starting here in the Work at Home Forum. I thought I had read that the only links we can make is within our signatures. I know that in other forums when answering other members questions etc., I've felt that hyperlinking to outside resources for information or examples to help clarify my response very useful; are we allowed to do that type of thing here or no?
    Sure you can include links to external resources. However, they must not be self-serving links.