Using Internet Traffic Exchange web sites

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by pcarter62, Aug 11, 2005.

1. jhgunter

jhgunter New Member

What I have found to be the most helpful is trafficswarm.
  2. itsjoanne

itsjoanne New Member

I use Traffic Swarm and Traffic G the most.

I totally agree about having a splash page! It's nessary not only for traffic exchange advertising but all advertising.

And I think manual exchanges rather than autosurfs give the best results.

Joanne
  3. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

I used t2000 ultra and it took a little while to get going but after a few days the traffic was great. It's not targeted so the conversion rate is very low but a good headline could change that. Hey it's free so what's there to loose anyways.
  4. surferket

surferket New Member

Actually Traffic Swarm is useless. You may get traffic but it's from people like yourself building up credits. You won't get business from TS visitors.
    TS is overhyped.
  5. jschuman

jschuman New Member

I have just recently started working traffic exchanges into my marketing mix and they are a great way to brand yourself. Plus if you use splash pages you can build a mailing list from them.

I personally like Traffic Swarm, Traffic Splash and Soaring4Traffic. So far these are my favorite 3.
  6. agelbuzz

agelbuzz New Member

Have you tried Instant Buzz and Got Link yet?

I personally think it's cool!
  7. LuckyRon

LuckyRon New Member

I checked out Instant Buzz and I'm not so sure I like it. I'm not into having tool bars added to my browser window and after a short time my credits were used up with over 1,000 add views and there were no clicks to visit my webpage.[​IMG] I will be fair and give it some more time before I remove it.

I did click on a lot of the other peoples adds that were flashing on my tool bar and they were all get rich quick schemes. I'm such a sucker for those things. Some of them are so well written I thought I would surely make money so I almost reached for my credit card but then I remembered my Motto.[​IMG]

"Keep your money in your wallet and your fingers on the keyboard"
  8. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

Um.. I was using TrafficSwarm fine for a bit, but then I was no longer able to log into my account. Their automated system doesn't work either for the "send me my password" which I've tried 5 times. So I contacted them personally, which they said to do if that doesn't work, and never got a response. I've written them twice now. It's been many weeks now. I'm almost out of credits and still check a couple of ads here and there, but I don't think I want to continue if I can't log in to ever change my ads!!! Besides, as Surferket said... it's mostly ads for other internet marketers trying to get you to sign up for THEIR gig. I guess if I let my credits run out, they might eventually contact me???
  9. madnawat

madnawat New Member

Well banner exchange program is far much better then traffic exchange. Traffic exchange will do only a littleor no good for your business, only rotate the hit counter your website.

Remember, never use these exchange programs with google adsense ads on your website, if you use then expect a sweet letter shortly from google adsense guys!
  10. 2002mjf

2002mjf New Member

Here is a quote from Google about traffic exchanges. This is more in conjunction with adsense.

A note on traffic exchange programs

We understand that our publishers are always looking for ways to attract interested users to their sites. But using third-party tools or services to increase your site traffic may lead to invalid clicks or impressions and result in your account being disabled. For this reason, we'd like to provide you with some guidance about this.

As many of you already know, our program policies strictly prohibit any means of artificially generating ad impressions or clicks, including third-party services such as paid-to-click, paid-to-surf, auto-surf, and click-exchange programs. These programs offer incentives for users to view web pages or click on ads, resulting in activity that is harmful to our advertisers.

We occasionally receive questions from publishers interested in using traffic exchanges to bring traffic to their site. While these services may help advertise your site, we don't recommend using them, as they may also result in similar invalid activity. We realize that you may have questions about a specific traffic service and whether it could potentially create invalid impressions or clicks. However, please understand that we're unable to comment on any particular third-party service.

As a parting note, we encourage you to read through our tips and guidelines and Webmaster Guidelines to help keep your account in good standing. These guidelines advise publishers to "Provide unique and relevant content that gives users a reason to visit your site first," and we feel this is ultimately the best way to attract more visitors to your site and build a truly loyal audience.
  11. duckbird

duckbird New Member

I'm currently using a number of traffic exchanges both manual and auto including Traffic Swarm. I must admit, they do get you you tons of traffic. The problem is out of the thousands of visits to my websites, no one has bought anything or joined anything I promoting.

The only people looking at the adds, are other members clicking to get credits and have no intention of buying or joining anything.

Does anyone actually make sales by using traffic exchanges?
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hey Duck,

Great to see you back again. I just stumbled across your reply. How is everything going?

duckbird: The only people looking at the adds, are other members clicking to get credits and have no intention of buying or joining anything.

That's pretty much the way they work.

I've never bothered with traffic exchanges and never will. They are nothing but a scam.

~Newbie Shield~
  13. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Newbie Shield: Great to see you back again. I just stumbled across your reply. How is everything going?

Well Newbie, life is good and business is about the same..not so good, but I'm still out there fighting for my piece of the pie.
  14. Chic

Chic New Member

That is so right!
  15. Chic

Chic New Member

hi. I am new to this forum but can;t help noticing your yuwie undersigned. how are doing up there, may i ask?
  16. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Chic: hi. I am new to this forum but can;t help noticing your yuwie undersigned. how are doing up there, may i ask?

I've been with Yuwie since January and so far have earned a grand total of $7.75. The secret to Yuwie is active referrals, I myself have 131 referrals. The problem is, most are not active.

There are people in Yuwie who have made thousands of dollars so far.
    Now if you take away the making money factor, it's still a great way to promote other ventures you may have.
  17. trussvegas

trussvegas New Member

I've used Traffic Swarm with great results, but I've also found TrafficHoopla is a good one, too. They list the top 25 traffic exchange sites and the top are updated every Tuesday. All of the exchanges listed there are free to join ( I think ) .
  18. tbadly

tbadly New Member

I wouldn't use any of them if I were you. Most of them have a lot of questionable participants and search engines will penalize you if you're connected to these so-called "bad neighborhoods."
  19. Casper

Casper New Member

I found that a lot of the traffic exchange sites you can only submit 1 or 2 sites, I use Traffic G, Trafficswam & Hit Gusher the only reason I use them is because I have 2 businesses with 4 sites, If anyone know of some more traffic exchange sites where web site submissions aren't so limited then post here.
  20. robertgallagher

robertgallagher New Member

if you wants traffic then buy a blog post on some niche blog which is with Good number of Technorati authority.
    and see you can blast in your site traffic use this tactics once i used it since six months.