Using you tube?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Buddy, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Buddy

Buddy New Member

How many of you are using you tube to market you products or opportunities? And if you are how effective is it?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I've never really gotten into the Youtube thing to market products, and part of the reason is that I'm just not vey good at the technical stuff. However, find any random video on Youtube and look at how many views it has - there is tremendous potential to earn money from Youtube based on the sheer number of views your video might get. So, if you have the technical skills to put together a video and it won't take you too long to put it on Youtube, I'd say go for it!
  3. Buddy

Buddy New Member

I have done one, I think pretty badly but everyone say's it's fine. I'm sure they are just being kind. No leads from it yet. But once I figured out how to use my software, it wasn't hard at all to get it posted to you tube
  4. I use YouTube and produce videos for all my websites using Animoto.

This increases traffic to my websites by sending traffic directly from YouTube, sending traffic from sites that have embedded my videos and creating many backlinks that pushes my sites ranking up.

Barb
  5. Buddy

Buddy New Member

Barb Thornback
    Does the basic Animoto work for you, or do you use one of the upgraded versions?
    thanks
    Dennis
  6. Dennis,

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply.

I have the commercial licence with Animoto. It is quite expensive but it works for me.
  7. shiz101

shiz101 New Member

Youtube has the potential to be a great source of traffic to your websites. I use it mainly for product reviews. I like to speak directly to the viewer, proves that I've personally taken the time to have a look at the product and judge it. I get more clicks through to my website this way. Personally it's an easier than writing articles and I enjoy doing it.
    shiz101[​IMG]
  8. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

I use youtube a lot and it is my number one source of leads online. I highly recommend that you use it.
  9. Buddy

Buddy New Member

I would like to do more videos. The problem I see is that I am selling a product that a lot of other people are selling. So I need to stand out of the crowd. Once I figure out how to do that, I will make more videos.
    I like the idea of marketing to people who are looking for a MLM or other work at home type jobs. I think people who click on videos that are about what they are interested in, are much more likely to succeed in a home base business. I signed up about a dozen of my friends and family into Nikken about 10 years ago, and we all failed. I am not doing that again, if people are looking for a MLM they can join me, if not that's ok too.
  10. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Evidence of the power of YouTube just happened to one of my sites.
    I have a "non-commercial" website called BellRock2012 featuring a lawyer friend.
    The Canadian Broadcast Corporation did a TV show called Apocalypse 2012
    which filmed Peter climbing Bell Rock and looks at a lot of other 2012 theories.
    What I didn't know till today is why my search hits for BellRock2012 jumped.
    In the first of the 5 videos they show two of BellRock2012's web pages,
    just enough for the title to grab a few extra searches by name instead of subject.
    And of course I had to embed those videos in my website which keeps visitors longer.
    The longer they stay the more likely one of my affiliate ads will grab their attention.
    And that my friends is the power of YouTube.
  11. aila laserna

aila laserna New Member

I'll try you tube then.. I am new to online jobs.. so this is how you got potential traffic to your websites.. Thanks a lot guys.. I think I know Animoto and it really works!!
  12. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I got like 30 videos on YouTube but just like articles, not all of them will get your traffic.

Do I think it is worth it? Yes, but you need to put up new videos all the time.

Tal
  13. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Just2EZ: Evidence of the power of YouTube just happened to one of my sites.
    I have a "non-commercial" website called BellRock2012 featuring a lawyer friend.
    The Canadian Broadcast Corporation did a TV show called Apocalypse 2012
    which filmed Peter climbing Bell Rock and looks at a lot of other 2012 theories.
    What I didn't know till today is why my search hits for BellRock2012 jumped.
    In the first of the 5 videos they show two of BellRock2012's web pages,
    just enough for the title to grab a few extra searches by name instead of subject.
    And of course I had to embed those videos in my website which keeps visitors longer.
    The longer they stay the more likely one of my affiliate ads will grab their attention.
    And that my friends is the power of YouTube.
    But nothing compared to the power of Hulu and the Chelsea Lately Show.
    Oh me oh my did the counters rocket when Chelsea roasted Peter on Wednesday.
    She showed part of the CBC show with Peter on Bell Rock "prognosticating".
    That clip is getting spread like crazy on FaceBook for even more juice.
    Of course I had to embed it in my site to keep the viewers on the page longer.
    Thank goodness it was the Canadian clip instead of the French one I was in.
    That little video is probably worth a million dollars in advertising for free.
    Sometimes you gotta take a "Quantum Leap of Faith".
    So what if they think he's crazy! What lawyer isn't?
    And to think he is one of my saner friends.

InJoy,
    jimmy
  14. katereber

katereber New Member

No, I don't use youtube to market my product.

I don't spend time to make videos just to market it on youtube.

Well, maybe I can try it..
  15. Essen

Essen New Member

Is it permissible to include a url in a (valid) comment on an existing youtube video (i.e. not your own video)?
  16. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Comment section does allow for a direct link, you have to spell it out. You will likely get most of your Youtube marketing traffic from having your own videos.
  17. Essen

Essen New Member

Thanks FreeCashMan - I'll aim to do both then.
  18. mreese601

mreese601 Member

You tube marketing is a great way to get a ton of followers! Video in general! With video you people can get to know you, like you and trust you. So if you not using video in your marketing then you leaving money on the table! Whatever niche you in have a channel where you doing some funny and will keep the people coming back for more! Then you do some products reviews and you will began making money.
  19. Be careful with You Tube - if just 1 video violates their terms of service, You Tube will delete your channel and you will lose all your videos.
    This has happened to me twice and I know many, many people that this has happened to.
    I didn't even know what was wrong with the videos in question and couldn't even find out.
  20. positivemagic

positivemagic New Member

Do you not know why they banned the video yet? If you know shed some light please so we dont make same mistake thanks.