V*U Act*vat*on

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by school44, Jul 25, 2008.

1. momof2inga

momof2inga New Member

HI, im new too We*t , But have been reading this forum before I ever applied. I got hired in VM, and i finished my webinar, on July 28, which was a monday, and still have NOT recieved my Log-in to go to work. I have call a[​IMG] P*l every other daY, and their saying that VM sends the logins, and that their Backed-up. Just wondering if anyone esle is having this promblem...[​IMG]
  2. momof2inga

momof2inga New Member

Hi, I took my webnair on July 28, It took me about 1 1/2 hours there were about 8 people attending. BUt it was very informational. But you have to wait for VM to send your Log-ins, which today is aug.08, and i still havent got mine. Hope this helps.
  3. GinaM

GinaM New Member

Has anyone received logins from activations yet? I did my webinar LAST wednesday (today makes 7 business days) and I'm still 'Pending Active'
  4. momof2inga

momof2inga New Member

Hi, I did my webnair on July 28, and still have not received mine. i called again today, p *l said they ahvent came in yet, I told her it had been 2 weeks, and she said that the company was sending them and she didnt know how long it would be. I ask was this normal she said yes, she has seen it take up to 2 months to receive them..
  5. kllyfy

kllyfy New Member

Thanks Yardgirl yes I'm using IE7, but I don't have my firewall disabled hope this helps me Thank you [​IMG] Did they ever send you a welcome email though, or were you having trouble with the link as well!
  6. yardgirl

yardgirl New Member

Kllyfy
    After I completed my online paperwork and sent in my notarized stuff, I received an email the next day saying that I should expect a welome email and then within 2 days I received it and it had a link for me to log in with my user name and p-word and a link to start training ... that was it! The only time I had trouble was opening up the first online paperwork.
  7. GinaM

GinaM New Member

Well, people... I finally became active on the skill today, and took my first 30 min shift...and let me tell you... IT sucked! I will honestly be surprised if I still have a job. I'm hoping they grant some kind of leniency considering it was my first shift. I took really good notes during the webinar... and even they didnt help me. I only took 2 calls in the 30 min block, and had to transfer one of them. It was horrible. The oracle didnt open, and I had no idea on call flow.
    I think I will go cry now [​IMG]
    Good luck to anyone else!
  8. momof2inga

momof2inga New Member

hi, girl dont feel so bad, I did my first 30 min shift in vm on sat, and it was the same way with me, but i then did 4 -30 min on sun and i think its getting easier. i thought i had forgot everything i learned in training.lol
  9. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

I am almost done training on V*M. Gosh, it is a lot of information. How am I suppose to remember all of it my first day. I am nervous. Anyway, what is the pay for it? What hours are they giving? Can you get plenty of hours on VM? I plan to work while my kid is asleep but every now and then she wakes for a minute and then falls back to sleep? Any advice on that. If she wakes can I mute the phone? She is way on the other side of the house so she isn't close but maybe she can still be heard in the background a bit. Thanks guys.[​IMG]
  10. yardgirl

yardgirl New Member

School44, have you started working yet, and how is it? I'm a little nervous but I will start this week sometime.
  11. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

I am done testing and they sent me the schedule for the webinar and they canceled the first one I attended because of techinal issues and then they canceled another one yesterday for the same reason. What is going on?
  12. school44

school44 New Member

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been here in a bit. I have been working! [​IMG] I actually love the job! I get to help people AND get paid. I have received two paychecks now, that covered training and I have a full week of actual "work" under my belt now, too. I only worked a little over 20 hours last week, but am scheduled for 39 this week.

The first night I had three shifts and the first one was pretty awful. lol I transferred several calls because I didn't know how to help the poor customer on the line. Second shift was easier and I was feeling a lot better by the third. My second day I worked four short shifts and it was a great day. I got a lot more comfortable with the system, asked some questions in the PAL chat and learned to do some things I had previously transferred people for. After a week, i can honestly say, it's going a lot better. I am more comfortable and confident which makes it a lot easier on the customers. I'm sure there is still plenty to learn, but I feel like I am able to help the customer with most anything they ask, now. I still haven't processed a Port In and I'm a little nervous about that, but will just follow the steps and figure it out if that comes up.

I hope things are going better for those of you above who were feeling discouraged. Honestly, it really does get better and it's so fun to have a customer get excited about the way you helped them. The PALS have all been great, too. I have read posts on other threads that mention problems with them, but they have sure been great help to me and amazingly patient.

Let me know how the rest of you are doing. I'll bet you're doing well by now, too!
  13. yardgirl

yardgirl New Member

Hi school44, I'm glad you're loving it! Did you receive an email with login info. before you could start working. I still haven't received anything yet and my status is 'active' and it's been 2 weeks since my webinar. Thank you.
  14. school44

school44 New Member

No, there is no e-mail. Your logons are automatically in the system. You won't get to keep them yourself. Have you downloaded the Gateway that was sent in an e-mail earlier? If so keep logging onto there. When you are able to logon and go to scheduling, then your logons are there. Sign up for the hours you can and start working. That's it. You'll be up and going before you know it.
  15. strictlytrading

strictlytrading New Member

[​IMG] well I finished the webinar a few moments ago. now the wait for activation.
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  16. school44

school44 New Member

Congratulations!
  17. strictlytrading

strictlytrading New Member

Thanks School. I really appreciate it.

There were a lot of people in the webinar. I lost count in roll call after 53.
  18. school44

school44 New Member

Wow! I'll bet the downtime made them need to double up in the webinar. I thin we had only 15. Did your webinar tie up all those loose ends for you?
  19. lisaannd

lisaannd New Member

I did the webinar as well several weeks ago and waited and waited for my logins to start, as instructed. Well, still no logins BUT I did go into Spectrum and sure enough, I was able to schedule hours! Not sure what all that was about on the logins? Seems like misinformation maybe?

I started last night and I had some problems. My Seibel/Citrix froze on me in the middle of my first call and I couldn't get back on for a full hour. I called several PALS, some helpful, some not so helpful and kind of condescending. I hope I have been luck next time, I made little $ and had lots of frustration with getting my systems to work [​IMG]

I'm a little overwhelmed trying to follow the activation call flow and navigate around all the screens. I hope it gets easier.
  20. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

First night was horrible. My first shift started at 9:00 EST. So i logged on my computer at 6:30 to make sure I would be up and running. Well, I was on the phone with tech support from 7:00-8:30. Then I finally can log on to the Gat***** and Sie*** was acting up. The pal told me they need to reset my password and the client does that so they don't know how long it will take. I was able to take one call and I was try to figure out why Sie** wasn't coming up. I had to transfer the poor lady to A*S! Uhhh! Great first day for me. I hope I get my logins again by Friday but I am not counting on it. I was very nervous. Some one give me advice. Should I be split screen. Does everyone use the activation chart every time?