V*U Act*vat*on

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by school44, Jul 25, 2008.

1. snowball

snowball New Member

IF you do not use activation call flow each time they will pick up on it and then it goes to feedback in feedback it states did advisor follow acf you will get a D must be read exact and eduacte customer about phone how to use it to top up
  2. GinaM

GinaM New Member

For the folks that are newer to VMU... Are you able to schedule on the regular hours menu in spectrum, or just the hours that people are trading?
    I can only pick up the trade hours. I wonder how long until I can schedule on the regular hours?
  3. school44

school44 New Member

Yardgirl.

Yes, I'm working. Sorry to have been so long. I homeschool my kids during the day and then work for West in the afternoons and evenings. Haven't had a chance to be on here for a while.

I've been working about 3 weeks now and I think it's going pretty well. They have already invited me to train for A*S (next level up at VM) and I'm about half-way through that training. I'm a little ambivalent about accepting that line, but I think it's because I am finally so comfortable with Act*va*ions, that I am hesitant to jump into another unknown. I feel like I am starting from scratch sometimes with this new training. Oh well, I understand the pay is even better and I'm sure it will be just like before -- the more shifts I get under my belt the easier it will become.

How about you? Are you working? Hope everything is great and I'm looking forward to hearing from you.
  4. school44

school44 New Member

I always have ACF open, but have done enough calls now that I basically have it memorized. I have never used it verbatim, I just use the exact order and put it in my own words. I have had four ratings now, an S and 3 I AM VMU's. Using the ACF is always marked S, so I don't think it must be word-for-word, but you MUST cover every point and in the order it is given.

Also, I don't split screen, because I like seeing the full Si*bel at once. The tabs in my bottom task bar make it easy for me to go from screen to screen if I need to.
  5. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

I am still waiting on my login resey for S**bel. I have been waiting since last week. I am ready to get started. I am nervous about Activ**** project but from reading here it doesn't sound to bad. I have talked with 6 diffrent PALS about my login reset. They keep telling me diffrent things. Do they hold it against you if you haven't worked because of techinal issues? Has everyone taken the supplement training yet? I found it pretty easy. I took it the first night they sent the email even though I haven't even start yet because of the login reset issue! UHHH!
  6. school44

school44 New Member

So sorry about all the login issues. From reading the boards it sounds like a lot of people are having the same problem. I must have slipped in under the wire just before all that started.

Also, Gina, it's okay to keep picking up hours in trades, but you will be able to pick up hours in the regular area when they post, too. Unfortunately, there's no rhyme or reason I have found as to how they post and as soon as they do, people grab the hours quick, so you'll want to check it everyday and I actually check a couple of times a day. Thursday - sunday posted on Monday or Tuesday this week and I am guessing that by tomorrow we will have the chance to pick up hours for Monday. The whole week never posts at once, just a few days at a time so you'll need to just stay with it. Hope that helps.
  7. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

I haven't started working on WM yet because of login issues. Waiting waiting and every PAL tells me something diffrent. Can I resign from VM and pick up another skill? If so, how long does it take to be offered another skill because I am feed up with the waiting and having PALS be rude. I have came across a few that were nice but for the most part.....Gosh!
  8. snowball

snowball New Member

PALS for the most part are worth less you can resign and wait to be offered another skill I did years ago and was offered one two days later
  9. kaya910

kaya910 New Member

The only schedule I was offered when starting is VM and DR. I don't know if I should since from this board others are saying they aren't getting any hours on other schedules and VM has plenty of hours if you check before they run out.
  10. snowball

snowball New Member

Employees at west at home virgin mobile / ays -west now has employee's scared to work afraid they may do the least little thing wrong all from the pins and bad feedback and the so called coaching they have received / and saying thast employees are hanging up on customers when it is their sysytem....And the rude pals some employees have stated that they actually have to take nerve pills before starting work / on ays becuase of the abuse they take the pay is up and down always more training /always firing people without good reason ...My job is to write about work at home positions each day i get hundreds of emails from other employees who are a victims of west they are even talking about another walk out ...Bonus if alc is down what about activations when customers call wanting service on more then one phone you can't hang up yet if you help talk time is up which means no bonus
  11. school44

school44 New Member

I have had a fairly good experience in activations with VM. I have been working 4 weeks now and I really enjoy the customers. The PALS for the most part have been kind and very helpful. I have been offered the AYS line now, too and completed the training 2 nights ago. I will complete the webinar today, and hopefully be working that line also within the next few days. My experience so far with VM has been good.
  12. yoly

yoly New Member

Hi,
    just wanted you to know hold on, I orignially applied in January 08, didnt hear anything, few months later attempted to reapply, received ok to start process had a snag with the paper work the I-9 form getting notarized didnt get their paper work back to them in a timely manner they couldnt reach me they said by phone or email every time i sent messages numberous of times we would play tag, then after two weeks of that they sent me email no need for me at this time.

I then relaxed let it go, and just a few days ago received email to complete where I left off, now Im having issues with the help desk download, I keep getting a trojan warning and cant move any further.

So if you received an email from them, they do hear you, just relax it will come together for you. Another company I also work for is Liveops.com it takes about a week once you send in paperwork and $35 m.o for background check, then you'll spend another several days doing your initial computer certifications and then take live calls. I recommend everyone there it's a great first start, i currently still work for them.
  13. xnatene

xnatene New Member

i am almost done with my training..i am very afraid of the test.
    i dont think i remembered everything and everything still confuses me.
    and i cant even do the scenarios. i am so confuse. and to top that i get very sleepy when im in training. it seems easy reading them but when you try to apply it there goes the hard part. and also i am not really smart to remember all this..

any advice you can give me guys? i will really appreciate the help..
    can you give me a hint on what kind of test will i be expecting? like is it a multiple choice type, or a scenario type or a true or false... [​IMG] im scared and nervous i might not pass the test... i need this job..
    help
  14. school44

school44 New Member

The test is very simple, 10 or 15 min at most. It is multiple choice and very general. No scenarios.
  15. xnatene

xnatene New Member

thanks for the reply...
    i did something really stupid i guess...
    well, i reached the page of the module where it says that the next page will be the test..
    what i did... i logged out, and then do some cleaning up for a while just to relax my mind a bit and to clean some clutter around the house...and posted my first message (the one on top)
    when i logged back in to review...i hit resume and it directed me right away to the test questions...i was afraid in hitting the back arrow button that it might count as one attempt without even giving it a shot...
    long story short..
    i failed i got 74%..
    omg...
    i am feeling helpless...
  16. xnatene

xnatene New Member

took the test i got 91% this time... yay!!!
  17. school44

school44 New Member

Congratulations! I knew you'd be fine. Now, the webinar and then on to taking calls!
  18. xnatene

xnatene New Member

i am done with my webinar and when i checked today , my status is already active..and says to go to spectrum.. so i went there and saw schedules for next wednesday. it says VMH only.. what does that mean...is that for me? are those the hours that i can get? im sorry if this sound stupid but i dont know what is the difference between gateway and spectrum. i read the above messages and it says to download gateway from the email. i am confuse about that..
    can somebody please explain it to me...
    thanks...