Very New to working Online

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RVB, Apr 30, 2007.

1. RVB

RVB New Member

And need your help or input

My wife and I due to our present circumstances have for the last month or so been speaking about looking into the possibility of working from home over the internet.We decided today to delve deeper into the possibilities.

We know from having looked around that there are a myriad of opportunities available, some legit, some not. Some require to much money up front. Some have hidden fees after the initial low startup costs. Some want us to have our own webpage. The list goes on and on. We would be comfortable with starting a webpage provided we have full step by step assistance with it.

A little info about us. My wife due to an accident is wheelchair bound and is no longer able to work. With her requiring 24/7 supervision and also adding children to the mix my job prospects outside the home are nil.

What we are looking for is an extremely easy to learn and use, work from home strategy that requires little to no start up costs and with no hidden fees. I'll not lie,we are very strapped for cash.We can't afford $199.99 up front for a package that promises unlimited wealth. It would also require the ability for me to start and stop randomly throughout the day. I can devote about 20-25 hours per week on average.

We would like to start with something small that nets around 100 to 200 dollars per week to augment our current income and has a good support system in place. I have set up a paypal account as my wife is to say the least leery about giving out any banking information until she feels the company is trustworthy. Seems she read to many horror stories about folks getting scammed.

I know what I have written here seems to be demanding,especially considering we are new to this type of work. But again I am constrained by circumstances and thought that being honest about what our boundaries are would help narrow the scope.

If anyone can provide me with information or links to anything that could help us in our search we would certainly appreciate it. Over the next few weeks I will do my best to learn about the various types of work available. I've heard of clickbank information,adsense and such but still need to do some research to really understand them. We are open to almost anything that doesn't require direct contact (Hard to talk to someone when the kids are being rambunctious or I may be called away to tend to my wife).

Thank you for any help you can offer.

2. netresult

netresult Member

RVB

I have been in your shoes for some time now. I work for myself but have been looking to earn money online as a supplement to my future small pension.

I have yet to find anything that can give a decent return. You will hear of plenty of people who know about a friend's brother who knows someone who makes money online! That's as close as you'll get.

I bought a thing called Profit Lance which has good tutorials but covers the same topics as all of them; Adsense, Adwords, Information products, Affiliation schemes etc etc...lots of work for no return.

The best course I think is to stick to TANGIBLE products and sell these through ebay (and other auctions) plus your own web site - steer clear of dropshipping. Find a niche product, for instance I found that there is a huge markup possible on hair dressing scissors. Hairdressers all have their own scissors, they can cost up to ??150.00 a pair - you can gross a good 25%!

I realise this is not the answer you were looking for but can only speak from experience. I have found it absolutely heartbreaking - read these forums carefully, you will not find anybody making anything more than pennies! If the sellers of these schemes (Project-x, Profit Lance, Ultimate Wealth Package, e-books etc) were making so much money by utilising what they are selling, why have the hassle of showing others? An example: I have had lots of response from the owner of PL which I really appreciate, other posters say the same but why would I bother to respond to all these enquiries when I could be making money from the scheme I'm espousing with none of this hassle - makes you think!

I do hope you find what you are looking for.

Regards, Graham.

3. Dave B

Dave B New Member

You could try Affiliate Marketing...you can start with zero investment.

Using a blog , writing some articles to get traffic, then promoting related products from your blog.

If you can, start with something you have an interest in? What are you passionate about? What do you buy? Others will too.

Connect that niche audience to the product and you are away.

Good Luck!

Dave B

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Dave hit the nail on the head - you can get started with $0 investment - all you need is someone to teach you the ropes...[​IMG]

5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

She can apply to JLodge, they hire disabled people

6. netresult

netresult Member

RVB

Did you get any further in deciding on which home business to go for?

7. twnuck

twnuck New Member

The good news is that there are tons of free resources out there. My sugestion would be to spend hours on this forum and others seeking out as much info as you can. After awhile you will be able to seperate the good from the bad.

Specifically, good information focuses on:

1. Buliding a list through one of many free or paid methods
    2. Building trust and offering value to that list
    3. Eventually finding those on your list that are serious about making money

I know you are in need of money quickly but remember that this is a real business and should be viewed as a marathon and not a race. In offline businesses people often put up several hundred thousand dollars and wait years for a business to return their investment. Online we can do this for much less money and far less time if we do it right.

In general you will find that free resources often take longer for you to see a return on your time investment (but not always). So my point is - create a plan, follow the plan and DON'T GIVE UP!

Todd

8. Kmontez34

Kmontez34 New Member

West at Home is easy, requires no start up fee (just High speed Cable, and land line). Just working part time (on Friday and Saturday nights), I'm bringing home around $100 every two weeks. If I were to work full time 40 hrs/week, I'm sure I'd made a lot more! Best of Luck to your family...
    www.workathomeagent.com

9. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

getagrip: Dave hit the nail on the head - you can get started with $0 investment - all you need is someone to teach you the ropes...

If you don't have mentor to guide you along, then you must have the motivation to get started.
    You will need to learn and pick up the internet marketing by yourself.

[​IMG]

10. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

RVB,

I can sympathize with your situation.

A little over year ago I was also looking for work at home opportunities. Before I started looking, I made up my mind to find something that was legitimate. It took a while to sort through all of the bogus stuff, but I ended up finding the opportunities that I was looking for.

I've been successfully working from home for over a year now. I recently created a website to help people that are in the same spot that I was in when I just started looking. I provide advice and resources to successfully work from home.

There are absolutely no signup costs, no hidden fees, or anything like most of what you find when you Google "work at home". That's the first lesson I share in my site. If you have to pay for work, something is wrong. Shouldn't you be the one getting paid?

Stop by when you get a chance. Please contact me if you have any questions.