VistaPrint reseller program.. How is the program??

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by GraceTX, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Christinag

Christinag New Member

I joined the Vista Reseller program recently. In my first attempted order with a non-profit I work with was ridiculous. The only real way to make any money is with businesses and entities that don't know about Vista or doesn't wish to do the ordering themselves.

I went through the pricing, which is difficult since they didn't set up the reseller page with pricing including shipping, so you have to go through the whole ordering process to get total pricing or "request a quote" to get the total price. Either way it takes approximately half an hour to get the price to mark it up for yourself. Once you have multiple orders you'll probably have a good idea of pricing and can guesstimate with some comfort and have a floating margin your wiling to make.

With the deals they were offering that day, my potential client could go on the regular Vista site and order what she wanted for $56.[​IMG]
    My price was over 3x's that coming in at $170+.[​IMG]
    At least we both qualified for free shipping, she qualified at $50 and I could qualify at $150.[​IMG]
    In my opinion, if you have large companies that don't want to fool with ordering these types of products it will be great but, Vista advertises on the web so much, most smaller businesses are willing to do it themselves.

I joined for free and would be furious if I had paid. That's my two cents.

2. adamv

adamv New Member

Vistaprint's affiliate program is managed by Commission Junction, they offer 8-16% of sales. If you are not signed up for CJ or the Vistaprint affiliate program and want to bypass the whole process, you can get the same commission rates from Vistaprint and other Brands on everything you purchase or influence from this new site, Yazing.com

3. Cesar Villas

Cesar Villas New Member

I am learning here, I hope to succeed, for now I am just spreading thru email to get a close deal

4. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

For all newbies, think simple to get started. Focus on products or services most are already using which eliminates the selling aspect which most people are not good at, never mind enjoy. Sales is not easy, never was and never will be for most. It took me years to gravitate toward a sales career, so I know how difficult it was to transition to sales. Glad I finally took the leap as this is where the money is, always has been, always will be, so learn to earn, don't sell it, tell it, have a product or service whereby all you have to do is tell it, demonstrate it, and above all, make sure you are saving people money. Everyone is looking to save money, and when you can offer them value by doing nothing more than converting them to your product or service, this is called transfer buying, not selling, the easiest way to get into any home based business.

Success to all,

5. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Good overview, and just as I saw it too. Affiliate marketing is great, but think about it, VistaPrint is all over the internet, TV, radio, print, you name it and VistaPrint is advertising in it, so unless you have a large list you will be lucky to make a few bucks a month. You are correct, very difficult to compare all the different incentives they promote for they change constantly, and the free shipping deals most often are no better than the discounted deals with shipping extra which can be quite high if you want supposed faster delivery. Here is a tip, only go with the basic shipping even if they say it could take up to 21 days, this is pure BS, I get most of my orders using basic shipping in a week or less, so don't fall for the higher supposed faster shipping methods for this is where they make their money. They don't pay commissions on shipping, so this too is important to know, don't promote anything but the free shipping offers to maximize your commission pay outs.

Success to all,

6. adamv

adamv New Member

Almost every company online has an affiliate program, so my suggestion would be to think about your audience and what the NEED, than look for ways you can profit from solving those needs. The more you put yourself in other people's shoes and understand what solutions they are looking for, the more chances of finding the right commissions sharing programs that will be a good fit and thus profitable for you.