WA a SCAM!!!

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by arbequina, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Sonni

Sonni New Member

It's not about making $10 it's about learning the process and learning it with a team of people who know what they're doing. It is for newbies so if you're past that and feel like you need something more then maybe WA is for you instead. Both programs are legit, it's a matter of preference. I have done both.
    Sonni

2. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

You know... it probably doesn't hurt to do both... LOL

Sonni.. can you pm me the link so I can join? I'm not sure if you get credit for referrals but it doesn't hurt to study both techniques right?

Thanks again,
    Sue

3. sdeveaux

sdeveaux New Member

I'm pleased with WA - I've been a member for about 5 months and have not yet completed the 8-week training. I'm on week 5, and I've made money doing jobs on the WA Jobs section, then I realized that I was doing work for people who were smart enough to outsource their projects and I decided I could either keep reaching for low-hanging fruit and getting side-tracked or I could get moving and launch a real campaign. I just launched the first one yesterday. I bought (and I said I wouldn't buy anything else!) a really good ebook/videos on building highly targeted opt-in lists because it was recommended by Travis and it really put some pieces into place for me and motivated me to get off my rear and submit my first artlicle. I actually came to the forum today looking for a good article submission service then thought I'd see what all the hubub was about with somebody yelling "Scam" with THREE exclamation points! Here I go getting side-tracked again! I'm still in love with WA. I aint goin nowhere. If you need to pay for your monthly subscription (possibly too late for the original poster), you can always write a few articles or whatever just to pay the membership. It really is manageable and Bum Marketing is one of the few no or little investment arenas remaining that can actually generate sizeable extra income for the average beginner.

4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

That's right you could do both I don't have links I don't belong to WA anymore and 30DC is free I'm just trying to help people who don't know where to turn if they have no money and or want legit affiliate
    training so they can begin their online money making venture.
    All you need to do is google it. Good luck with whatever you do.
    Sonni

5. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Thanks Sonni. I just want to put in my 2cents in about Wealthy Affiliate....... in a DAY already (since I just joined last night) I've learned sOooOOooo much just by reading through the Junior tutorials. I LOVE IT! Hopefully, I can work extra hrs with my current biz and make enough money to pay for the whole year. That will save me $10 a month.

I'm already working in Rubix to create my website and signed up for the free hosting site. I even bought some .info domains from godaddy for only $1.49 to forward to the pre-made landing sites. I know I didn't have to, but I just don't like those long referral links.

Anyway, gotta start on squidoo. I've never wrote an article or blog, so it's taking me awhile... maybe I should check our the WAjobs and hire someone. Well I think that is a good start for me on DAY 1.

-Sue

6. weelsn888

weelsn888 New Member

Hi Sue,

How did you manage to get some .info domains from godaddy for only $1.49? I thought it charges about $8 per domain. Some internet experts advised only to get .com domains and no others for our internet business.

Cheers
    Wee [​IMG]

7. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

weelsn888: How did you manage to get some .info domains from godaddy for only $1.49? I thought it charges about $8 per domain. Some internet experts advised only to get .com domains and no others for our internet business.

GoDaddy often runs sales, especially on .info domains. i just looked up some domains there, and the .info was selling for $0.99.

weelsn888: Some internet experts advised only to get .com domains and no others for our internet business.

I do not think it matters what extension you get. If I look up a .com, and it is taken, then I would be happy to get the .net, .org, or .info if it is available.

8. Kecia08

Kecia08 New Member

The two reasons I joined WA is for the forum and Site Rubix. I have been using PL for four months now, so I have learned quite a bit, but I just need the support I can get in a forum. Plus, I don't know squat about HTML, so having an easy website builder was a must! [​IMG]

9. Jora

Jora New Member

Wealthy Affiliate is about bum marketing. I'm new at this internet business and joined them 3 week ago.

I read a lot of book but the lessons there helped me complete the puzzle.

Of course you can find all the stuff that they are teaching you on many other places but that true in almost ant field.

I'm dealing with computer graphics and you could learn it all from online tutorials but professional course cost a lot of money.

You pay for collection you all the information in one place and to the support that they are giving you.

You and only you should decide if it's worth it.

As you can see I'm not affiliate of WA and not given any link not even if my signature.

10. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

weelsn888: How did you manage to get some .info domains from godaddy for only $1.49? I thought it charges about $8 per domain. Some internet experts advised only to get .com domains and no others for our internet business.

Sorry for the late reply... I haven't been on here for almost a week now. I've been busy with WA and working on my website. To answer your question, godaddy had a sale. I'm not sure if the sale is going on. But the .info domains I bought were just to forward to the WA turn-key feeder sites.

However, after having so much fun with Site Rubix, I decided to make my own product reviews website. I still have the 2 .info domains. Does anyone want them? [​IMG]

11. kelimutu

kelimutu New Member

Hi,

I have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate for over a year and i never regreted my decision.

And the WA affiliate sales I have made my membership free.

12. molyda

molyda New Member

Arbequina... you remind me a bit of myself! I need to see the big pictures AND the little details. Just to reassure myself that I'm doing the right thing to get where I want!

And you also remind me of my previous (and last) employer: he always wanted things done for yesterday!

I'm an SBI owner for 4 months now and I haven't passed through the 5th day of its 10-day program (video tutorials, step-by-step, spoon fed but very detailed and informative).

There is a learning process and learning takes time. Even if you have a very active brain! You may learn faster than others, but you still need time to learn.

The pressure of being short of money may push you to act unwiselyl Consequences of untoughtful actions can cost you more that what you paid initially. Be careful about that! [​IMG]

13. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

arbequina: I am so mad right now, I really am.

So, I JUST need to figure out how to promote my websites and possibly host them with WA.

All of you promise me a wealth of information.

Then, I get on there JUST to find out that you are given a lesson plan and only fed little tiny bits of information for 8 weeks!!!! You can attempt to wander around in this massive jungle of information, but you won't be able to make any sense of out it, BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE THE PLAN!!

People!!!! DON'T YOU SEE THAT THEN YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR 2 MONTHS SIMPLY TO GET UP AND RUNNING???

If I do not get my hot little hands on that whole plan in 24 hours, I will quit as a member and file a paypal claim. Thieves!!!

I can't believe you tricked a poor person like me with a good cause to raise money, I hope that karma kicks you in the ar*e...hard.

WOW... What are you on my friend...

Did you want the info to jump into your head and not have to learn it... Did you think it was a get rich quick program...

Affiliate marketing is HARD, if it was easy every person in the world would do it... Wealthy affiliate is the best place to learn to do it, but you need to work!!!

I am amazed by your comment!!!

14. iSOGO

iSOGO New Member

Hi everyone... I have to admit, I felt for arbequina because I felt the same way at first... not to so much extent though... but I will say this:
    Despite me fear, I am actually appreciative of the 8 week plan - I did the as much as what I could do myself, not wanting to wait for the 8 weeks to pass, and it was pretty daunting - but, if you do have an active mind, you can get it understood in far less than 8 weeks - and it is not all that bad.
    I will also concur with others - this is not an easy business to get into - but then again neither is being a doctor - a doctor takes many years, this will take a couple of weeks - heck, let's even say a couple of months... it is still worth it. In no business do you just start operating ??“ even if you apply for a job as a receptionist they will probably put you on at least a week training.

I am a huge advocate for Wealthy Affiliates, or sometimes referred to as WA - I have tried some others, and most of them try teaching you how to sell more of their stupid product or program, which to me is a scam.

If you are considering getting into affiliate marketing, or even just getting your existing business online, I believe you will be stupid to not go for the Wealthy Affiliate - it is really worth it.

As a last word... I judge a lot on whether a company is willing to take payments by PayPal, and that is how WA works - most others want your credit card details, and good luck trying to get them to stop taking money from you... if a company accepts PayPal, in my books they are prepared to be honest, because they know you can stop the payment much easier - these guys are not sharks!

[Link removed - Admin]

15. klrrider

klrrider New Member

I am a happy wealthy affiliate member since oct 07... I have progressed slow but have have made progress none the less.

Some who have joined after me have passed me up. The success of WA depends on yourself and your own circumstances, the course itself is second to none in value.

It is all about rolling up your sleeves and getting you hands dirty.

16. RuthStewart

RuthStewart New Member

Hi,

I love WA, I have been a member for a few weeks now, it is brilliant. There is so much help and support in the forums its unbelieveable. You couldn't really ask for more.

People do get overwhelmed at first - I know I did - but then I did want to read everything all at once. Now I recommend that people either stick to the eight week program at first, or if they must read it all, take regular breaks to avoid brainmelt!

If you are determined to make it, then you will do so at Wealthy Affiliate.

Best wishes,
    Ruth
    aka BookwormR

17. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Do you guys think WA will run over MOIS ??

I am a MOIS marketer, and having good time with them over

3 months made couple sales..

What about WA? any body will share some good or bad

experiences? I would love to compare between two systems

Because It's part of my personal research. I hope some one will

answer this..(I need specific sales experiences)

Happy day~[​IMG]

18. ModernMother

ModernMother New Member

The big thing about a program like this is that it appeals to people who do not have a lot of time and who don't know a lot about affiliate marketing. I look at programs like WA as a course that teaches people what to do and like anything, learning something new takes time. I believe you should take your time with each step and make sure you are doing things right. If you rush through you may miss out on something.

19. Ydris

Ydris New Member

arbequina

Wow all i can say is that you sound really mad, i hope you can get over it and move forward to really get what you really want.

Ydris

20. Fanciadance

Fanciadance Guest

All I can say to this is that if it wasn't for WA,. I probably would never have made any money online. They taught me all I know and I love WA. [​IMG]