WA advice please

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by carlrigby, Apr 8, 2009.

1. carlrigby

carlrigby New Member

Hi,

I have been browsing the net for sometime, looking for an opportunity that will enable me to work from home. Time again the WA programme pops up with positive reviews but after being duped into parting with my cash on a couple of schemes Iam reluctant to risk further losses. I have mentioned "making money on the internet" to friends/family and get the usual suspicious looks, sometimes even laughter but I am keen to pursue this. I am based in the UK and work fulltime in the recruitment industry, my goal is to be home based working as an AM, which will enable me to spend more time with my family and hopefully provide me with a reasonable income, I currently earn ??50,000 per year. So cutting to the chase, is this a scam and if not does it REALLY work and is it feasible to earn that sort of money?

Thanks for your time, I welcome your thoughts.

2. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

Hi,

IMHO there are very few SCAMS online, there are just very rubbish information programs.

I bought 2 programs before I bought WA. They wern't scams as such, they were just sh!t ... I started affilliate marketing in August '08 and only made 1 sale of $22 between that and joining WA in December '08 .

WA is not a scam, it's actually unreal. All the top marketers from around the world are members there. Some of the making millions every years (enter Travis Sago) .

Join WA... It's hard work and a lot of study but it's the best marketing course on the web, If you arn't successful at WA then you definately won't be successful anywhere else online

carlrigby: Hi,

I have been browsing the net for sometime, looking for an opportunity that will enable me to work from home. Time again the WA programme pops up with positive reviews but after being duped into parting with my cash on a couple of schemes Iam reluctant to risk further losses. I have mentioned "making money on the internet" to friends/family and get the usual suspicious looks, sometimes even laughter but I am keen to pursue this. I am based in the UK and work fulltime in the recruitment industry, my goal is to be home based working as an AM, which will enable me to spend more time with my family and hopefully provide me with a reasonable income, I currently earn ??50,000 per year. So cutting to the chase, is this a scam and if not does it REALLY work and is it feasible to earn that sort of money?

Thanks for your time, I welcome your thoughts.

3. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello carlrigby,

Wealthy Affiliate is absolutely legitimate and everything is as promised and more. The reviews are right on. I have been a totally happy WA member since 2007, and have not had to purchase anything else.
    I did buy more hosting because I am working on many websites and do not like to move files.

Whatever you do, please, do not allow friends and family to discourage you. What you believe will be your experience and outcome.
    This is very powerful.

They will see...[​IMG]

Congratulations on working at home! Freedom is great isn't it?
    Victoria

4. carlrigby

carlrigby New Member

Thanks for your advice guys, think I'm going to give it a go, I have nothing to lose. Will look you up on the other side.

5. garygoh

garygoh New Member

footbag_man: Join WA... It's hard work and a lot of study but it's the best marketing course on the web, If you arn't successful at WA then you definately won't be successful anywhere else online
    This is not true! You don't need to be a member of WA in order to be successful. There are tons of methods and coaching websites out there! WA is only one of them.

6. wrobertson

wrobertson New Member

Hi all,

I am new to WAHF and this particular forum. So, I'm just getting familiar around here and viewing some of the post.

However, since I am in WA I felt I could hopefully add something to this post, at least with regard to my experience in WA.

I got in WA on a business associate's recommendation, and the $1 seven day trail offer.

My first time in the WA site I was really a little, no alot, overwhelmed. It is quite a bit of info there for newbies. However, I have always been somewhat of an adventurer. So, I just began to feel my way around the site.

I started with the 8 week action plan, went through, and am going through 8 week and learning resource center.

I have found the forum there to be a great resource also.

I found the info at WA to be informative.

Prior to joining WA, I was buying every new E-book, new this, that, and the other. I can hardly see the microsoft screen saver on my monitor desk top, for all the zip files I have down loaded.LOL!!!

I finally decided to FOCUS. Thus I joined WA.

One other noteworthy, as VictoriaNTC stated in their post, do not allow family nor friends to discourage you in your entrepreneuer endeavours. The journey might not be easy, but it will be worth it!!!

Only believe!

Much success to all!!!

7. christina1005

christina1005 New Member

hello to all! this may make me sound so dumb, but i have been researching and researching and just need some help ;0) i have been looking for a legit work from home opp for waaay to long now and wealthy affiliates seems to be the only honest thing.. now i understand it is marketing.. but WHAT are you marketing. im just so confused lol i know i know dumb, but im sorry i just need someone to cut the crap and tell me EXACTLY what it is. do i need my own business to makret? am i marketing someone elses stuff? PLEASE PLEASE HELP! all i really want to do is have a legit work from home job.. i honestly would rather not be on the phones at all, but i wouldnt mind doing it from home. anywho, thanx soo much for your time and appreciate the help in advance. ;0)

8. mlynn

mlynn Member

garygoh: footbag_man:
    Join WA... It's hard work and a lot of study but it's the best marketing course on the web, If you arn't successful at WA then you definately won't be successful anywhere else online

This is not true! You don't need to be a member of WA in order to be successful. There are tons of methods and coaching websites out there! WA is only one of them.
    Agree with Gary! You don't need to join WA to be successful. There are many other excellent resources (many are free) where you can learn affiliate and Internet marketing.

9. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I did WA some time ago for the 8 week intro or whatever. I didn't do much for me I was a serious newbie and needed more instruction.

So, I went for the 30 Day Challenge which is free and for me was better. Then moved on to the Niche Blogger where I have been for 9 months now. WA is not the only way to go there are other good programs online. The only thing I liked about WA was the forum.

Later I found the Warrior forum to be better anyway. Oh, it's nice to have Travis around with great stuff now and then. I didn't care much for the guys who owned it. The problem is it's hard to get a real review, since all those who write them are WA members and are affiliates. This is my real review cut short.
    Sonni

10. Dave B

Dave B New Member

christina1005: hello to all! this may make me sound so dumb, but i have been researching and researching and just need some help ;0) i have been looking for a legit work from home opp for waaay to long now and wealthy affiliates seems to be the only honest thing.. now i understand it is marketing.. but WHAT are you marketing. im just so confused lol i know i know dumb, but im sorry i just need someone to cut the crap and tell me EXACTLY what it is. do i need my own business to makret? am i marketing someone elses stuff? PLEASE PLEASE HELP! all i really want to do is have a legit work from home job.. i honestly would rather not be on the phones at all, but i wouldnt mind doing it from home. anywho, thanx soo much for your time and appreciate the help in advance. ;0)
    Hi Christina,

WA primarily teaches affiliate marketing, whereby you become an affiliate of the merchant of the product.

The product can be anything from software and information ebooks to physical goods.

It doesn't matter. The goal is to get people to buy goods or services via your affiliate links and you receive a percentage of the commission.

The methods you use to do that are many and varied from Article Marketing to PPC to Video Marketing to email marketing.

There are some many different ways to do Internet Marketing.

I understand your confusion and frustration.

I always recommend people find the niche first and then pick the products that meet their specific needs and then decide the best method to market to them.

By 'niche', I simply mean a group of people with a need or desire.

People who want to improve their golf swing for example.

I also always recommend that people, when starting out, pick something that they are interested in, a niche they are already a part of.

Will WA help you? As the last two posters pointed out there are many other places available but WA is the place I started and it's worked well for me so I recommend it (and I'm naturally an affiliate also).

But whichever route you decide to take you must be prepared to put the effort in.

There is no such thing as a get rich quick scheme. Avoid anything that tells you IM is easy money.

HTH

Dave B

11. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello christina1005,

I work exclusively at home and thank Kyle and Carson of Wealthy Affiliate for contributing big to my success.

It takes time.

Wealthy Affiliate teaches many marketing methods and offers all of the tools you could ever want, included.

The Thirty Day Challenge teaches one method of marketing, blogging and I do participate because I like the different perspective of the tools.

I feel a good marketer never stops learning.

I hope this is helpful for you

Victoria

12. jenncez

jenncez New Member

I am just starting out with WA, I'm on week 3 of the training. Sooo much information. Very overwhelming, but I'm glad to see others say that it's well worth it and they are successful. Hopefully I am too!!

13. mexia

mexia Guest

I like the Wealthy affiliate and i don't think it comes anywhere close to being a scam. If you are new to internet marketing i would definitely recommend Wealthy affiliate university, the tools and learning materials will help you. I am joined wealthy affiliate like two years ago and i have to say wealthy affiliate has largely contributed to my success.
    Give Wealthy affiliate a try. You won't regret it. Trust me.
    Cheers. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

14. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Its really funny to read all this advice here and also people who are offering WA with $1. Well...its because they can get into Vegas then [​IMG]. But ok....ill make my review here...maybe this will open people eyes.

First yes. Wealthy Affiliate is a good place, if you know already what is affiliate marketing. I was there twice. Both times left with same thing. They dont give you what they promise. And im going to explain now, how.

First. Let say you get stuck....ofcourse...ask forums or...ask Kyle or Carson. I did ask in forum. Only 1 replied and give some advice. What was "buy this product, it will help". It was one week marketing guide. This product is total ****. I mean you pay for something what is free. Its mostly how to create a lens in squidoo.com, how to ping your blog etc. All covered in squidoo...for free. Asked refund after few days.
    So asked help from owners...Kyle and Carson. What did i get. Answers were pretty much copy-paste or answer templates...I had already completed 8 week action plan, but answer what i got was "8 week action plan (link), helps you". I asked about Rapid Writer and few stuff about article marketing...i got answer about 8 week action plan. I mean seriously????!!!!
    Then...while talking with some other members in private...i found out that Kyle and Carson pay people to reply for emails. Like support team. What i totally understand. They get lots of emails. But why they promise 1 on 1 couching? That THEY actually help you. Thats wrong.

Recently they got upgrade "WA Platinum". New looks and everyhting. But all text is still years old. Some of the samples are from 2006. I mean seriously...value is what customers are looking for. Give them new samples, new learning materials...they learn much quicker and better.

Ok forum is a great place. Lots of good information there...but im not going to pay that kind of money to read a forum.

I met 3 guys there who helped me to start my own business and its a real pleasure working with them. For now...one of them left also from WA, because its pointless to pay money to read forum. They are not going to teach you the way you think.

This is what i think about Wealthy Affiliate. Its a great place to make new contacts...but bad place to learn how to succeed.

I made 1 post before i left from WA. And still...tools and guides wont make you money. Its YOU who make money.