WA - Starting Out

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by hockeynut, Feb 20, 2009.

1. hockeynut

hockeynut New Member

Hello All,

As you can see, I'm new to the forum. I apologize if this topic is posted elsewhere. I'm seriously considering joining WA, based on the positive comments and feedback I've read so far.

I joined some other program back in October and regretted it. That system gave me a search engine website then proceeded to collect $30/month from me. It then started to push more products to purchase. Very annoying. Glad I got out when I did.

Now it's time to start doing things the right way. From what it sounds like, WA is a great training ground for building a business. Is that true?

Also, I was wondering about cost. I understand that $30 or $40 per month is the fee. I have no problem paying good money for things, as long as I get something useful in return. It sounds like the content in WA is well worth the monthly fees. Now, my question is this: What would be my monthly costs to setup and maintain revenue generating programs? Are we talking $100/month? $500? Or are even these figures unrealistic?

I realize there's no such thing as a free lunch, and that a system like WA won't allow me to retire overnight. I am certainly willing to spend time learning. It will just be more enjoyable and rewarding for me if I know what to expect as far as monthly monetary outlays. When it comes to spending money, I'm not a big fan of surprises.

Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I am sure others will be by very soon that are using the WA program. I have not used that one myself, but from what I have heard it is a great program.

[​IMG]

3. wamem

wamem New Member

WA is awesome!!!! I joined about 2 months ago ... and as far as how much more you will need to spend a month is completely up to you. They teach you everything you need to know to make money for free. Now it may take more time and work if you take the free route but if you are not interested in spending alot of money its the way to go. They also teach you how to do PPC and you can get a $50 start with yahoo. Which if you follow the techniques that should be all you need to start. Then just use some of the profits to keep your campaigns running.
    I love WA and I hope to see you there sometime..... if you do happen to join PM me in the forum I can help you learn your way about ... its amberg08. Well good luck!

4. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

Hi Hockeynut

I am too a member at wealthy affiliate now going into my third month and personally i dontthink it is something that you will end up regretting. Its a sound educational experience with plenty to offer well worth more than the membership fee.

Just a tip for you, if you do join as a member you will be allowed to promote WA as an affiliate and you will be paid a ongoing monthly commission for any referals you make, in which case you will then in effect be getting you membership for free. Its just another thought for you to consider.

As far as any further outlay costs for you, it really depends on which way you choose to go with your business WA offer you the chance to take the free road or the PPC so it will be upto you really, but i can guarantee you wont find any nasty surprises there in fact I think you will be pleasantly surprised. The only cost i myself have incurred so far is the purchase of a domain name which cost me just $7 my hosting is free with WA.

Hope this helps you out

take care

5. hockeynut

hockeynut New Member

Thanks to all for the responses. I joined WA late last night. I've come across some great info already.

wamem, I saw your message. Thanks for the greeting!

6. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

look forward to seeing you in the forum

7. footbag_man

footbag_man New Member

Hi There,

There is no contract at WA so you can cancel you subscribtion whenever you want.

WA is $39 monthly but most people (including myself) have made at least 2 WA referals since we joined, these add up to $40, so now I am effectively getting WA for free... You should be at this level after 2-3 months at the very longest.

WA is by far the best IM program on the market and it is also the most successful with over 200,000 members having joined since 2005.

The forum is amazing and you also get 1-2-1 coaching from K&C and a guy called Marcus aswell...

K&C are always updating WA so you can always be sure you are getting up to date info, unlike nearly all the other IM tutorials on the market...

You get free web hosting, free web site builder and loads of other cool stuff...

If you ahve any more questions just shoot me a PM, coz I don't usually be on the forums that much,

Hope this helps,

Fergal

hockeynut: Hello All,

As you can see, I'm new to the forum. I apologize if this topic is posted elsewhere. I'm seriously considering joining WA, based on the positive comments and feedback I've read so far.

I joined some other program back in October and regretted it. That system gave me a search engine website then proceeded to collect $30/month from me. It then started to push more products to purchase. Very annoying. Glad I got out when I did.

Now it's time to start doing things the right way. From what it sounds like, WA is a great training ground for building a business. Is that true?

Also, I was wondering about cost. I understand that $30 or $40 per month is the fee. I have no problem paying good money for things, as long as I get something useful in return. It sounds like the content in WA is well worth the monthly fees. Now, my question is this: What would be my monthly costs to setup and maintain revenue generating programs? Are we talking $100/month? $500? Or are even these figures unrealistic?

I realize there's no such thing as a free lunch, and that a system like WA won't allow me to retire overnight. I am certainly willing to spend time learning. It will just be more enjoyable and rewarding for me if I know what to expect as far as monthly monetary outlays. When it comes to spending money, I'm not a big fan of surprises.

Any info on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

8. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Hockeynut,

I am a Wealthy Affiliate Member, and spend absolutely nothing to run my IM campaigns.

I did go ahead and purchase unlimited hosting $9.99 per month.
    WA has free hosting, but not unlimited.
    I like to keep everything in one place, and do not like to transfer things.
    So, I jumped ahead with hosting.

That's about it!

Victoria