Wa vs. MMM

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by bdkfreedom, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 040107

040107 Member

You know, now here's a chance for Wealthy Affiliates and Maverick
    Money Makers to show what they're made of.

WA and MMM should stop comparing their $40-$97/month
    membership to a course with a one-time cost like Profit Lance or My
    Online Income System. They're different as in apples and oranges.
    If you think about it it would cost thousands of dollars to have
    access to these kinds of memberships so you should think that
    you're getting your money's worth right? Well, not always.

How much value is packed in these memberships? That depends on
    the individual. However, certainly these sites try to inflate their
    perceived value by adding things that you certainly can get
    elsewhere for free such as a forum. Of course everything is
    conveniently there in the members area for you.

I find that membership sites often loses value as your cost to access
    increases over time and new worthwhile content becomes more
    infrequent. Most membership sites often become static in a few
    months time with the exception of WA and maybe MMM.

However, Wealthy Affiliates is clever by giving new members access
    to the "8-week plan" only one week at a time. This ensures more
    people stay with the course for at least two months before
    canceling their memberships. By this time, they've already paid
    around $80 for access. Hopefully they would have enough time to
    absorb the material.

You may or may not need any of these to start making money but
    having the right information packaged in a way that is easy for you
    to learn is always good.

Anyway, stop comparing a monthly-fee product to a one-time-fee
    product!

So....WA or MMM?

2. fatman

fatman New Member

I haven't heard of MMM before but I gave the site a quick skim. At first glance, the site seems to be a bit hypey..."This System Makes Me At Least $171,168.06 Per Month And You Can Start Using It 15 Minutes From Now"...

While it is definitely possible to make that much money, I am sorry but you are not going to be able to do that in 15 minutes. It takes time to learn how to make money online no matter which tool/site/ebook you use to learn. From that perspective, the WA sales page seems a little more realistic to me, which I personally prefer.

Second is the price. I agree that it is not always best to compare a one-time fee for an ebook to a monthly membership to a site. Profit Lance does cost more than WA initially, but you only pay once. WA is cheaper to join, but if you want to stay for any length of time, then the months do add up quickly if you are on a budget.

$97 a month to join MMM seems a bit much for me. There is no way I would have considered it when I first started out. Having said that though, if it does teach you how to do affiliate marketing and you make some referrals, you can essentially remain a member there for free. This applies to both WA and MMM.

Third is the content. Although some people don't like WA overly much, I can honestly say that it has helped me learn to make money online. While I am still by no means rich, I have learned all the basics and then some and make money regularly now (although again it is not much since I don't spend much time doing it...I'm a full time college student).

I joined WA with no experience related to marketing of any kind, and the Learning Center tutorials showed me exactly how to get started. While forums and other resources do add to the learning process, WA was all I really needed to get started.

I have not used MMM, so I can't really comment on their content. It sounds to me like it is a lot of the same stuff they teach you at WA. I can't find too much on the sales page that says exactly what they will teach you, but the videos do look impressive and I would guess that the site is a good one.

I am not here to sway anybody and suggest WA over MMM, or vice versa. I just know that when I was first starting out, WA was what I found first...and it worked for me. [​IMG] If I had tried PL or something else, who knows, that may have worked too. If I found MMM though I wouldn't have considered it because of the $100 per month.

You have to decide what is best for you. Take a look at all your options carefully and decide what to try. I do recommend taking Victoria's (NTC) advice and sticking to a single program though. If you focus, you have a much higher chance of success.

I suppose I can never really know how good MMM is unless I joined myself. I do have to admit that the site looks impressive and I think it may help anybody who wants to learn how to start making some regular money online.

I think that both WA and MMM could help you. You just have to decide which to go with. For me, price was the deciding factor, but that may vary for different people.

Bottom Line: Do what you want. I know that WA has helped me personally so I can honestly recommend it. I will not be so naive though to claim that it is the best site in the universe. It is highly likely that there are other membership sites out there that are just as good, or even better.

All I can say is that WA is not a scam, which many people seem to think. It is a real training program that helped me. But there are other options too. Once somebody joins MMM and shares some more information about it, I would love to hear it.

I hope this helps someone. I know this post is pretty long and I may appear to be rambling, but my point is simply that WA is a good option, but there are other options too. [​IMG]

-Mike

PS. 040107, you make some good points (and I agreed with some earlier in my post). However, I do need to make one clarification.

You imply that WA tricks people into staying longer so they make more money. They do this by having the 8 week plan available only one week at a time. This would indeed mean that a person would have to pay for two months to get the full plan.

However, that is not the case. If you go to the Learning Center, you can get all the information immediately. It is not broken up into an 8 week plan, but the information is all the same. Instead the tutorials are broken up into three sections: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.

You can go at your own pace and don't really have to wait 8 weeks to finish the plan. I was in a hurry when I started and I wanted the information quickly. So I went to the learning center and got all the tutorials instantly, and finished almost everything my first week.

Just wanted to clarify. [​IMG] I am not here to say that WA is better than MMM, but I will stand up for WA since it has helped me. As always, if anybody has any questions about WA feel free to PM me.

3. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Finally, Mike to the rescue on behalf of WA. Hi Mike! Good job of getting your 2 cents in.

My 2 cents is that WA is more credible even though I did do the 8 week program and it didn't do much for me. I got more out of the 30 Day Challenge which is designed with newbies in mind. And I have more respect for Ed Dale than the 2 at WA, lol their names I don't remember.

From all that I've read particularly in the Warrior Forum there are some controversial threads on MMM. I would not join them or trust them based on what research I've done.

WA is not a scam by any means and works great for a lot of people. MMM is getting a bad rap fast looks like a risky deal.
    Sonni

4. bdkfreedom

bdkfreedom New Member

Hmmm, many interesting comments from everyone so far...Thank you! Well, the truth of the matter is that every program out there is not relevant for everyone. Each and every online entrepreneur has success with stuff and no success with others, just the way it goes.

Sonni-as far as warrior forum is concerned I also visited it and read the reviews on MMM. The main reason for the bad reviews there is that in MMM, he uses the warrior forum as an example to post threads and post sig links. Everyone that has signed up went to the forum without knowing exactly how to post and pretty much spammed the whole forum=not good for true MMM members.

I am currently a member of MMM, finished the PL course last month and made very little money with that program. With being a MMM member, I have already made double what I accomplished with PL. Not dissing PL by any means, just wasn't the right program for me.

I agree with most of your replies in that the $100 a month membership is a lot for a newbie with MMM, although getting just two people to sign up pays for your membership while you learn a mountain of information to create your own wealth!!

I never believe anyones pitch pages myself yet know that they are doing something right in terms of making money online. I am basically taking bits and pieces from everything (MMM,PL,forums,etc) to generate a steady income online!

Oh and a little sidenote, MMM does have a 60-day money back guarantee for those that thought otherwise. I am only 3 weeks in and will have next months dues paid for already just by my referrals!

As for MMM providing you with your own website...the answer is no..... BUT the secrets revealed in the club show you so many sites available that I had never even seen or heard of to use that are FREE! My biggest struggle with affiliate marketing was finding out how to create a landing page. I made numerous calls and emails to find out the pricing for someone to make me a landing page. The average rate out there was about $500! Yikes! With MMM, I have mastered the idea and can now focus on which products to promote rather than what my visitors will see! The "doorway page" does all the work for me and I set them up for FREE!!

So, for those still confused about MMM, pm me and we can talk some more!

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I can't comment on MMM, but $97 is A LOT of money to pay on a monthly basis. I'm sure the information at MMM is great (and it better be for $97 a month), but I kind of wonder if its another Profit Lance type course - a lot of tutorials, but nothing cutting edge.

What is cutting edge about WA is not the tutorials or the tools (although the Competition Spy Tool, Clickbank Research Tool, and My-linker all rock!), but the forum. I've never seen a place where members so freely share information and don't hold back on secrets.

I still remember when article marketing was relatively unknown, and in the WA forum a guy named Travis Sago (the creator of BUM Marketing) decided to share what he knew, in spite of the fact that it would mean more competition for him. 2703 WA forum posts later, Travis is still giving cutting edge information that you can't find anywhere else.

Its not just Travis, however. WA members like Thadroe (Affiliate Niche Club), Potpiegirl (One Week Marketing) and too many others to mention always step up to the plate and give perspectives on internet marketing strategies you aren't going to find in any tutorial. With tutorials, you are only scratching the surface and getting general information - with the stuff you learn at the WA forum, you are digging sooooo much deeper and learning sooooo much more.

So, if you want to shell out $97 a month, I'm sure MMM can help you. I've heard a lot of people say that if the only thing WA included was the forum and nothing else, it would be worth the monthly fee, so take that for what it is worth...

6. westfam11

westfam11 Member

I don't know about WA but with MMM the f.r.e.e. videos that he gives before you even pay for the site (seven in total) are not general information at all. It is a step-by-step video that tells you exactly what to do and how to do it. I am not a paying member but if the inside is anything like the f.r.e.e. videos, it would be worth the $97.00.

Becky

7. klrrider

klrrider New Member

It has been awhile since I have been here and I am glad to see all the comments on WA, MMM and PL.

I happen to be a member of all three so I thought I would add my 2 cents.

I joined PL, WA and MMM in that order over the past two years. ALL have their positive attributes and have helped me to learn and believe me I am a slow learner!

If I had to pick one it would be WA. And it is because of the Forum and the other tools that allow you to interact with the membership. If you say you belong to WA I can verify that and even communicate with you there. Not so with PL and MMM.

I feel that Kyle and Carson are the most loyal to their customers. I receive emails from all three and Andrew and Mac are always promoting other programs whereas Kyle and Carson only promote WA and WA products. I feel that tells me a little something about them and their integrity.

I must say though that WA and MMM do upsell you after you join and that is not the case with PL

The money is not an issue with me because I have promoted all there enough that my memberships are covered.

I would like to conclude by saying ALL THREE are Great and in their own way have something unique to offer and are worth the money spent.

Thanks to WAHF for giving us some neutral ground to stand on!

Later...

8. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I watched the MMM videos the other night and I must say the Mack guy try's to sound sincere at least. He brags about working only 4 hours a day and then turns right around and says he's available 24/7 for all his peeps. I don't know which one it is to tell you the truth, probably works way more than 4 hours my guess.

It looks like he has a lot to offer and knows his stuff. Of course, like all the other guru's he leads you along and drags out all the information over time so that he can keep you a member and continues to tempt you with more so that you will stay.

I don't believe it's a scam, but something about him bothers me not sure what it is. I'm a thinking person and never buy or jump into anything without serious thought, but if I wasn't and was desperate like many newbies are he would have got me. He's convincing as all get out and his club is impressive. Maybe that's what bothers me. My 2 cents on MMM.
    Sonni

9. workingman08

workingman08 New Member

As a customer of both programs, I will say that both bring an enormous amount of information to the table. If you're lazy [​IMG] or hate to read a lot [​IMG] then nothing will work out for you.

Either way, it takes effort and a huge fire under your ass to succeed. Either one will do the trick, so I guess the cost comparison becomes the relevant factor.

Good luck, you'll need it [​IMG]

10. chrisbag

chrisbag New Member

Well everybody is different and what suits one person doesnt always suit another. They are two different kinds of programs, personally i do not really see how they can be compared to each, so what is the point

11. Sonni

Sonni New Member

From what I have seen from videos at MMM the guy preys upon newbies who are desperate and have no knowledge of what is going on. He has a way of con-vincing if you get my drift.

PL I have only read about and researched and see that what NS says is true there is always someone looking for Mike and it also has a lot refunds. I was never impressed by it or wanted to buy it.

WA I did for 8 weeks I tried to grasp it, but felt like they give the what but not the how or why. A bunch of pieces of a puzzle that I couldn't figure out and I really tried. They do have a good forum, but the WF forum works just as well if not better to help learn IM.

Out of all three I think WA is the best of the bunch if I had a gun to my head and was forced to use one of them.

I'm not sure what's a scam and what's called making a good profitable business decision to the guys who run these things and I'm not sure if they know either.

Maybe they have con-vinced themselves into believing that they're just making good business decisions. But what about all the clueless newbies who trust them with their hard earned money?

That's my 2 cents, as I see it everyone has a right to their opinion and to all the newbies who read this I will just say, do your homework before you spend your hard earned money or savings on any program.

BTW, take the 30 Day Challenge it's FREE and will give you a good idea on what internet/affiliate marketing is all about.
    Sonni

12. wamem

wamem New Member

I haven't purchased mmm but I am a WA member
    I love it ... I had purchased a few different work at home programs and I was sinking horribly As soon as I purchased WA Kyle actually coached me to success! I love those two guys. They are great! Not knocking MMM just sharing my WA experience. From what I've heard they both seem to be pretty good programs. I guess it falls more on what you want to spend.
    Well Good Luck To All

13. klrrider

klrrider New Member

wamem: I purchased WA Kyle actually coached me to success! I love those two guys. They are great!
    Ditto that, also there are some really good tutorials by some of the WA members in the Share Zone... no affiliate links or promotions in them at all... just great information.

Like your "Golden Review" [​IMG]

14. sirnate27

sirnate27 New Member

I'll have to check out thhis WA thing. I've been with MMM for about a year and so far it's paid off quite well. Lots of video!

15. gowriter

gowriter Member

I have done both Maverick Money Makers and Wealthy Affiliate.

BOTH are excellent places to learn how to make money online. In fact, I credit them to be the top two most cost-effective affiliate marketing coaching programs I have seen to date.

Trust me. I've spent $2000 to $7000 on two professional phone coaching programs which are really overpriced for the things you learn.

I decided to go with Maverick Money Makers because I'm more of visual learner. Plus, I have two search engines going at the same time. On Safari I'm watching his video about search engine intelligence while on my Mozilla Browser I'm following along with the links step by step.

Because I learn through imitation and actually doing it, Mack Michael's style of teaching is excellent for me. He explained things in plain laymen's terms. And everything he teaches is how to make money online using free tools or inexpensive tools already on the internet.

He shows you how to keyword research with plain old Google Keyword Tool. He'll teach how to make a website for free without using web hosting (unless you want to), but it's all budget tactics. The guy's been doing this for ten years. He knows what it was like when Google first decided to put Adwords on their site. Mack Michaels is very much a Google Man. Very loyal.

Wealthy Affiliate has a great community. Their forum is their signature. The people in WA's forum are very positive and are very much like a family unlike some other forums on the net where the people can get snide or bored or uber spiritual about their online money making experience.

MMM has no forum, but they do have a knowledge base portal a to direct your questions. The team will answer within a day at the latest.

Kyle and Carson are very caring towards their members. You have a question, you can PM them personally, and they will provide you one-on-one help right away. A week after you sign up with them and had the chance to peruse the features in WA, they will follow-up with an email to you to see how you're doing. They'll ask you to PM them personally if you haven't already done so.

WA also has an easy to use interface. Keyword research, competition research, free webhosting, free article writing system that can check for competition is stellar. These are all their own in-house technology. It's nothing they joint ventured from someone else. All the technology is theirs. They also just recently launched Niche Q which is a feature that shows which niches are making money on the net, and they have these massive reports that go with them.

Mack Michaels also tells you what niches make money but it's more low brow. He's like, "This is a great niche that sells well, and you can sell on this location using this technique." He's a little more cut and dry, but it works.

Mack Michaels goes into great detail about SEO, Keyword effectiveness index, content creation and how it relates to Google's search egnine. He demos how to research your keyword, how to research your competitor's sites, where onto their sites to look for meta tags, links that are coming in to their sites which you can model off of, etc.

Wealthy Affiliate talks about the basics of search engine optimization, and their tools make it easier for you to do the research, but they don't go into the amount of detail that Mack Michaels does. So if your primary mode of monetization is Adsense, the it behooves you to get the SEO right.

Wealthy Affiliate is, in my opinion, the master of article writing because (1) Travis Sago (the Bum Marketer) is an active member and (2) Kyle and Carson are simply good writers. Their tone is consistent in everything they've created from PMing, to their ebooks, to their 8 week instruction, etc. Their teaching is plain, directive, instructing, informative and also pleasant-toned. No condescending tone in their teaching whatsoever.

Mack Michaels is the same way. He's soft spoken. Practical-toned and practical-minded. A bit of a sense of humor as he lightly teases his guru counterparts on their complicated way of teaching, but the man knows his stuff.

Welathy Affiliate has an ebook called Beating Adwords which shows you how to master Adwords and increase your quality score. Mack Michaels prefers the content network method of Adwords and kind of laughes at the quality score it. Mack also teaches Adbrite Mastery.

WA addresses email marketing. MMM does not.

Kyle and Carson tend to be more technology-oriented because they were both computer majors in college. But for being techies, they explain things very, very well in plain English. Mack Michaels is a learn by doing kind of guy. He did things through trial and error and has ten years to prove it.

Both have made millions of dollars from affiliate marketing.

Both will NOT scam you.

Both will teach you skills that you need to conquer affiliate marketing.

Wealthy Affiliate is $39/month. MMM is $97/month.

Both are worth the money.

If you really want that community and interactive feel with like-minded friends who are going what you're going through, then Wealthy Affiliate is the way to go.

If you're a visual learner and understand best from imitation and just doing things, then Maverick Money Makers is definitely up your alley.

16. 040107

040107 Member

17. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Gowriter,

Excellent compare and contrast descriptions. That's probably the most helpful WA and MMM reply I've seen to date. Well done.

~Newbie Shield~

18. klrrider

klrrider New Member

sirnate27: I've been with MMM for about a year and so far it's paid off quite well. Lots of video!

MMM was launched Sep 21, 2008 MMM

040107: How often is Maverick Money Makers is updated?
    New Updates every month. Been a member since Nov 5th.

gowriter: gowriter
    Best comparison I have seen!

19. wamem

wamem New Member

klrrider: klrrider
    klrrider: Like your "Golden Review"
    Thanks for checking my sites out!

20. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I will watch the MM videos..

"However, Wealthy Affiliates is clever by giving new members access
    to the "8-week plan" only one week at a time. This ensures more
    people stay with the course for at least two months before
    canceling their memberships. By this time, they've already paid
    around $80 for access. Hopefully they would have enough time to
    absorb the material."

Just to clarify, the entire Wealthy Affiliate 8 Week Action Plan is available immediately upon joining...it's right on the dashboard and easier to find now.

Have fun, regardless of which path you follow..[​IMG]
    Victoria