Warm Market mlm Never Worked for me

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by jburbage, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jburbage

jburbage New Member

I made my list. I called my family and friends. I had my in-home meetings. I read all the books, listened to the CDs. Eventually I came to a conclusion. The number of people that I needed to contact in order to get one person fully committed to my venture was MUCH larger than I anticipated. I eventually learned how to build online and I learned to build a team before joining an opportunity. I will never return to the old way of building a business.
  2. Matt_Zavadil

Matt_Zavadil New Member

I get what you're saying. In today's day and age, learning everything about how to market correctly online is essential. It's a great way to target those on the INternet already looking for us. With that said, though, I believe it's still important to understand how to market in the warm market because some of the people you recruit won't have the inclination or skillset to get themselves all set up online. So, if we can teach those folks how to properly talk to their warm market, it can be of BIG benefit to them.
  3. Hi John,

People buy you before they buy your company.

1. Did you strongly believed in your company? or did your friends saw it in your eyes.

2. You have to be excited as if you have the goldmine or you are already living the dream lifestyle through your company.

3. You have to get a yes that network marketing and your company will work big time for you.

4. Did you get a 3 way calling with your upline.

5. There must be something missing. One only learns from experience and atleast you must be knowing what doesn't works
  4. jburbage

jburbage New Member

Yadvinder,

I agree with much of what you say. But, not your basic thought. If everyone were somehow able to perfectly analyze the list that they are asked to make in the warm marketing approach, here's what they would find:

- many will never do mlm, period
    - many might do mlm, but they aren't looking do add anything to their schedule
    - others don't have the personality needed
    - others do not have the drive needed
    - others won't like your particular opportunity or compensation plan
    - others will join, but quickly drop out when they experience a small amount of failure

What you have said is what everyone is told, you did not do the approach perfectly, so that's wht you failed. I am suggesting that the approach, done perfectly, will not work for most of the people reading this. With just a few exceptions, it only works for people who have great influence initially.

If you go to the online approach I have learned, you can approach people who have already shown an interest in Network Marketing. The warm market list that the warm market approach suggests might be 200, at most. I have over 400 Facebook friends now who are network marketing minded! And that's with about 1 month of effort.

I agree that if one does what you say, their success will increase. But most will still be disappointed with the results.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

jburbage: - many will never do mlm, period
    - many might do mlm, but they aren't looking do add anything to their schedule
    - others don't have the personality needed
    - others do not have the drive needed
    - others won't like your particular opportunity or compensation plan
    - others will join, but quickly drop out when they experience a small amount of failure

What you have said is what everyone is told, you did not do the approach perfectly, so that's wht you failed. I am suggesting that the approach, done perfectly, will not work for most of the people reading this. With just a few exceptions, it only works for people who have great influence initially.
    I totally agree.. most of the people that have success with this method are ALREADY successful, have a large influence OR have a large amount of money that can be put into advertising.

Many will simply not face the truth of the matter and some will even lie in order to have a better story to use to convince people.

The main reason I quit mlm was because so few people ever went on to success after signing up on my team... you may say it is because I was not a good leader ... or perhaps it is because I didn't get them plugged into the right training... doesn't matter as I have been around the block long enough to know that only 2% off the people you contact will ever join your opportunity and of those 2%, only 2% will ever go on to do anything with it. [​IMG]

It's called reality.[​IMG]

Give me a website that will make me money while I sleep WITHOUT me having to contact anybody, anyday!
  6. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Bottom line I think is that we're looking for the people that are looking for us - being a business owner for many years. My family and friends will buy but not join me in a business.
  7. weebitty

weebitty Member

All of the replys here are correct to some extent. I too have been around the block as well. [​IMG] MLM is not going away reguardless of the opinion of most people. It is still the most lucrative way of doing business and more and more business's are going that way.

People are fickle we know that. When I got into the businesses I am in now I wasn't looking for them. I was burned out truth be told. But I looked anyway. I didn't want to sell anything, I didn't want to load up my garage with stuff. You know the routine.

I had been in several MLM's over my many years and knew what I didn't want and what I do want if I was ever going to do it again.

People are starting to come around to MLM again because it is changing. But bear in mind too there are alot of people that would join but are afraid of the scams, identity thef, or don't have the understanding of the comp plan, or are just shy and don't think they can do it. [​IMG] Or just don't have the money.

Also people are more desperate than they have ever been before and will jump into almost anything. And once in find out the truth

mountainmom5: I totally agree.. most of the people that have success with this method are ALREADY successful, have a large influence OR have a large amount of money that can be put into advertising.
    And this one is really true because there are organizations that join others and bring their followers with them! Making it look like it is a big success. Or a really good business and can make it sound that way. They have been doing that for years. They move from one opportunity to another. But even so, sometimes the business still fails.
  8. Mflaclair

Mflaclair New Member

Greetings,

The bottom is that warm markets will dry up and where do you go from there. I have never have been able to build good downlines from a warm market. Being familar breeds contempt. Good, targeted postioned leads from the internet is where its at. Target a specific market and go after it.

There are so many ways to get traffic - just get good at a few and you can build strong and lasting downlines with a group of new friends.

To Your Success,

Marc LaClair
  9. annalaurab

annalaurab Member

You can also create a warm market through local networking groups such as chambers of commerce, BNI, womens groups etc. I do this along with online and it works great for me.
  10. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

It works to some extent. You will need to change your approach and not all personalities are the same, even in family and friends.
  11. vlint623

vlint623 New Member

I think sometimes to with the warm market it tends to be a wait and see approach. They like to see what you do with it. People forget that my sucess in something has nothing to do with yours. But our friends have a tendancy to wait and see.
  12. kailo

kailo New Member

I find it very effective to find other network marketers on Facebook. They don't necessarily need to be your real friends, but as long as they think alike just like you, it will be a lot easier to build up the team.
  13. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

I have read each person reply to this topic and here is what I see in most, if not all of them.

I see you guys talking more about making money. If you are not making money in that business, then you guys are saying you will drop out.

What about the product? With you guys saying you are dropping out is showing me that you guys did not fully believe in the product. This is the key to do well in a warm market or online.

I could be wrong here about the product is the key; due to I am not successful in the MLM business I am in now. I am not even making a profit right now. But this is ok.

I bought this product for myself to use; due to it is a better product than what I was buying from the store. The business part was free with the purchase of this product.

In other words, I can just be a customer of the product and be ok with that. It is a bonus if I am able to sell this product to other people to help them live a healthier lifestyle with me.

I suggest to you guys to find a business that offers a product that you can FULLY believe in to be a customer of the product no matter if you are making money or not.

This will keep you in that business longer to work your way up to be successful in that business witch leads to the next key in this kind of business is "patience".
  14. ElizaAndJames

ElizaAndJames New Member

Hello guys,

We are Eliza&James - new to this forum. We agree with Tony, choose product or service that you really passionate about, and first choose only one marketing funnel to promote it (for example only Facebook or only YouTube- master it and then add another funnel). The truth is that MLM is a get rich SLOW business but as long as you don't quit eventually you will succeed.

Have a great day! E&J