WARNING FOR ALL COASTAL MEMBERS!!!

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Mar 21, 2007.

1. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

You funtime folks can use this thread to promote funtime if you want but this thread would not have been started if my member hadn't been told that her Coastal package was useless. That's the situation. If some deal is being worked out I will personally wait for Coastal to announce it. It would gain Rusty a great deal of respect if he would stop trying to discourage people about Coastal.
  2. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

So...just going back to the beginning for a minute. Can someone summarize for me which vouchers are no longer active? Which should I remove from my package?

Thanks!

Dawn
  3. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

Dawn, I believe it is the "fly and stay" ones. They weren't in my package at all, so this has been brewing. How are you, I haven't seen you posting much! Shoot me an email, I'd love to hear from you and how your trip was.
  4. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Thanks for the info, Beckie.

I've been tied up with some family things for a couple of months. My 'spring break' vacation was not so much a vacation - we had to go out of town to deal with the family issue. (My hubby inherited an old farm.)

I sent you an email a few days ago (or more, maybe)...I'll send another one so we can touch base.

Dawn [​IMG]
  5. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

It is funny. I joined a company that promised $10,000 a month to all members for a one time fee of $175.00. They said this would happen methodically and of course would take some time to develop. It has been almost a year and still I am not at $10k a month the targeted goal. Well, it looks like there goes another $175.00. Easy come easy go.

Just recently I bought an ebook for $5 which points out all the online SCAMS and exactly what to be on the lookout for. Eventually these dirtbags will all be out of work and might have to go back and get a JOB! Now that would be rich...

I now have the knowledge and I am confident I will NEVER GET SCAMMED AGAIN!

Here's To Honest Decent People! Brad
  6. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Sorry you got scammed Brad. I guess anything that sounds too good to be true is probably a scam.

You definitely have to work at making money. I don't think there is a business out there where it is "easy" money.

Even heavy hitters like Jeff said it took him a year and a lot of investment before he started making it big and now he is able to reap his rewards. He is always available to help people out and he told me he had a lot of free time because his business is pretty much automated.

Are you a Coastal Vacations member?

Wishing you the best of success,
    Susan
  7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Here is a quote from another member of Coastal on this forum who called Funtime and they tried to recruit her.

WTConnection wrote:
    "When I called to ask about the upgrade I was told that it is thru Funtime Vacations and it would be an extra charge of $100 to $200 per person depending on where I went and for how long. If I'm giving these trips away as gifts I don't want people to have to pay for them when the say only a small processing fee & room tax. Also like most others that called Funtime I also got the come work with us pitch but she never bad mouthed Coastal all she said is that the vendors we work with make it very hard for people to actually get the free vacation, she said they make it so hard that people just give up so that the company doesn't have to honour the voucher. I can't see how we could stay in business if that was really the case-"

Why do you guys keep doing this?
  8. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

my 2 cents worth. The bottom line is, when you call a company about a vacation cert which is included in the coastal package, you would never ever expect that company to bad mouth your company and then try to offer you another way to make money by joining their company. No matter how you cut it, this is unethical business practice and cross recruiting is not looked upon favorably.

I do blame coastal however for still dealing with fun time vacations, despite all the ongoing complaints.

TravelFox is owned by Julie Shinew who was on the board of directors with coastal, but from what I have heard is no longer in coastal.

If fun time is so great, why are they trying to cross recruit coastal reps when they call in with questions on a certificate, why are they not recruiting from their never ending lead sources?

Bottom line is, it is incredulous to think that coastal directors are seeking out a vendor to tell him that they are not making money in coastal and need help.

I am not buying it at all.

cheers
    maria
  9. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: goldmillsQuoting: Lynn
    I used to spend $300 - $350.00 each month on leads now, I get leads, certificates each month and I have control of the A/R message campaigns. Fun Time Distributorship programs don't cost over $300.00 a month.

So how many people have gotten sales for funtime with their unlimited or 20,000 leads program?

I would like to know if they are good leads and if people have tried to use them strickly for Coastal or are they a waste of Autoresponder space?

What data collected on lead does one get, maybe the contact mate software will be a great tool on using massive leads?

Anyone have info to comment?

Jeff

Good questions Jeff.

Now that everyone has calmed down and
    Coastal Directors BOD have decided that
    directors will have an opportunity to
    join Funtime I have ques for all the Funtime
    people who have commented here.

There are a lot of Directors already with Funtime,
    the rest of us are in the dark about what the BOD will be offering for
    us to join FT.

For those of us who will not be going to Vegas to hear the announcement
    anyone know what the incentive that will be offered to us to join?
    (PM me if you would with details)

I am certain after seeing the compensation plan imagine what the BOD will get to have all of us sign up.....

This is really getting interesting.

Since we are all interested in making $$$$
    I am interested but first would like to know what Coastal 's deal will be.

Thank you

Terri
  10. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Quoting: ibiznizHello

my 2 cents worth. The bottom line is, when you call a company about a vacation cert which is included in the coastal package, you would never ever expect that company to bad mouth your company and then try to offer you another way to make money by joining their company. No matter how you cut it, this is unethical business practice and cross recruiting is not looked upon favorably

My thoughts EXACTLY Maria! I just put something similar on another thread. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking that.

I don't blame the BOD, mind you. I suspect that they are unaware? Funtime has been a provider of ours loooong before they started up their own venture. I know some of their vacations are nice little deals. I think that we should maybe let them know that this has been going on. It needs to be addressed and resolved, I think- before either group can work together ethically and not do a dis-service to one another and bring down the reputation of this industry as a whole?

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  11. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

First of all Jeff was actually the first to open this "can of worms" regarding the BOD announcing that they are in some way merging or adding to the Coastal opportunity with FunTime.

When googling FT there many, many who are selling both products FT and CV already.

Was it professional of FT to bad mouth CV? NO!

So question is first of all is this so called BOD announcement in a few weeks that we should join and offer FT OR is it that they will no longer use FT as a vendor??

Until that is answered all of this discussion is a moot point.

Did BOD know that this badmouthing by FT happened from what I understood thats a YES!

Now that the cat's out of the bag NO one including Jeff will explain the details.
  12. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

I personally get the impression that no-one really KNOWS the details. That explains to me the teasing going on. Not in my tastes, i'm a solid facts and info girl!

I don't think we should be pointing fingers at Jeff or anyone else.. I think we should all just wait and see, if we are interested, do our own homework and information gathering in the meantime.

My focus is COASTAL.. I am passionate about and know about and believe in COASTAL. I'm also aware that programs have been talked about before, cards made etc etc and then NOT gone forward for whatever reason. I don't know the why's behind that, but I do respect Al and the BOD for having good business heads on their shoulders. They haven't steered us wrong yet in 13 years, and they do continually update, grow and modify our products. If there ARE provider problems, that provider is OUT! Its always about growth and improvement. That is why we are the biggest, best and fastest growing organization in the wholesale travel industry.

I think that, if we ARE entrepreneurs that we SHOULD keep an open mind and look at things which might add to and benefit our existing businesses.. but I also think that if we are COASTAL entrepreneurs we should follow the lead of our leadership! As a WHOLE, not a part.

I don't know if this funtime thing is a good thing or not. I DO know, however that this "new" funtime leads and business program is NOT yet in our packages or formally endorsed. I also know there have been problems, which I hope are being addressed and resolved by our BOD folks right now so that, if appropriate- we CAN have this option under our banner.

Thats my position, anyhow!

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Terri,
    I don't remember Jeff mentioning this. The first thing I saw was a post a few weeks ago from a member of this forum who came in and started saying, "you Coastal folks who talk bad about funtime get ready because we are going to be working with them." I don't remember Jeff saying anything about it. I'm assuming your talking about Jeff Mills, Right?
  14. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Hi Bear,

Check out the first post on this link. I think this is what Terri is talking about.
  15. susaneng

susaneng New Member

16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: susanengWhoops sorry Bear, I made a mistake. I think Terri is referring to the post on that is titled Funtime and seller of travel rules. Here is the link:

http://www.work-at-home-forum.com/22_4049_0.html

Yes, Harold that is the Jeff I am speaking of,
    thank you Susan.

Terri
  17. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

BTW don't get me wrong I am not blaming Jeff for anything, at least he lets us know stuff that ordinarily we CV Directors are kept in the dark about!

Thanks Jeff!! Love ya man...[​IMG]

Why did funtime dist know about this new merging of FT with CV program BEFORE we CV directors know?

Why did the BOD put the FT/CV program in the current packages BEFORE letting us know about it?

Terri
  18. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Terri and Susan,
    I think Jeff's post that you guys reference is several days after sportsnut and a couple of others started this whole "we know something you don't know" thing. I know I talked to Jeff through yahoo messenger right after the subject was brought up on the forum so I don't think he was the one who brought it up. I'll try to confirm for sure.
  19. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

OK, after looking for a minute I actually found that the post I was referring to by Sportsnut is in THIS very thread we are on and was made on April 9th. You can see it if you click back to the previous page.

This was his post:

"after hearing some of these emails i called and spoke to rusty dillon about all the things being said about funtime and coastal. after spending over an hour with him he came up with a great idea. we should have a conference call with anyone who wants to listen . and he could explain all the things that are going on . he also did say that in the past he has said that some of the travel vouchers in the coastal package didnt work . he takes calls everyday from coastal directors that are looking for help , they are not making any money, they cant find the person that brought them in, and people who arnt able to get vacations through some companys in coastal.and his staff gets frustrated. he said he has talked to al at coastal and thinks they have a solution. rusty and al have known each other for 14 years. and they talk all the time. they are working on something realy big that will take care of all of this between coastal and funtime. i have 3 pages of notes so bare with me. write now they are putting togeather a coastal website that will let us have our own booking site and make commissions on anything travel related , flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, and a great benifits package. just like the new funtime site www.myftvclub.biz. and our own coastal leads site. like funtimes www.funtimeleads.com. and if everything goes well coastal will have this all in house. so that we can all make more money. once this happens there will be no need for all this back and forth. coastal directors will have all of funtimes vouchers , vacation packages and leads and there saber system travel booking arrangments. this is real exciting and i cant wait. having multipal ways of making income will make it easier for all of us to pay for all the things we need to work our coastal buisness. lets get togeather and have a conference call and let him answer any questions . correct me if im wrong , write know coastal realy doesnt own anything they offer. its all second party vendors. if we had this all in house we would truly be the biggest and the best. we would be funtime, global resorts, globel network and ytb, all rolled into one. our cost of leads and auto responders would be cheaper, and we would have additional ways of making money to build our buisness . at the end of our conversation he said all he wants to do is have fun and make people money. he also refered to a previous message that someone said funtime only has 74 distributors and he laughed and said that is since december 1st. . he would like the call because it will give everyone a chance to clear the air and have a possitive conversation and if the people that are saying negative things arnt on the call then everyone will have to form there own opinion. thanks for you time everyone "

-end of quote

Jeff, didn't start the "Funtime Vacations and Seller of Travel Rules" thread until May 24th. I hope I'm not misunderstanding your point, Terri and Susan. No big deal but I just wanted to make sure Jeff didn't blamed for something he didn't do. And you are right, Terri. It's nice to have Jeff keep us up to date on things only the "Big Dogs" know. LOL
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks for doing all the research Harold.

This is getting interesting.

Yup Jeff is our Buddy.........[​IMG]

And thanks to Sportsnut..

Terri