Wealthy Affiliate is a Network Marketing or MLM scam

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by samuelorean, Jul 2, 2008.

1. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

Wow, these really look like programs worth taking a closer look at. Thanks so much for the helpful info - I signed up for the free first pages of OWM thru your link. I'll definitely be checking this one out further - might be just what I need right now!

Thanks Mountainmom!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

getagrip: WA is a little more affordable for most people who since they offer montly billing.
    depends on how you look at it - isn't WA like $39 a month?? SBI comes out to $25 a month ... [​IMG]

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

JoyBringsWealth: - I signed up for the free first pages of OWM thru your link.
    have fun with it ... [​IMG]

4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

mountainmom5: depends on how you look at it - isn't WA like $39 a month?? SBI comes out to $25 a month ...
    You know what this means? This means WAR! LOL [​IMG]

Actually, if you pay in full, WA comes out to $29.99 a month, but you get quite a bit for that, including a bunch of tools and website builder in Site Rubix, PLUS things like Niche Q. You can also host up to 3 domains with Wealthy Affiliate Web Hosting - with SBI, you have to pay a minimum of $100 additional for each new domain you add on - and that is only if you can get the special offer - otherwise it is an additional $300.

I think it would be beneficial for SBI to offer monthly billing - even if they charged $30 a month for the option to go month to month, because that $300 is cost prohibitive for a lot of people. I'm glad its a good quality program though - but let's face it, even though $40 a month is more expensive than paying $300 up front, its still a lot more affordable for most people, and WA will pay for itself with just two referrals.

Having said all of that, both WA and SBI are great programs. You can't go wrong with either one.

Touch?©! [​IMG]

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

getagrip: You know what this means? This means WAR! LOL
    ROFL - I just HAD to pop in and throw some ammo... I totally agree with the monthly payment option...and I absolutely agree that they are BOTH great programs and I also think it is wonderful to have the diversity that each one offers...

We are still friends.[​IMG]

6. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

I love you guys! It says a lot that you both believe so strongly in your programs [​IMG] I'll definitely be doing some research on both! I think it is wise to constantly be adding to your "affiliate library".

7. No matter what people think, good or bad, you have to say it has lasted over a year, and that is a milestone for most affiliate programs which usually die off in less than a year as the internet is a fast moving target, and what worked yesterday no longer does, especially with affiliate marketing which is saturated now. I did well with affiliate marketing, but it appears to me PPC is not pulling like it use to, so with most using this costly means of promoting, it is just a matter of time. I can't believe how many affiliate programs have vanished in past year, so it was nice to see WA still here.

Good luck

8. onlinemoneyexpe

onlinemoneyexpe New Member

It is obvious that this guy doesn't understand the theory behind affiliate marketing. You promote other people's products. You don't have to promote Wealthy Affiliate, but why not. If you yourself bought it then you know what it's about. You should know about your product. It also helps if you know and understand the way of thinking of your potencial costomers. If you are a customer in that niche, you understand that way of thinking.

9. MakeMuchMoney3

MakeMuchMoney3 New Member

I agree. It is just like My online income system. When someone buy it you will get a freewebsite that contains 3 money making products. One of them is My online income system. So nobody will write negative stuff about the system but I think the system is great although. But still, it is not right to do that.

10. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have been a Wealthy Affiliate member for nearly two years, and still use some of the tools 4-5 days a week.

Also though, I speak highly of the Thirty Day Challenge.
    Have not joined Thirty Day Challenge Plus, or and of their paid memberships yet.

There are a few great programs out there, and I feel if you find one and just stick with it, you will be more successful than looking for fast cash.

11. mamascookin

mamascookin New Member

getagrip: Actually, if you pay in full, WA comes out to $29.99 a month, but you get quite a bit for that, including a bunch of tools and website builder in Site Rubix, PLUS things like Niche Q. You can also host up to 3 domains with Wealthy Affiliate Web Hosting - with SBI, you have to pay a minimum of $100 additional for each new domain you add on - and that is only if you can get the special offer - otherwise it is an additional $300.

I think it would be beneficial for SBI to offer monthly billing - even if they charged $30 a month for the option to go month to month, because that $300 is cost prohibitive for a lot of people. I'm glad its a good quality program though - but let's face it, even though $40 a month is more expensive than paying $300 up front, its still a lot more affordable for most people, and WA will pay for itself with just two referrals.

Having said all of that, both WA and SBI are great programs. You can't go wrong with either one.
    Hi everyone! I'm new hear but just thought I'd chime in on this conversation. I really don't know anything about Wealthy Affiliate although I have heard that it is indeed a good program. I do, however, know first hand about SBI! I have three SBI! websites and I wouldn't choose any other system. I LOVE SBI! $300 a year really isn't a bad deal considering you get EVERYTHING you need to build a successful business. They do have the option now for renewals to make monthly payments of $29.99 a month but that is just for renewals. You still have to pay for the first year in full.

12. macmaster

macmaster New Member

There you go, someone came up with the perfect plan to start up a website company. If anyone blabs bad about it, they get burnt. The more people post about it, and the more traffic created, the better.I did my research on that company and figured it out. I didn't go for it and don't regret it.

13. MichaelZ

MichaelZ New Member

Interesting comments here. I tend to shy away from "Get Rick Quick" but I will say that if you can learn one or two worthwhile things for the $30 a month then it is worth it. And WA does not look like the typical ebook-garbage in that it clearly outlines what you are getting for the money and what you need to do.

For the heck of it I tried a blog promotion package last summer. I ended up basically paying $60 for a bunch of crap, but in the process I learned a few tricks (legitimate) that will eventually pay for that $60 10 times over if not more.

I am not a WA member or promoter by the way.

14. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

FREEBUSINESSES: No matter what people think, good or bad, you have to say it has lasted over a year, and that is a milestone for most affiliate programs which usually die off in less than a year as the internet is a fast moving target
    I believe Wealthy Affiliate started somewhere around 2004, so that would put them at about the 6 year mark right now.

15. dmitch31: I believe Wealthy Affiliate started somewhere around 2004, so that would put them at about the 6 year mark right now.
    Amazing,

It was late 2005 going back over my records, so you have to say, this is one of those rare affiliate programs which offers enough value to justify the cost, contrary to most which are repackaged same old same old, and probably copied from WA. lol

Success to all,

16. Louem

Louem New Member

Good thread. I am not a wealthy affiliate member but I have a couple of friends that are.

Both of my friends are making money with what they learned, not with head hunting.

I choose my training in other ways.

As for all you wealthy affiliate members... you DON'T have to prove yourself to anyone.

17. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

Is Wealthy Affiliates Legit? Is WA an opportunity new internet entrepreneurs might want to consider? Yes to both.
    I'm not a member myself, or associated in any way with WA, yet I have no doubt that WA is a top rank web based business opportunity.
    I believe that those who research are unlikely to find good cause to conclude otherwise.
    One will find complaints from the usual suspects: people who fail to follow the program; those who, expecting instant results, become discouraged and quit; those who are unwilling to do what it takes to be successful in business.
    I have a high opinion of Kyle and Carson.
    I still receive their free newsletter.. they contain a lot of good stuff