Wealthy Affiliate?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by getagrip, Apr 11, 2006.

1. dark affiliate

dark affiliate New Member

lol yes i have noticed i do that rather a lot getagrip, i should just make new topics. You have been watching over me lol. Yea i have heard some bad stories about the WA hosting. Ill look into the go daddy thing. Or host gator. It is just that i have not launched my site yet and since WA hosting is free i wanted to get some experience and run some trail and error stuff for about a week or two as the WA hosting will be faster to get up on as it already there and i dont like wasitng time lol. I understand that i should probably get hosting with someone else but i am sure you can understand why i just wanted to start with WA hosting. I just have issues to get the NVU website software to upload my stuff on the WA servers with my domain name, dunno wht i am missing or doing wrong. If u would like to give and specif advice then thanks although i will look at the link again that you gave me.

thank you
  2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Dark Affiliate,
    Nobody hates you....Not me!

This very well may have been something I did in the beginning:
    When I used NVU..and Plesk, either my banner or images would appear. Never both.
    I will try it again someday ..but that was my first real website..and I became frustrated, too time consuming. I spent 3 days trying to get it to ftp correctly. A WA member suggested Weebly.
    I built a free Weebly website, blog..free hosting...you can use a sub-domain of Weebly or register your own right there on the spot.
    It just could not get easier than that..
    This afforded me extra time to write articles and move on to other projects.
    Try the video and if that does not work out maybe move your content to Weebly?
    You know what? There are sooo many WA members..if someone made you uncomfortable, try to forget it....there are hunderds maybe thousands who are kind. There is always one in a crowd...
    Hugs, Victoria
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

BTW, Dark Affiliate, with regard to what NTC said about using Weebly to build your website: there is a thread in the WA forum which has vided tutorials about how to use Weebly.

You can find the thread by going to the $500 Challenge section of the WA forum and reading the following thread called:

Websites and Landing Pages So Easy a 10 Year Old Can Do It

Hopefully, that will get you pointed in the right direction!
  4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Having the skill to build your own site is great.
    Then you can create exactly what you want, and do not need to rely on customer service for errors or whatever..
    I decided to focus on the marketing and traffic methods...since there are so many options to build a site easily these days.
    Weebly, Site Rubix, and more.
    Have a great night!
    Victoria
  5. Casper

Casper New Member

getagrip: You can use WA hosting for any website you build, regardless of whether you used the WA templates. I'd recommend that you build your first site with Site Rubix. I don't like those online website builders as I think they can be quite tricky too navigate, Anyway I think it's better if you build your own site as you can sit back & be proud of it.
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I agree with you Casper, BUT I think that depends on whether or not you know HTML.

Some people are great with using HTML, CSS, and PHP, or can easily learn them if they want to. For others, my self included, it is a major battle...in fact, I've never built a site from the ground up - I just use templates along with a WYSIWYG Editor, and it works great for me!

I've also used Site Rubix, but I think it is better to use a WYSIWYG editor, although Site Rubix can help you get started fairly easily if you don't want to use a WYSIWYG editor or learn HTML. Just my two cents...[​IMG]
  7. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member