Web Host Needs Your Input

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by ProProductions, May 29, 2007.

1. ProProductions

ProProductions New Member

OK so where do I start.

Well to put it simple I have had my own small hosting buisness running for a while now and I am hoping to expand out, get new customers and such. Not sure if I can advertise here, so I won't at this point.

But basically I need people's input. So I know what to offer, what people need and any other information that might help.

Basically I am running under multiple systems which are growing all the time. All the costs I have are paid until 2010. So I am not going to be a here today gone tomorrow kind of guy.

But as I say I could do with some suggestions and such, which may or may not be of help.

2. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

Offering multiple (possibly unlimited) addon domains is always a draw for me when I'm considering a hosting plan. Also, unlimited, or at least a large number of mysql databases is good because of installing blogs, cms's, forums, and more. Along with that of course is PHP support.

Good quick friendly support is indispensable, and I would advice you have a user forum so members can help each other out.

The rest is standard stuff, good bandwidth allocations, space allocations, and good consistent uptime is what will keep your customers happy.

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Unlimited domains is a major requirement for me, you can limit web space/ bandwidth/ databases/CPU usage/email, I am only looking for unlimited domains

4. moneymakerblogs

moneymakerblogs New Member

Quoting: pcworkUnlimited domains is a major requirement for me, you can limit web space/ bandwidth/ databases/CPU usage/email, I am only looking for unlimited domains

I totally agree with you, but wouldn't you be concerned about getting a good amount of bandwidth too to accomodate traffic if you had many websites? Even though you don't need too much bandwidth unless you're doing movies and a lot of file transfers, I find that getting as much bandwidth as possible is a good safeguard in case you build a site that becomes wildly popular.

5. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

You just to get the word out my friend. try reciprocal linking.

6. juno44444

juno44444 New Member

Yes, unlimited addon domains and databases is important. People should be able to create lots of WP Blogs if they want without trouble.

Most crucial after that is technical reliability and customer support. If something goes wrong, customer support should be there right away to help resolve it. No one wants to wait 5 hours or 24 hours if their site is down, if they encounter a bug, or if something else goes wrong.

Fast, helpful, and friendly support are key and I think they are the reason HostGator is so successful.

7. pcwork

pcwork New Member

moneymakerblogs: I totally agree with you, but wouldn't you be concerned about getting a good amount of bandwidth too to accomodate traffic if you had many websites? Even though you don't need too much bandwidth unless you're doing movies and a lot of file transfers
    , I find that getting as much bandwidth as possible is a good safeguard in case you build a site that becomes wildly popular

Most of my blogs are on niche topics, so they are unlikely to become very popular.