Web-hosting

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by cshakesby, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Jose Roman

Jose Roman New Member

Hostgator!! All the way. I use 1&1 too but Hostgator, 30 second Wordpress install, wysiwyg website builders, unlimited domain add-ons, stats, file manager, its just great for $9.99 per month. In 6 years I've never had a problem.
  2. katereber

katereber New Member

Jose Roman: Hostgator!! All the way. I use 1&1 too but Hostgator, 30 second Wordpress install, wysiwyg website builders, unlimited domain add-ons, stats, file manager, its just great for $9.99 per month. In 6 years I've never had a problem.

Great!! So happy to know that you are happy with the service of Hostgator.. Keep it up and more success..

Good day to you..[​IMG]
  3. stesnees

stesnees New Member

I use go daddy for buying domains only (always try find a coupon code 1st) and HostGator for the hosting, never had any problems with Hostgator at all.
  4. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I've been using hostgator and it's pretty good

since for about 7 bucks a month you can unlimited domains which is pretty awesome. ooooh and I also think you can unlimited wordpress installs too.
  5. Yeoch

Yeoch Member

Hi,

Hostgator is charging more than US$2.95/mth for unlimited bandwidth, unlimited diskspace, unlimited domains, unlimited email accounts and excellent customer service, right?

Then, you have been paying more than ... . Time to look around. Excellent customer service and prompt problem-solving are 'standard features', ie., must-have in order to stay in business.

Bye
  6. morienars

morienars New Member

newbiz02: sequencehosting:
    Godaddy has a very bad reputation when it comes to support. My guess would be it's due to their rapid growth. It may be hard for them to provide a decent level of support because of their size.

I agree because at first i was using them for hosting but one day my site got suspended without warning because i was using up all their bandwidth

Anyway i removed the plugin that was causing the problem and my site came back after 24hrs. So from now on i can buy some .info domains from them but nothing serious.

This things really happen if you abuse your hosting provider, I have two sites hosting with GoDaddy right now, so far I'm very happy with my choice, good thing my friend recommended me to read on some reviews from actual users. One of the review sites I remembered is http://www.webhostingsearch.com/review/godaddy , straight to the point and they also have other reviews of hosting providers not just GoDaddy.
  7. Speedy2011

Speedy2011 Member

Go Daddy sticks out more than other web hosts; due to they have spent the most on advertising by advertising at the Super Bowl. This does not mean they are the best web host.

I feel Go Daddy, Hostgator, Startlogic and others are all good. All offer around the same price for SHARED web hosting. Some might have a little better support than others; due to they have the funds to have more people on the 24/7 support phone number.

I am using Startlogic and Hostgator. I like Hostgator a lttle more than Startlogic; due to Hostgator offers more features like 4,500 free website templates and a higher Google Adwords credit.

In closing, look at what extra features that web host company has to offer when choosing a web host company for your website.
  8. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Hint: Become a Hosting Re-Seller and get yours free.
    Local businesses, artists, bloggers, friends all want hosting.
    You can easily get yours paid for by hosting one or two others.
    Back in 1995 a friend taught me the next real estate boom was virtual.
    Sell cyberspace and you will have a continuous flow of "rental income".
    The EZ way is to become an affiliate Re-Seller and just advertise the service.
    Or, like me, you can lease space to sub-let to as many businesses as you want.
    I started with a $99/yr shared hosting re-seller package with unlimited domains.
    You can turn around and sell one site to a local business/artist for $99/year.
    That makes your own hosting free and you can re-sell more for a profit.
    If you can design and set-up websites for them you can make even more.
    Make sure your host provides scalable upgrades for more space/bandwidth.
    You can just re-sell hosting without renting any for yourself as an affiliate.

There are lots of factors that go into choosing the best hosting company.
    Dependability should be number one, 24/7 support is secondary.
    You will seldom need support if they are reliable to begin with.
    No matter who you use, always keep an off-line BACK-UP copy.
    It may not be the host fault if your site gets over-written.[​IMG]
  9. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Hostgator Hands Down!!!!

Using coupons for them though usually means you just made someone an affiliate sale [​IMG]
  10. mogulmedia

mogulmedia New Member

Hostgator are good but if you are looking for a VPS or any private server then Servint are absolutely superb (no I'm not affiliated with them!).

When choosing hosting make sure they have the basics like databases and a good CP. cPanel is most widely used...