Website Copyright

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bullsfan, Apr 27, 2009.

1. bullsfan

bullsfan New Member

How do I get my website copyright?

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi BullsFan,

You don't have to do anything. The copyright is implied by default.

Still, it's common practice to put a copyright notice in the footer of each page. Some feel that it occasionally prevents copy theft and adds a bit in regards to a more professional feel.

~Newbie Shield~

3. Seth

Seth New Member

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hi Bullsfan,
    You can also go to copyscape.dotcom and grab a free button for the bottom of your webpages.

You can also insert an HTML code at the bottom of your website (would have to Google it to get the code) to prevent pasting and copying text and images too.
    I hope this helps!
    Victoria

5. samda

samda Member

Try to use copy scape. It gives some sort of banners to protect your contents.

6. moneymagnet23

moneymagnet23 New Member

There is also a new company out there that helps writters and more its called Nexicon, they promote internet theft.. downloading illegaly and all that stuff.. so you can contcat them.

7. vunited

vunited New Member

Copywriting your website is a waste of time, if the information is valuable enough, someone will steal it and use it. It's like trying to stop people from sharing mp3's or movies.

8. workit_09

workit_09 New Member

i agree with vunited, if the info is valuable enough someone will steal it. But you can make it harder for them by following VictoriaNTC's advice and insert an html code so as to prevent anyone from copying the content. If you want to safegard images then only use low res images on your site.

Hope this helps.

9. workit_09

workit_09 New Member