Website Promotion Is Not Famous YET

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by dhjati, Jun 26, 2011.

1. dhjati

dhjati New Member

In my country website promotion is not YET famous. Many website owners only use their website for profiling and status. They have run their business for quite long but still they use other media to promote their product like TV, daily or magazine. This is funny because from what I notice many people try to search some products from internet.
  2. Oliviabest

Oliviabest New Member

Please, would you be so kind to specify what country are you from? I'm really curious about the place where SEO is not in use...
  3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I find that hard to believe. Someone from another country would likely be promoting somethings, if no one in your country is not actively doing so.
  4. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Jakarta is not really that different in regards to advertising.
    In the U.S. the majority of small businesses still use off-line ads.
    Even the big advertisers continue to pour most of their money there.
    The U.S. has a 20 year head start and still has barely started on-line.
    The explosion of streaming video will drive the next generation of ads.
    Nothing will ever replace word of mouth. Video can be used for that as well.
    Looks like you have found an opportunity to profit from in your country.
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

dhjati: In my country website promotion is not YET famous. Many website owners only use their website for profiling and status. They have run their business for quite long but still they use other media to promote their product like TV, daily or magazine. This is funny because from what I notice many people try to search some products from internet.
    The website owners you are referring to seem to be running traditional offline, brick and mortar businesses. That's a golden opportunity for you to show them how to really use the Internet to improve their market share, get ahead of the competition and increase profits.

There's money to be made educating and selling this group on the benefits of SEO, copywriting, web site promotion, traffic generation and a range of other products and services that will advance their businesses.

Those owners who took early advantage of these online strategies would soon see measurable gains, and their testimonials would help you attract more clients.

Eventually you could develop your own course that teaches others how to go out and do what you are doing. Before you know it, you'd become one of the top marketing gurus in your country, with a bank account to prove it.

Hermas
  6. kanonig

kanonig New Member

The poster might probably be from a third world country. Perhaps this is your chance to be the number one in the art of internet marketing and money making.
  7. stellaandreapar

stellaandreapar New Member

Website promotion is one of the key tools when doing business online. If they are not using it then they are surely missing something.
  8. shuvo

shuvo Member

Probably their business is targeted only to local customers and this is why traditional advertising works best there.
  9. henrybb

henrybb New Member

From what I can see advertising is all about getting as much exposure as you can. Depending on the type of business you're running and your target market sometimes the old media works better than the new media. People have been saying for more than 10 years now that TV ads will be dead when more and more people use the Net. Those TV ads are still there. Maybe they are getting fewer as many companies are splitting their marketing budgets b/w new and old medias. Fewer, yes but gone altogether? I doubt that. I just cannot imagine watching the telly with no ads whatsoever. I NEED those ads to go to the kitchen for my popcorn and milk [​IMG]
  10. IceMustang

IceMustang New Member

dhjati: In my country website promotion is not YET famous. Many website owners only use their website for profiling and status. They have run their business for quite long but still they use other media to promote their product like TV, daily or magazine. This is funny because from what I notice many people try to search some products from internet.

That just means that you have an opportunity to use the internet to promote your product and beat everyone else to the punch. Go for it.