Website Promotion via Free Press Release Site The Best Ones

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by FreeCashMan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I've seen several threads here on article marketing, but who's into Press Releases for website promotion.

What are the best free press releases sites out that that you have used or the top ones you know of.

I've used one site in the past, www.free-press-release.com, that has worked out well, but looking into others that are out there that have severed you internet marketers well.

Or should one just stick to Articles?

I remember the first internet business I got involved in, better than 4 years ago, my sponsor stated on a training call, "Don't call me for support on marketing if you haven't done a Press Release!"[​IMG]

So share the 411 on press releases for website promotion of ones business, product or services.
  2. FreeCashMan

3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: What are the best free press releases sites out that that you have used or the top ones you know of.
    I have used PR Web in the past. They are the most widely used service of its kind and are very highly regarded.

Your press release goes out to the top news sites and search engines, and has the potential to be seen by hundreds of thousands of subscribers to their mailing list.

You also get to see important feedback on the activity of your press release, such as: read rates, headline impressions, keyword search and other useful reports.

And if you are new to the press release format, PR Web has a great resource section with articles and videos to bring you up to speed on how to create and market them.

PR Web is to the press release, what Ezine Articles is to the article!

Here's a list of other PR sites that carry some sway:

- PR Free
    - PR Leap
    - PR Newswire
    - 24-7 Press Release

There is software available that you can use right from your computer to create and distribute your press realeases to submission sites. A quick Google search would turn up some options.

FreeCashMan: Or should one just stick to Articles?
    One should do both! They are slightly different in format and are intended to impact the reader differently.

The Press Release is designed to come across as a news announcement, while an article is more concerned with highlighting benefits, features, solutions and so on.

Together they help you to cast a wider net.

Hermas
  4. FreeCashMan

Thanks for the great feed back.

I'm looking to market via some of the top free ones and do some training for my team on Press Release marketing as well.
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I have heard in the past the press releases is a great way to get your website out there but just like article marketing, there is no guarantee that you will get any exposure to your site from doing press releases.
  6. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

I too have been looking into press release and trying to find sites that allow you to submit for free.

www.prlog.com is the only option I can find that allows clickable links without charging a fee.

I've also come across PressBot a piece of automated submission software that boasts submission to 25 top ranking websites.

Does anyone have any experience with PressBot? Is the software submitting to sites that allow free clickable links or will there be an added ongoing cost?

J
  7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

A8ch: PR Web is to the press release, what Ezine Articles is to the article!

Here's a list of other PR sites that carry some sway:

- PR Free
    - PR Leap
    - PR Newswire
    - 24-7 Press Release

FreeCashMan: www.free-press-release.com
    JackieM293: www.prlog.com
    Thanks folks, I was writing one as we speak - and it's hard.
    The key is to make it newsworthy and from a reporter's perspective.
    Writing in the 3rd person is not one of my strong points[​IMG]

Any hints on where to find cheap (free?) ghost writers?
  8. JackieM293

JackieM293 Member

I believe that you can source writers through www.fiverr.com

Not free but just $5 per assignment, I haven't used it myself but have heard good things about it.

J
  9. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

10. JacobOram

JacobOram New Member

press releases do work great. ive been using myprgenie.com since like a year. works great for me to spread my news to over 100 blogs and other news websites.
  11. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Just2EZ: Writing in the 3rd person is not one of my strong points

Well Jimmy did finally write something in the 3rd person - about himself!
    Guess that article on how to write in the 3rd person finally sunk in.
    Only took him 57 years to lose the "I", at least one time anyway.
    Earning comes with Learning!

PR is the beginning of PRess Release, and an abbreviation for Public Relations.
    They are equals and serve the same purpose - PRo-motion.
    Don't Consider It, Get It Done!
    Jimmy
  12. FreeCashMan

Thanks for the myprgenie type. Looks interesting even the free version.

Hope it's good for home business PR's