Website traffic...

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by beautifulchaos, Mar 30, 2009.

1. beautifulchaos

beautifulchaos New Member

How do I get traffic to my website so they will purchase my product? I am lost on this please help! Preferably free ways that don't take all my time to advertise. Thanks!!

2. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

1 of the good effective way to gain traffic is by posting in the forum. make sure u make your own signature and put your site url. and make it attractive for people to click it

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you know your market, advertise where your potential customers are likely to see you.

4. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I would suggest writing articles, twitter, facebook, blog about your topic, create press releases and post in forums. All solid ways to get traffic.

Also one of the keys to producing traffic is to right keyword focused web pages. Do your key word research and target long tail keywords that have good traffic but low competition.

5. alwaysseeking

alwaysseeking New Member

You said you would prefer ways that don't take much time to advertise - the more time you put in the greater the reward.
    If you are looking for shortcuts there are plenty of scams that offer those.
    Long term stable income takes time to establish, create a name for you or your product, post on forums, yahoo answers, google groups etc and try to learn as much from successful marketers as you can.

6. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Hi,

I believe you are hard worker, just didn't get paid as much as you

worked right?

But, here is the thing, 90% of newbie just give up because they are

not making sales at all as a beginner..[​IMG]

I believe you are not gong to do that.

Do not find easy way, and do not take advices who recommend you

fast easy ways, those are all scams.

The only thing you can save time and make traffic is

Target Marketing You pick the potential target, and write

articles about products( Quality articles). Your article will last

forever. Someday, some how people will click your link and buy,

while you are keep writing article daily~~[​IMG]

Keep it in mind "Target marketing, and writing article to target!!"

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

7. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Try social media like twitter, facebook, myspace.

Whatever you are doing now, continue to do it. Always track your traffic. If you are not getting traffic from a particular method, find out what is wrong with the method and improve on it.

In this way, you will get targeted traffic.

Happy learning and earning

8. shevyresab

shevyresab New Member

Chaos,

Time, effort, application, motivation, energy, dedication and a willingness to learn are a few of the things anyone starting an online business will need. Sorry to sound harsh but without these you will not succeed. Shortcuts, in life situations generally backfire!

Take your time, dedicate a couple of hours a day and you will not fail.

Hope this helps

Paul

9. garygoh

garygoh New Member

What I would suggest is, focus on one or two methods and stick to it for at least few months. For example, if you have a flair of writing, you can target to write 1 article a day continuously for two months.
    Not only that article marketing is free but you can have free traffic in the long run.

I am sure you will see nice results.

10. danhenrique

danhenrique New Member

Hi my friend.
    Some months ago I was in the same situation than you.

For getting free target traffic, you need to write articles (good articles) and post them at big articles hubs, just like EzineArticles. This will create backlinks to your website and give people information. Another great thing is posting classified ads, forums postings (with your website in the signature), and so on. If you have some money to spend, you can try Google Adwords and others pay-per-click systems.

Good luck!

11. gridellas

gridellas New Member

You have to find out what works for you and your business through research. Once you do then it is all about wash, rinse and repeat. It takes a little time and a lot of effort but you have to be consistent in what you do. Once you stop then it will be like starting all over again.

12. crittabur

crittabur New Member

hey, I know what you mean and I wish I could help but it looks like I'm in the same boat you are.lol.I have been hearing this is a good place to be though.Keep posting and keep spreading your words.

13. garygoh

garygoh New Member

jaesun16: "Target marketing, and writing article to target!!"
    Awesome advice, that's how I made my first sale when I started affiliate marketing. What I did was basically set up a squeeze page with an opt in form, and then write an honest review of the product that I am promoting. After this, I kept writing articles using the keywords that I would like to target to drive targeted traffic to my webpage.

14. 1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such as USFreeads.

3. View related products on Amazon.com. You can try and take some customers from your competitors here by providing your own url if the product is similar.

4. Review websites in your niche on Alexa to try to take some of their traffic by including a reference back to your site.

5. Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

6. If you purchase a product that you actually like, then leave a testimonial. Leave your url in your testimonial and you should receive some traffic.

7. Whenever you send an email to someone, include your website url as a signature.

8. Keep updating content on your websites/blogs... try at least once per week, if not twice.

9. Tag blog posts at social bookmarking sites. Sign up to Onlywire.

10. Add pictures to your blog with appropriate keywords.

15. beckernpeeksmom

beckernpeeksmom New Member

beautifulchaos I know exactly how you are feeling! I too am struggling for traffic, but I am going to stick it out because I just know it will pick up any day now.
    Everyone here has added some very useful info that I am going to take gladly, Thanks everybody! [​IMG]

16. larsan

larsan New Member

Anyone having success with any PPC sites other than Google?

17. darpon56

darpon56 New Member

Getting started is always the tough part. Writing articles for a site such as Ezine Articles or GoArticles is a great way to go. Ezine is a little more picky about quality, etc. and Go- will get you up pretty quickly. I do prefer Ezine.

Do some studies on keywords for products you want to promote and then start writing articles with those targeted keywords. If you take a look at Bum Marketing Methods either on YouTube or Google that will help quite a bit.

[Link removed - Admin]

18. HobbiesMann

HobbiesMann New Member

If I didn't have such a hard time being in front of a video camera I would be creating videos on my various products or niches and put those videos on every video site out there.

Of course article marketing is what I do instead. It works great but I know that videos work better as people tend to prefer to view more than read.

Focus on commenting on related blogs without spamming. Make your comment worth reading and people will click through to your site. Make a crappy comment and you will be deleted or ignored.

Also try to be the first to comment with a worthy comment and you may get that attention of the blog owner, in a good way.